Welcome to Arena 0.98
Arena 0.98 is a prerelease that comes with bugs and
shortcomings. Its primary purpose is to be a testbed browser for
HTML3, style sheets and the W3C library of common code. 0.98h Binaries are only available for a limited
selection of platforms.
Arena0.98f for NeXT is available here.
0.98 reimplements the style sheet mechanism according to the August 10 draft of
Cascading Style Sheets. The implementation is not yet complete
Other style sheet links include:
- From 0.98e, forms are starting to work. A very experimental style sheet editor has been
implemented using forms.
- Arena now supports the new PNG graphics format (Thanks to Dave Beckett (D.J.Beckett@ukc.ac.uk) who is responsible for all PNG code in Arena!) More PNG images
- History popup menu on button 3. (Thanks to Janet Boltjes!)
- Correct handling of HTML comments (Thanks to Michael Van Biesbrouck (firstname.lastname@example.org)!)
- A new command line option to use own colormap: arena -cm.
- 0.98a released.
- 0.98b released. Only Sun and HP platform supported so
far. Bugs in inheritance mechanism fixed. Trouble with shared libraries.
- 0.98c released. HR element now rendered in
"3D" by default. Library flags fixed. Less verbose color output. Small
bug in font selection mechanism fixed.
- 0.98e released for sun and hp. Abort button works, PNG
support upgraded, Forms are starting to work. Centering now works for small-caps elements
- 0.98f released for sun, hp, sgi and linux. Fixed
memory leak in PNG support and added PNG file recognition.
- 0.98g released for sun and linux. Support for
background images added.
- 0.98h released for sun and linux. Leading, indent and background images for tables added.
Lots of bugs have been fixed, many new ones have been added:
- entitites are not handled correctly in elements that have style
sheet transformations (e.g. font-style = small-caps)
- inline images use the "sandy" background instead of the document's
- color dithering does not work well with private color map
- images appear reddish
- you can write tables that will crash arena ( < 0.98h )
- forms are starting to work, but anything that requires a text editor doesn't.