WELCOME TO ARENA 0.97
Prerelease 0.97 of Arena has bugs and
shortcomings, and its primary purpose is to be a testbed browser for
HTML3 and style sheets. Set your expectations accordingly.
available for several platforms. The last version is 0.97h.
STYLE SHEET LINKS
0.97 extends the Arena style sheet implemetation, and we're seeing the
outline of a style sheet language.
- 0.97d released. It fixes a number of fatal bugs,
removes some mem-leaks, and supports the BASE tag. Stylesheet
mechanism reimplemented and extended. Ctrl-U clears the
character input field.
- 0.97e released. Support for hierarchical contexts when
addressing elements in style sheets. Support for color names
(e.g. "red") in addition to hexadecimal specifications. Changed font
size of html source.
- 0.97f released. Support for WIDTH and HEIGHT in IMG and
FIG. Less jumpy. Some improvements in the status messages.
- 0.97g released. Extended math support. Experimental
support for style sheet control of environment properties. Significant
performance increases. A few new "stylish" bugs. Also, text/plain
doesn't work properly.
- 0.97h released. Mostly a bug fix release: text/plain
fixed, history list deletion fixed, picture alignement improved, HTML
comments better handled
In addition to the bugs in 0.96s, 0.97e adds the following:
If you want to report a bug, please send the mail to
email@example.com. Older versions of arena print out a defunct
mailing addres when exited.
- file urls are displayed as text/plain if no extension is given
- font sizes in forms are random (and, yes forms don't work!)
- reloading the initial page with a style sheet attached sometimes
leaves the page without a stylesheet.
- if a style sheet comes in while in html source mode, the font
- subclasssing the Anchor element does not work
- color.background should be supported as an alias for back.color
- a P element within a DD will upset the style definition of
- the stylesheet mechanism is not yet fully in charge of table
formatting. Rainbow table borders may be a result
- The initial document has to be of type text/html