Web Security Interest Group
Chairs: Adam Barth, Google; Virginie Galindo, Gemalto
The mission of the Web Security Interest Group is to serve as a forum for discussions on improving standards and implementations to advance the security of the Web. To participate in the group, please join the public-web-security mailing list.
The group is designed as a forum for interested members of the broader Web community -- technology designers, implementors, and other interested parties -- to work toward improving specifications and implementations to advance security of the Web overall.
Interest Group Life
The IG is mainly working over the mailing list and has monthly call.
- December 2013 call : detailed minutes and take away
- January 2014 call : take away
- March 2014 call : to be confirmed based on the doodle
- agenda : Debrief of STRINT workshop by Wendy/Rigo/Harry from W3C staff / Security review and guideline : where are we ? / Understanding security technology : focus on FIDO / New security features : status on the 'secure services workshop'
Note that all calls happen on zakim bridge +1.617.761.6200 with passcode 26634#; http://irc.w3.org #websec
Proposed Work Items for the Web Security IG
- Security specifications review
- Understanding security model of the web
- Mobile security analysis
- New security features to be developed in W3C
- Scouting new use cases and technologies including press articles, good documentation...
Note that a proposal of new working group has been proposed (based on TPAC breakout, pervasive surveillance) wiki