ISSUE-158: text-combine change requests from EPUB JP
text-combine change requests from EPUB JP
- CSS3 Writing Modes
- Raised by:
- Koji Ishii
- Opened on:
- Here are the feedbacks from EPUB JP ML.
* They would like "how to fit into ideally 1em square" to be UA dependent. Having examples or "may"s in the spec is good, but UA vendors should be able to use their own creativity and should be able to choose the best method for each platform and/or their fonts.
* The use of half/one-third/etc glyphs should be "may", not "should"
* Concluded scaling is better than falling back to "none" when the width exceeds the line height drastically, but the limit to start scaling should also be UA dependent.
* Scaling may be used instead or in addition to half/one-third/etc glyphs.
- Related Actions Items:
- No related actions
- Related emails:
- [css3-writing-modes] ISSUE-158: feedback on text-combine from Japan (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2011-01-13)
- CSS-ISSUE-158: text-combine change requests from EPUB JP [CSS3 Text] (from email@example.com on 2011-01-13)
Writing Modes spec updatedKoji Ishii, 19 Feb 2011, 20:41:43
Display change log