Welcome to Arena beta-1
Arena beta-1 is a prerelease that comes with bugs and
shortcomings. Its primary purpose is to be a testbed browser for
HTML3, style sheets and the W3C library of common code. Binaries for
beta-1e are only available for a limited
selection of platforms at this point, but source
code is available if you want to compile for yourself.
Prerelease beta-2 is now available
Arena beta-1 reimplements the style sheet mechanism according to the Working Draft of Cascading Style Sheets. The
implementation is not yet
complete, but coming along nicely.
- A very experimental style sheet editor has been implemented using forms.
- Arena now supports the new PNG graphics format (Thanks to Dave Beckett (D.J.Beckett@ukc.ac.uk) who is responsible for all PNG code in Arena!) More PNG images
- 16-bit support (Thanks to Greg Roelofs (firstname.lastname@example.org)!)
- Button 2 shows the URL of the targeted document.
- History popup menu on button 3. (Thanks to Janet Boltjes!)
- Correct handling of HTML comments (Thanks to Michael Van Biesbrouck (email@example.com)!)
- A new command line option to use own colormap: arena -cm.
- beta-1a released.
- beta-1b released.
- beta-1c released.
- beta-1d released.
- beta-1e released.
Lots of bugs have been fixed, many new ones have been added:
- inline images use the "sandy" background instead of the document's
- forms are starting to work better.