Chatlog 2009-04-29

From XHTML2
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

13:42:05 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #xhtml
13:42:05 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-xhtml-irc
13:42:07 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public
13:42:07 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #xhtml
13:42:09 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be IA_XHTML2
13:42:09 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see IA_XHTML2()9:45AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
13:42:10 <trackbot> Meeting: XHTML2 Working Group Teleconference
13:42:10 <trackbot> Date - 29 April 2009
13:42:28 <Roland> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2009Apr/0052.html
13:42:33 <Roland> Chair: Roland
13:45:14 <mgylling> I will only be in IRC today, on another concurrent call
13:45:41 <Zakim> IA_XHTML2()9:45AM has now started
13:45:48 <Zakim> +Roland_Merrick
13:46:04 <Roland> Zakim, Roland_Merrick is Roland
13:46:04 <Zakim> +Roland; got it
13:46:57 <ShaneM> ShaneM has joined #xhtml
13:47:41 <Zakim> +McCarron
13:48:14 <Steven> Steven has joined #xhtml
13:48:38 <Steven> zakim, who is here?
13:48:38 <Zakim> On the phone I see Roland, McCarron
13:48:39 <Zakim> On IRC I see Steven, ShaneM, Zakim, RRSAgent, Roland, mgylling, Tina, trackbot
13:49:35 <Steven> zakim, dial stevgen-617
13:49:35 <Zakim> I am sorry, Steven; I do not know a number for stevgen-617
13:49:43 <Steven> zakim, dial steven-617
13:49:43 <Zakim> ok, Steven; the call is being made
13:49:44 <Zakim> +Steven
13:51:31 <Steven> scribe: Steven
13:51:40 <Steven> rrsagent, make minutes
13:51:40 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-xhtml-minutes.html Steven
13:52:04 <Steven> Regrets: Alessio
13:55:24 <Zakim> +Gregory_Rosmaita
13:55:48 <Steven> Topic: Role transition
13:56:03 <Steven> Steven: The transition of role was OK'd yesterday
13:56:16 <Steven> ... for some reason it didn't get copied to chairs or XHTML2
13:56:27 <Steven> ... I'll check with Ralph
13:57:26 <Steven> ... but I assume we can just proceed
13:57:50 <Steven> Topic: 4 PERs
13:58:20 <Steven> Steven: The draft transition announcement has been sent to Comm, and I am waiting for a definitive date, so that we can update the SOTD
13:59:48 <Steven> ACTION: Steven to advance role module to CR
13:59:48 <trackbot> Created ACTION-80 - Advance role module to CR [on Steven Pemberton - due 2009-05-06].
14:00:04 <Steven> ACTION-80 due one week later
14:00:04 <trackbot> ACTION-80 Advance role module to CR due date now one week later
14:00:52 <Steven> Topic: Examples on Wiki
14:01:11 <Steven> Gregory: I have been putting examples on the wiki, and it seems like it should be organised by module
14:01:51 <Steven> ... just to let people know that I have been setting up this way
14:03:05 <ShaneM> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/xhtml2/wiki/XHTML2/i18n
14:06:06 <Steven> Steven: You use Unicode characters instead of the real characters
14:06:26 <Steven> Gregory: I prefer it that way for my accessibility software
14:06:54 <Steven> Steven: You don't need to have separate URLs for the different press releases; that's the point of hreflang (or one of them at least)
14:07:45 <Steven> Topic: Actions
14:07:58 <Roland> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/tracker/actions/pendingreview
14:08:15 <Steven> ACTION-42 closed
14:08:15 <trackbot> ACTION-42 Request CR for role closed
14:08:30 <Steven> Roland: Action 42 closed
14:08:44 <Steven> Steven: I've just given myself the action to progress it to the next stage
14:08:58 <Steven> Roland: Action 47
14:10:53 <Steven> Steven: Addison OKd this
14:11:03 <Steven> action-47 closed
14:11:03 <trackbot> ACTION-47 Reply to Addison with a request for a new attribute name. closed
14:11:50 <Steven> Roland: @ for you Gregory, 58 and 59
14:12:58 <Steven> Gregory: Action is done
14:13:06 <Steven> Roland: We will put it on a future agenda
14:13:36 <Steven> ... put them on the agenda for the future vftf
14:15:15 <Steven> Roland: We'll close both then
14:16:53 <Steven> rrsagent, make minutes
14:16:53 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-xhtml-minutes.html Steven
14:17:34 <Steven> Roland: We need to close and reopen action 31, since we decided to take Access back to last call
14:18:30 <Steven>  ACTION was -  Steven to propose a rephrasing of the about attribute inheritance  
14:18:30 <Steven> rules.
