DRAFT - HTML4 Test Suite: Prologue
This test suite is designed to test a user agent's level of support of HTML4. In general, no special configuration of the HTML4 user agent being tested is necessary, but do note the following:
- Some of the tests require support for ECMAScript 262.
- Some of the tests require support for PNG, GIF and JPG images.
Each page describes a given effect which should be seen. If the results you see do not match the description given, then there is a problem with your browser's HTML4 support.
There are navigation links at the top and bottom of the page that look like the following.
[Previous] [Next] [Section] [Contents] [Specification]
The five links are, respectively:
- [Previous] and [Next] will take you to the previous or next test page, respectively. These allow you to move through the entire test suite a page at a time, going directly from test to test.
- [Section] will take you to the main page for the current section. This link does not appear on main section pages.
- [Contents] will take you to the HTML4 Test Suite's main page.
- [Specification] will take you to the relevant section of the HTML4 specification. This allows you to compare the test statements made on the page to the assertions made in the specification, and also to take advantage of the more detailed explanations found there.