- Safety: python is runtime-safe. System safety is in development.
- GUI: several GUIs have been glued into python: X/Motif, Mac Toolbox,
MS Windows MFC, a cross-platform thingy called stdwin, and recently,
Tk. Grail uses Tk.
- concurrency: there are thread packages available, but they're
not entirely stable. Grail doesn't use them.
- Type system: Smalltalkish, with multiple inheritance and some
"primitive" types that can't be subclassed.
- Module System: ala Modula-3. This is a real strength of python
for mobile code: the python developer community has experience using
well-separated modules collaboratively to build systems.
- Exceptions: ala Modula-3.
- FFI: reference counting on objects makes it somewhat painful.
Otherwise, very clean and extensively used.
- RPC: flatten/serialize support in recent releases. ILU
support is straightforward and stable.
- IPR: python is distributed under an MIT/X/Berkeley style copyright.