14:18:30 <Steven>   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/04-html-minutes.html#action05]
14:18:42 <Steven> Steven: That's all been done in RDFa
14:18:50 <Steven> ... we only have to refer to that
14:20:32 <Steven>  ACTION was - ShaneM - break Issues 7659 and 7656 into individual issues so can  
14:20:32 <Steven> be addressed  
14:20:32 <Steven>   [recorded in  http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-xhtml-minutes.html#action12]
14:20:39 <Steven> ACTION-64 done
14:20:41 <ShaneM> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2009/ED-curie-20090422/
14:20:46 <Steven> Shane: Action 64 is done
14:20:54 <Steven> ACTION-64 closed
14:20:54 <trackbot> ACTION-64 Change CURIE spec to make the prefix mechanism the responsibility of the host language closed
14:21:30 <Steven> shane: I'm still on action 73; the RDF is tricky, but I'll have it done today
14:21:38 <Steven> Roland: Talking of CURIEs
14:21:48 <Steven> ... there was the guy who wasn't happy
14:22:07 <Steven> ... did we talk to the other RDFa people about sending a comment to OWL?
14:22:45 <Steven> Shane: I sent a request, didn't hear anything back
14:23:00 <Steven> Steven: Is there a call tomorrow?
14:23:02 <Steven> Shane: No
14:23:09 <Steven> Steven: When are the comments due
14:23:20 <Steven> Shane: Sometime yet; only started last week
14:24:27 <Steven> Shane: Oh yes, there is a call this week
14:24:38 <Steven> ... I will be on it
14:25:16 <Steven> Topic: Three missing elements in B. Element prohibitions
14:25:21 <Roland> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2009AprJun/0010.html
14:28:24 <Steven>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2009AprJun/0010.html
14:28:38 <Steven> <!ENTITY % a.content 
14:28:38 <Steven>    "(#PCDATA | %special; | %fontstyle; | %phrase; | %inline.forms; | %misc.inline;)*"> 
14:28:38 <Steven>  
14:28:38 <Steven> <!-- pre uses %Inline excluding img, object, applet, big, small, 
14:28:38 <Steven>      font, or basefont --> 
14:28:38 <Steven>  
14:28:40 <Steven> <!ENTITY % pre.content 
14:28:43 <Steven>    "(#PCDATA | a | %special.basic; | %fontstyle.basic; | %phrase.basic; | 
14:28:44 <Steven>         %inline.forms; | %misc.inline;)*"> 
14:31:03 <Steven> Steven: I have never understood this restriction
14:31:56 <Steven> ... I think of pre as keeping whitespace and newlines, and using a fixed width font
14:32:43 <Steven> ... I'm pretty sure that XHTML2 doesn't have this restriction
14:32:53 <Steven> ... but that's not to the point of this person's comment
14:32:59 <Steven> ... which looks like it is right
14:33:06 <Steven> ... that the DTD and the text disagree
14:34:27 <Steven> Steven: HTML4 says this - <!ENTITY % pre.exclusion "IMG|OBJECT|BIG|SMALL|SUB|SUP">
14:34:49 <Steven> http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/sgml/dtd.html#pre.exclusion
14:36:37 <Steven> Shane; Let's add it to the text, as a clarification
14:36:50 <Steven> ... the DTD is correct
14:36:59 <Steven> ... the text only refers to the strict version
14:38:31 <Steven> Steven: I have already asked for the transition, so I feel a bit shaky about making this change now
14:38:49 <Steven> Roland: Then we put it in the pipeline for the next version, and reply to this guy that he is right
14:40:49 <Steven> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2009/REC-xhtml1-20090320-errata
14:40:59 <Steven> Steven: We can add it there
14:41:32 <Roland> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2009AprJun/0015.html
14:41:50 <Steven> Topic: White space handline in XHTML 1.0
14:42:35 <Steven> Steven: What's up
14:42:44 <Steven> Shane: XML defines our shitespace handling
14:42:48 <Steven> Steven: Right
14:42:57 <Steven> ... so we just have to tell him that
14:43:01 <Steven> s/shite/white
14:43:21 <Steven> Shane: We defer to XML for input and CSS for output
14:43:25 <Steven> Steven: Exactly right
14:43:39 <Steven> Topic: AOB
14:44:25 <Steven> Steven: I'm not here next week
14:44:44 <Steven> ... I'll ping Ralph on the transition
14:44:55 <ShaneM> I have defined a new Container role-properties in the xhtml vocab document.  it contains all of the values directly or indirectly
14:45:51 <Steven> [ADJOURN]
14:46:09 <Zakim> -Roland
14:46:10 <Zakim> -Gregory_Rosmaita
14:46:10 <Zakim> -Steven
14:46:12 <Zakim> -McCarron
14:46:12 <Zakim> IA_XHTML2()9:45AM has ended
14:46:13 <Zakim> Attendees were Roland, McCarron, Steven, Gregory_Rosmaita
14:47:06 <Roland> Roland has left #xhtml
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000139