Excerpted From Things
to Say When You're Losing a Technical Argument
2001-01-05 16:42:57. By Mr. Bad
- That won't scale.
- That's been proven to be O(N^2) and we need a solution that's O(NlogN).
- There are, of course, various export limitations on that technology.
- The syntax is idiosyncratic.
- Unfortunately, the license would contaminate our standard.
- What? I don't speak your crazy moon-language.
- I don't think that's altogether clear. Please write it up in UML for me.
- Can you generate some USE CASES that would justify the change?
- It would probably be best if we deferred that until version 2.0.
- You've obviously ignored the various namespace issues.
- I don't think you're considering the performance trade-offs.
- Let's table this for now, and we'll talk about it one-on-one off-line.
- We need something that my mom can use.
- OK, but what about internationalization?
- Yes, but we're standardizing on XML.