From MultilingualWeb-LT EC Project Wiki
|Name||Attending dinner on 23rd||Attending dinner on 24th||Special food needs (vegetarian/vegan/etc.)|
|Jirka Kosek (UEP, host)||Yes||Yes|
|Arle Lommel (DFKI)||Yes||no (need to leave just after meeting)||Good food required|
|Yves Savourel (ENLASO)||Yes||No (another meeting)|
|David Filip (UL)||Yes||Yes||bacontarian :-)|
|Phil Ritchie (VistaTEC)||No||No||Cannot attend at Prague but maybe dial-in some.|
|Milan Karasek (Moravia)||Yes||No|
|Felix Sasaki (DFKI/W3C Fellow)||Yes||no (need to leave just after meeting)|
|Ankit Srivastava (DCU)||Yes||Yes|
|Karl Fritsche (Cocomore)||Yes||Yes|
|Naoto Nishio (UL)||No||No|
|Mauricio del Olmo(Linguaserve)||Yes||Yes|
|Pablo Nieto (Linguaserve)||Yes||Yes|
|Mārcis Pinnis (Tilde)||Yes||Yes|
|Thomas Rüdesheim (Lucy Software)||Yes||Yes|
|David Lewis (TCD)||Yes||Yes|
|Leroy Finn (TCD)||Yes||Yes|
|Tadej Štajner (JSI)||Yes||No|
|Stephan Walter (Cocomore)||Yes||Yes|
- Christian Lieske (SAP) for a call 23 January, 10-11 a.m. CET
- Pedro L. Díez Orzas (Linguaserve), 23 January, 2-3 p.m. CET
We will use the regular gotomeeting bridge , see dial in info
- Dates: 23-24 January 2013
- Location: University of Economics, W. Churchill sq. 4, Prague 3, Czech Republic
- Host: UEP
- Emergency contact (Jirka): +420 604 924 664
- Go to http://irc.w3.org/
- Enter your user name and the channel #mlw-lt
- We will use IRC for discussions with external participants and for scribing
- Phone bridge: We have reserved a zakim bridge. Depending on how many people dial in we may just use Skype.
University of Economics
Local form of address:
Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze nám. W. Churchilla 4 130 67 Praha 3
English form of address:
University of Economics in Prague W. Churchill square no. 4 Prague 3
The closest metro stations are Hlavní Nádraží (line C) and Náměstí republiky (line B). You can walk from those stations — it is about 15 minutes walk — or you can use tram #5, #9 and #26 and exit at Husinecká station (it is the first stop from Hlavní nádraží and the second stop from Náměstí republiky).
Room RB336 is located in so called “Paradisiac Building” (Rajská budova) on the floor number 3.
It is very easy to get to this room. Stand in front of Churchill’s statue and look in the same direction as Winston. Then turn to the right. You will see few stairs and entrance into the university. But you will not use this entrance. Instead you will walk around this building from the left. You should pass by crossbar for cars and then go straight to the entry into the “New Building” (Nová budova). Pass wall and lifts from the right side. In front of you you will see wide corridor with glass roof. Go through it and turn to the left before stairs. Take lift to floor number 3 (press number 3 in the lift). Leave the lift. Go through the glass doors and then go to the right. The room RB336 is just around the corner.
If you get lost try to follow signs of university navigation system or call Jirka at +420 604 924 664.
4 Travel Information
Prague international airport Ruzyně (PRG) is located about 20 km from the city centre. Depending on traffic it generally takes 30 to 60 minutes to go there:
- By taxi -- The most comfortable method to reach the city will cost about 700 CZK (24 Euro)
- By Airport Express buses -- They operate every 30 minutes. The first one leaves the airport at 4:40am, the last one at 9:10pm. The price is 45 CZK per person and the tickets are available at the driver. They will take you to the metro station Holešovice (metro line C).
- By Cedaz buses -- These buses operate from 5:30am to 9:30pm every 30 minutes. They will take you to the metro station Dejvická (metro line A) or to the city centre to the metro station Namesti Republiky (metro line B). The fare is 90 CZK per person.
- By city bus and subway -- Bus #119 takes you to the metro station Dejvická (metro line A), bus #100 brings you to the metro station Zličín (metro line B). These public transport buses operate every 8-20 minutes (depending on working days/weekend and hour) and single ticket costs only 26 CZK and you can use it later when changing to subway, other bus line or tram. Tickets are available in vending machines.
