WebFonts Working Group
- 2012-November: Fourth face to face meeting
- A meeting was held at TPAC 2012 in Lyon.
Besides wrapping up work on WOFF 1.0, new work on a WOFF 2.0 proposal began. This will offer improved compression
- WOFF 1.0 is now a Proposed Recommendation.
All tests are passed by at least two implementations.
- 2012-April-12: 99% coverage
- The WOFF user agent tests now have 1 failure out of 291 tests (99.6% pass rate).
- 2012-February-23: 95% coverage
- The WOFF user agent tests now have 14 failures out of 291 tests (95% pass rate). Validator and authoring tests have 100% coverage.
- 2011-September-13: Third face to face meeting
- The WebFonts WG met in Reykjavík, Iceland, co-hosted with the ATypI
- 2011-August-04: Candidate Recommendation
- The WOFF specification moved to Candidate
Recommendation. Implementation testing is in progress.
- 2010-Nov-16: Last Call
- The WOFF specification moved to Last
- 2010-November-4-5: Second face to face meeting
- The WebFonts WG is meeting at TPAC in Lyon, and expects to issue a
Last call of the WOFF specification soon thereafter.
- 2010-August-17: First face to face meeting
- The WebFonts WG has used phone, email and IRC to meet thus far; the
first actual face to face meeting was on 17 August in Los Angeles,
co-located with TypeCon 2010. The
WG also took part in a panel discussion at the conference.
- 2010-July-27: First Public Working Draft
- The First Public
Working Draft of the WOFF specification was published. This
includes some corrections and clarifications, relative to the
Submission. An appendix gives some real-world examples of WOFF metadata
as used by foundries.
- 2010-April-19: WOFF Submission
- The WOFF File Format
1.0 Submission was published. The Submission was made by Microsoft
Corporation, Mozilla Foundation and Opera Software ASA, all of whom are
members of the WebFonts WG.
- 2010-March: New Public Working Group
In March 2010, the WebFonts Working Group was chartered
as a public group, part of the Fonts Activity.
Join this group
Feedback to this group may be sent to the public mailing list email@example.com
This group will post minutes to, and primarily conduct its technical work
on, the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a list of participants
in the WebFonts WG, and any patent
disclosures related to this group (currently empty).
The group has a tracker for
issues and actions. You can also read the work
plan on the Fonts WG Wiki.
The group has weekly phone
conferences on Wednesdays, alternating between an early and a late
time. Minutes are posted to the public
Editors draft of WOFF
specification reflects work in progress. It may have more recent
changes, compared to the most recent
WOFF has three test suites:
In each case, the 'documentation' field links to the specific testable
assertion in the specification.
Chris Lilley, Fonts Activity Lead
$Id: Overview.html,v 1.23 2012-12-12 15:57:11 clilley Exp $