Coordinators: Roy T. Fielding and
Link Relationship Model and Syntax
This page is for planning a birds-of-a-feather meeting for the
on the topic of the World-Wide Web's link relationship model (the semantics
that can be associated with a hypermedia link) and the syntax for
describing link relationships in HTML (via the Link and A elements) and
in HTTP (via the Link header field).
Issues to discuss include:
WWW4 Birds of a Feather Sessions.
- How to define anchors within a resource without changing the resource?
- Should the URI syntax for fragments be used to specify anchors?
- Should we be registering fragment syntax with Internet media types?
- What semantics other than traversal are needed, and how to
- What relationship names need to be standardized?
- Given the above, what should the syntax be for HTML and HTTP?