This page provides a checklist for reviewing translations prior to sending to Richard Ishida/publication. Thanks for your help!
Check the following:
- you have edited your file in utf-8
- you have removed any byte-order mark (see The byte-order mark (BOM) in HTML).
- http://www.w3.org/International should usually be /International
- .html should usually be nothing for links to the w3c site, except where there is a language extension (ie. xxx.en.html is correct).
- image src attributes in the content link to images in the images directory
- Correct assignments have been made in the PHP at the top of the page for: $clang, $isTranslation, $copyrightYear, $thisVersion, $translators, $enVersion, etc.
- None of the PHP code has been disturbed
- keywords and description are translated and have right language attrs, if needed
- invisible text is translated, especially alt and title attribute text
- there are no inappropriate "xxx" sequences
- check there is no other untranslated text
Ensure that the file validates as HTML before returning it. Because this is a PHP file, you will need to validate the HTML in the following way:
- Copy the source text of the entire file into the box at HTML validation
- Important: Remove the following:
- the initial PHP block of code (ie. from the first line that says <?php to the line with ?> just before the DOCTYPE)
- the following code from the <html> tag:
<?php echo "lang='$clang' xml:lang='$clang'";?>
- Click on "Check"
- If the result isn't valid, please fix the code and check again.