Prague metro info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Metro
Prague has two international train stations: Hlavní Nádraží (central station, abbreviated Praha hl.n., connection by metro line C); and Praha-Holešovice (Holešovice station, connection by metro line C). Eurocity trains connect Prague to Berlin (5 1/2 hours), Vienna (4 1/2 hours) and Budapest (6 1/2 hours).
4.3 Traveling in Prague
Prague has quite good public transport system which is very cheap (see rates information). For your purposes the most convenient way will be to buy 3 or 5 day ticket. The 5 day ticket costs 500 CZK (19 €), 3 day only is for 330 CZK (13 €). You can buy this ticket in offices that are located on several metro stations, including stations Dejvická and Zličín to which buses from airport are coming. You have to mark this ticket on its first usage.
Pages with links to various accommodation offers:
Some hotels in the vicinity of VŠE:
- Hotel Alfa, Milíčova 415/5, Praha 3 (free WiFi access) – MSMQ found the Hotel Alfa very comfortable and convenient on both his visits to Prague
- Hotel Ariston, Seifertova 65, Praha 3 (WiFi only in lobby for €1 per 15 minutes)
- Hotel Ariston Patio, Seifertova 22, Praha 3 (WiFi only in lobby for €1 per 15 minutes)
- Hotel Olšanka, larger hotel with pool and gym (paid WiFi access €3.5/hour)
- Hotel Dalimil, Prokopovo nám. 2-3, 130 00 Praha 3, (15mn walk from VŠE, free WiFi in room, breakfast included)
If you are looking for traditional business-class hotels, these are very easily reachable from meeting place:
- Prague Marriot Hotel, V Celnici 1028/8, Praha 1
- Boscolo Carlo IV., Senovážné náměstí 991/13
- Hotel Palace Praha, Panská 897/12, Praha 1
- Handling of last call comments, see comment list
- Formulate answers
- If changes needed are small, edit them directly in spec
- Preparation needed: look at the last call comment list, have an opinion on the comments
- Test suite check
- Github howto (short) and q/a opportunity
- Latest state at test suite dashboard
- For implementers to prepare: bring your problems to Prague and check whether you will be able to reach M3 at the end of January (test files completely run). NOTE: last call comments may lead to changes in the spec. So you need to reserve implementers time later this year also to finalize the testing
- Preparation needed: run all kinds of tests (global, local, HTML linked rules vs. in script vs. both, ...) and bring your open problems to the meeting
- XML prague preparation. Preparation needed for the people attending XML Prague:
- People or organizations attending XML Prague: what will you showcase, how long will it take, does it relate to other showcases?
- Rome preparation, including input to overview
- Review of your poster + plannings. Goal: trying to build in relations between your contributions to the lunch time showcase. See snapshot of list of contributions.
- Download link or other kind of public link to your implementation: what will you provide by the Rome workshop?
- Preparation needed: create a rough idea of the poster content and potential links, be able to present it in max. 5 min., so that people can comment in it.
- Update "your" implementation descriptions listed at use cases - high level summary before the f2f and be prepared to give a short update on them during the f2f.
- Brain storming about the rest of the year.
- Implementation work
- Data and examples related to ITS2
- Other (upcoming) initiatives
- Preparation needed: come up with ideas :)
- 9:00 Start of the meeting: handling of last call comments. All: for this session please be prepared to have a suggestion for resolving your comment, see sheperds assignment from the 21 January call.
- 10:00 - 11:00 call with Christian, including issue-68 (disambiguation and term) issue-75 (domain)
- 11:00 Break
- Continuation: handling of last call comments
- 13:30 Lunch
- 14:30 Handling of last call comments again. Dial in from Pedro 14:30-15 hours, discussing also f2f schedule
- 16:00 Break
- 16:30 Test suite check, including gitub howto and q/a opportunity
- 17:00 Items not addressed in ITS2 - see Requirements document and tracker product 9. Goal: fill tracker with issues that we won't address in ITS2.
- 18:30 Adjourn
19:00 Dinner at Cefé Imperial http://www.cafeimperial.cz/en/contacts
- Na Poříčí 15, 110 00 Praha 1
- Menu: http://www.cafeimperial.cz/en/food
- To be added:
- Issue and action item review
- DoW to-be-done review
- 9:00 missed comments
- 9:30 XML prague and Rome preparation
- 10:30 Break
- 11:00 disambiguation and term discussion
- 12:00 Implementers break out
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Brain storming about the rest of the year and the time after
- 15:30 Break
- 16:00 Bits of best practices health check
- 17:00 Adjourn
18:30 Dinner at Čestr
- http://cestr.ambi.cz/en/ Legerova 75/57, Praha 1