PICS/DSig Standard Library
PICS/DSig Standard Library in Java -- Version History
Current Version = 1.2 -- May 14 1998
Version 1.2.x History
For information on the current version, see the Known Bugs / What's New page.
DSig Reference Code Version History
The DSig Reference Code did not previously have version numbers. It's
version history was perserved in a history file that was distributed with it.
Version 1.1.4 -- February 18 1998
Version 1.1.3 -- January 29 1998
Version 1.1.2 -- October 31 1997
- Fixed a bug in the ProfileParser when reading URLs containing %*
- Fixed a bug in the ProfileParser that caused the hostnames within
URLs to be evaluated improperly.
- Updated ProfileParser to be in synch with PICSRules spec dated December 29 1997.
- Fixed a bug that occured when cloning Profiles.
- Policy was made a public class. Several of its methods were also made public.
- Removed the quotes that surrounded rating service and rating system URLs
inside Service objects. Quotes still appear properly when toString() is called.
- New method writeSQLQuery() added to Policy.
- New method getFullServiceName() added to Profile.
- New method toCommaDelimString() added to Rating.
- Fixed a bug in Label that caused quotes to appear in generic clauses.
Generic clauses should not have quotes around their boolean values.
- Updated all parsers to use JavaCC 0.7
will no longer function properly under versions of JavaCC prior to 0.7
Version 1.1.1 -- October 24 1997
- Fixed a bug in Policy that caused crashes when using the Filter command
on a page that did not have any labels.
- New method clone() added to Profile.
Version 1.1 -- October 16 1997
- Updated ProfileParser to be in synch with PICSRules spec dated October 22 1997.
- New class ProfileDecoder: This class can be used to decode the hex-encodings that are found within strings in a PICSRule.
- ParseError was changed to make certain types of error messages more
- Fixed the ProfileParser so that it correctly handles the case-insensitivity of attribute names.
Version 1.0.8 -- October 14 1997
- Updated ProfileParser to be in synch with PICSRules spec dated October
- Supports evaluation of a profile against multiple labels at a time. This
allows labels for multiple services for the same page to be submitted to a
Profile all at the same time, as per the PICSRules specification.
- New commands in PICSParser: Find Labels and Filter. See the documentation page for details.
- New class LabelFinder:
This class is used to locate labels in the headers of HTML files.
- The LabelParser now attempts to parse PICS1.0 labels as PICS1.1 labels
rather than automatically failing. If the PICS1.0 label actually has valid
PICS1.1 syntax, it will parse correctly.
- In debugmode, profile evaluation now prints out the Explanation sub-clause
of the Policy that activated.
- New method isValidWithReason() added to Profile.
Version 1.0.7 -- October 6 1997
- The bugfix from version 1.0.7 did not work properly. It fixed some
cases of the servicename.categoryname bug, but broke other parts of
the label/profile evaluator. This version should fix any lingering problems
in the evaluator.
Version 1.0.6 -- September 23 1997
- Fixed a bug in Label.toDsigString() that caused extra spaces to appear.
- New method getServiceNames() added to Profile.
- Fixed a bug in label/profile evaluation in which the Profile mistakenly
only used the categoryname to determine whether a label's category
matched a particular expression, rather than using the full servicename.categoryname.
Version 1.0.5 -- September 5 1997
- Updated ProfileParser to be in synch with PICSRules spec dated September
Version 1.0.4 -- September 4 1997
- Fixed a bug in Profile that caused crashes when evaluating profiles that
contained no Policy clauses. A Profile without Policy clauses should always
Version 1.0.3 -- September 2 1997
Version 1.0.2 -- August 28 1997
- Fixed a bug in Label regarding multivalued categories. Parens were
accidentally being omitted.
- Fixed a bug in Rating. Range-style ratings were being incorrectly
initialized. The high end of the range was correct, but the low end of the
range was being left empty.
- Fixed a bug in Profile parsing/evaluation with simple expressions that
use the '=' operator. They had not been working correctly.
Version 1.0.1 -- August 22 1997
- Updated ProfileParser to be in synch with PICSRules spec dated August 28
Version 1.0.0 -- August 22 1997
- Updated ProfileParser to be in synch with PICSRules spec dated August 22
- RejectByURL and AcceptByURL Policy clauses now evaluate correctly when the
URLs do not match any known internet scheme.
- Many classes that were public in version 1.0.0 now have package access
- Extensions in profiles now parse correctly.
15 May 98