Chapel Hill, NC SVG F2F Meeting, 8-12 June 2009
The SVG Chapel Hill F2F meeting will take place at the Doug Schepers' house. Wireless network connectivity and phone service will be made available. The address is 601 Caswell Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27514.
The meeting dates are one week after the CSS WG F2F in Sophia-Antipolis, and it is expected that we will follow up on coordination issues discussed at that meeting.
- ISSUE-2042 Consider adding non-NS linking syntax
- SVG 1.1 Second Edition
- Spec module updates
- New DOM syntax
- Discuss http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/REC-SVG11-20030114-errata.html#container-element-rewording
- Discuss http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/REC-SVG11-20030114-errata.html#mention-live-values
Please answer the Chapel Hill F2F 2009 registration form before Monday 2 June 2008.
Here is a Google Maps search for nearby hotels.
The two nearest hotels are:
- Siena Hotel: nice but pricey, $164/night, free wifi
- Chapel Hill InnTown (furnished condominiums): $110/night for a double, $85/night for a single, +$5/night for wifi
More details on on hotels and tourism information on Chapel Hill, North Carolina will be posted soon.
The local airport is the Raleigh-Durham International Airport, with the airport code RDU. This airport is approximately 30 minutes from Doug's house by car, in good traffic.
Chapel Hill has a fairly good public transport system. Buses within the town are free, and buses to and from other cities and the airport (TTA buses) are reasonably priced, though are intended for normal work hours. Arrangements can be made with Doug for rides to and from the airport.
Cars can be rented fairly cheaply online beforehand, but will be much more expensive on the spot; if you intend to drive, reserve a car in advance.
Currency is US Dollars. 1 USD approximately equals 0.79 EUR and 1.57 AUD. See currency converter for current conversion rates.
Free wifi is common in hotels and homes, as well as coffee shops, some restaurants, and other public places.
Mostly Mexican. There are plenty of nearby restaurants of various types, though we may need to coordinate transportation to get there.