XLIFF Extraction and Merging
A very early prototype for XLIFF generation and roundtripping of a translated XLIFF file to the original XML has been created:
- input document
- input document decorated with ITS Translate information
- XLIFF file generated via http://www.w3.org/International/its/its-translate-decorator/its-decorated-to-xliff.xsl
- a translated file (the roundtripping result) generated via http://www.w3.org/International/its/its-translate-decorator/xliff-back-to-xml.xsl
The whole process is described in this Ant build file.
Note: The XLIFF generation and roundtripping currently creates separate XLIFF trans-unit elements for each translatable element that has textual content. Nested elements are not taken into account yet.
Example usage for OOXML documents
There is also an example file for converting OOXML to XLIFF:
See the build file for the generation process. Note that for using this chain you need to unzip the OOXML file.
Possible further agenda
- Refinement of existing roundtrip (e.g. related to XLIFF flavour - with/without internal skeleton file)
- Testing with other XSLT 2.0 implementations?
- Implementation in XSLT 1.0 - any volunteers?