From MultilingualWeb-LT EC Project Wiki
This list contains those data categories with implementation commitments.
NOTE: this page should only be edited by the co-chairs. If you want to change this page (add / delete / modify data categories), issue a call for consensus about your change to the public mailing list, including:
- Pointers to the existing discussions on the mailing list and related issues in tracker
- Implementation commitment by at least two parties
- Example code in HTML5, global and local (both if applicable), and a description how the code should be processed
If there is no disagreement after 5 business days, the co-chairs will update this page, and the editors will add slots for sections in the ITS 2.0 working draft. Note that these sections will still be removed if we don't have a 100% agreed definition and test cases for the data categories by November 2012, that is the "last call" (=feature complete) month.
The deadline for proposals to change this page is 31. Juli 2012.
2 From ITS 1.0
2.1 Reminder: what does it mean to implement ITS: conformance for ITS 1.0 / 2.0 implementations
2.2 Data categories
Note: All ITS 1.0 categories will be included, but we record implementations commitments here anyway.
- Directionality: UL, EN, MOR
- Elements within Text (See local proposal in the ITS 2.0 draft): MOR, EN
- Language Information: Cocomore, UL, EN, Li, DCU, MOR, TCD
- Localization Note: Cocomore, UL, EN, Li, MOR, TCD
- Terminology: UL, EN, TCD
- Translate: Cocomore, UL, EN, Li, DCU, MOR, TCD
3 New in ITS 2.0
3.1 HTML5 support
See the section about HTML5 support.
3.2 Parameter for rules
3.3 Dedicated query language attribute
3.4 Data categories
NOTE: for creating a data category description, please use the word template described here http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Jun/0133.html
4 Use Case Demonstrations
Implementations of ITS must provide their conformance against individual feature conformance tests associated with each data category by successfully demonstrating the generation of conformant output from specified input as provided in the ITS2.0 Test Suite, the development of which is tracked under Test Suite Development.
However, because conformance testing is under taken feature by feature is is difficult to draw a good understanding of the overall utility of implementing ITS and the resulting business benefits. For this reason we also track here the development of Use Case Demonstrations. These allow several ITS data categories and their features to be combined in a demonstration of specific business-relevant functionality. These demonstrations will involve implementations that have already achieved conformance with ITS through the test suit, but which may function to produce different output formats relevant to various internationalization and localization functions. The may involve complementary ITS implementations operating in concert. the WG aims to provide a common documentation format for publicly recording these use case demonstrations and thereby publicizing the business advantages of implementing ITS and promoting the widespread uptake of the recommendation.
Initial Use Case Demonstrations are documented below:
- Simple Segment Machine Translation Use Case Demonstration
- CMS – Localization Chain Integration Use Case Demonstration
- Online MT Systems - Use Case Demonstration
- Translation Quality data Integration with RDF standoff provenance data
- CMS Vendor-Neutral External ITS Rules and Readiness Signalling
- XLIFF MT Roundtrip Value Chain Workflow