This chapter is normative.
- The connection between a model item in the XForms Model and a form control
in the XForms User Interface, or other presentation. Can also refer to the
connection between a model item and its representation as a instance data
- An addressing expression used by the binding to connect form controls to
other parts of XForms.
- A single defining aspect of a value space. Generally speaking, each facet
characterizes a value space along independent axes or dimensions.
- form control
- A user interface control or "widget" that serves as a point of
user interaction. The XForms User Interface defines several form controls.
- instance data
- Representation of the values of all the model items. When represented as
XML, instance data can be accessed through the XML DOM.
- Representation of a single piece of data, constrained by the definition
of a model item, and typically presented to the user through one or more form
- lexical space
- A lexical space is the set of valid literals for a datatype.
- model item
- An abstract unit of data-collection within the XForms Model, which defines
a type and possibly other constraints on a single piece of collected data.
- value space
- A set of values for a given datatype. Each value in the value space of a
datatype is denoted by one or more literals in its lexical space.
- XForms Model
- The non-visible definition of an XML form as specified by XForms. The XForms
Model defines the model items that exist, the structure of the instance data
to represent the data, and constraints and other run-time aspects of XForms.
- XForms Processor
- A software application or program that implements the XForms specification.
- The means by which instance data is transported from one place to another,
such as part of a submit, suspend, or resume operation.
- A set of graphical form controls designed to provide a higher-quality user
experience when compared to conventional XHTML forms.