IRC log of apa on 2017-10-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:45:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #apa
15:45:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:45:35 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:45:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #apa
15:45:37 [trackbot]
Meeting: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
15:45:37 [trackbot]
Date: 18 October 2017
15:45:44 [janina]
15:47:26 [janina]
agenda+ preview agenda with items from two minutes
15:47:26 [janina]
agenda+ TPAC 2017
15:47:26 [janina]
agenda+ CSS A11y TF
15:47:26 [janina]
agenda+ Actions Checkin (Specs)
15:47:27 [janina]
agenda+ new on TR
15:47:28 [janina]
agenda+ Other Business
15:47:31 [janina]
agenda+ next and future meetings
15:47:33 [janina]
agenda+ be done
16:01:42 [JF]
JF has joined #apa
16:02:04 [Gottfried]
Gottfried has joined #apa
16:03:13 [JF]
scribe: JF
16:03:17 [janina]
16:03:18 [JF]
16:03:22 [janina]
chair: janina
16:03:27 [janina]
regrets: leonie
16:03:33 [JF]
zakim, who is here?
16:03:33 [Zakim]
Present: janina
16:03:34 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Gottfried, JF, Zakim, RRSAgent, Roy, florian, Rossen, MichielBijl, janina, MichaelC, slightlyoff, joanie, ShaneM, trackbot
16:03:34 [janina]
zakim, next item
16:03:34 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "preview agenda with items from two minutes" taken up [from janina]
16:04:07 [JF]
JS: any news or tweaks to the agenda for today?
16:04:20 [joanie]
present+ Joanmarie_Diggs
16:04:35 [Roy]
present+ Roy
16:04:55 [Gottfried]
16:05:58 [JF]
agneda is minimal today, as we've loaded up things iin the past.
16:06:05 [JF]
JS: Any General news?
16:06:45 [JF]
Gottfried: we should plan to present results of the MOOC partnership I was involved with
16:06:55 [JF]
lots of good results, it was a valuable exercise
16:07:02 [JF]
lots of open source resources emerged
16:07:31 [Gottfried]
Running right now on FutureLearn:
16:08:23 [JF]
example is an introductory course - not too technical but rather a basic Accessibility 101 focussing on users and their AT
16:08:40 [JF]
There are other courses that do deeper dives on specific topics
16:09:00 [JF]
JS: Asking if we could do this at TPAC?
16:09:14 [JF]
Gottfried: Wont' be there. Proposae sending out an email
16:09:29 [JF]
s/Proposae /Propose
16:09:39 [JF]
JS: may also be relvant to EO WG
16:10:26 [JF]
JS: one of our larger APA issues is understanding how all of this fit in. What is the relationship with mobile? What is the Architecture we're trying to build out?
16:10:58 [JF]
JS: tracking these thoughts back to other action items (i.e. Permissions spec. etc.)
16:11:21 [JF]
JS: HOw do we structure and present that conversation? No specific ideas, but we should be thinking about this
16:11:40 [janina]
zakim, next item
16:11:40 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "TPAC 2017" taken up [from janina]
16:12:30 [JF]
JS: Looking at a draft agenda. Some changes to come based upon availability and who will be attending TPAC
16:13:50 [JF]
Review of current draft agenda(s)
16:14:14 [JF]
Draft agenda to be posted soon - M. Cooper to advise group via email
16:14:50 [JF]
JS: thee seems to be 4 joint meetings in the pipeline already
16:14:56 [JF]
16:15:35 [JF]
JS: still looking to coordinate meetings outside of the APA timeslots - in particular the Web Payments folks (Authentication API)
16:16:11 [JF]
JB: We can work something out, given that ARIA WG will attend the joint meeting with CSS
16:16:38 [JF]
JB: Janina and Joanie should coordinate more
16:16:56 [janina]
zakim, next item
16:16:56 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "CSS A11y TF" taken up [from janina]
16:16:58 [JF]
JS: Also want to find a time-slot to accomodate Western Australia remote attendee
16:17:01 [joanie]
16:17:13 [janina]
zakim, close this item
16:17:13 [Zakim]
agendum 3 closed
16:17:15 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:17:15 [Zakim]
4. Actions Checkin (Specs) [from janina]
16:17:16 [janina]
zakim, next item
16:17:16 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Actions Checkin (Specs)" taken up [from janina]
16:18:06 [JF]
16:18:21 [Gottfried]
16:18:21 [trackbot]
action-2151 -- Janina Sajka to Review permissions -- due 2017-10-18 -- OPEN
16:18:21 [trackbot]
16:19:06 [JF]
MC: so, leave open for now? Janina has more effort to apply
16:19:32 [JF]
Gottfried: there is a new initiative under way that uses metadata for permissions
16:19:41 [JF]
JS: that sounds interesting
16:19:56 [JF]
Gottfried: this is not yet public, so will need to share privately for now
16:20:33 [JF]
16:20:33 [trackbot]
action-2131 -- Michael Cooper to Ask webappsec if csp is meant to block bookmarklets, and raise issue of a11y scripts that users explicitly request (not xss) -- due 2017-05-17 -- OPEN
16:20:33 [trackbot]
16:20:45 [JF]
MC: getting stale but should remain open
16:21:12 [JF]
MC: some items related to Shadow DOM on Shane... also getting dated/stale
16:21:20 [JF]
JS: anyone else able to take this up?
16:21:45 [JF]
JS: leave for now.
16:22:47 [JF]
16:22:47 [trackbot]
action-2038 -- Michael Cooper to Raise [ credential management level 1] for re-review -- due 2017-09-22 -- OPEN
16:22:47 [trackbot]
16:23:12 [JF]
MC: this is a placeholder - to revisit if we need to do more review
16:23:20 [JF]
MC: checking notes
16:23:21 [MichaelC]
16:23:48 [JF]
MC: Fred reviewed this about 18 months ago - recommended we come back to it at a later date
16:24:03 [JF]
MC: tossed to COGA TF (but suspect it didn't happen)
16:25:18 [JF]
JS: we have two specs that COGA should review - we should coordinate this with that group
16:25:41 [JF]
JS: COGA should be more involved with APA's Spec Reviews
16:26:00 [JF]
MC: have a collector page for specs that require COGA review
16:26:03 [MichaelC]
16:26:14 [JF]
MC: we should point COGA to that page
16:27:01 [MichaelC]
action-2038 due 4 months
16:27:01 [trackbot]
Set action-2038 Raise [ credential management level 1] for re-review due date to 2018-02-18.
16:27:02 [JF]
JS: bump this forward 4 months and revisit then
16:27:21 [janina]
zakim, next item
16:27:21 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "new on TR" taken up [from janina]
16:27:35 [JF]
MC: two that we should look at
16:27:41 [MichaelC]
-> TTML Profiles for Internet Media Subtitles and Captions 1.1
16:28:43 [JF]
Gottfried: I can look at this, but will need some time (3 weeks)
16:29:09 [MichaelC]
action: gottfried to review TTML Profiles for Internet Media Subtitles and Captions 1.1
16:29:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2152 - Review ttml profiles for internet media subtitles and captions 1.1 [on Gottfried Zimmermann - due 2017-10-25].
16:29:28 [MichaelC]
16:29:28 [trackbot]
Notes added to action-2152 Review ttml profiles for internet media subtitles and captions 1.1
16:29:51 [MichaelC]
action-2152 due 3 weeks
16:29:51 [trackbot]
Set action-2152 Review ttml profiles for internet media subtitles and captions 1.1 due date to 2017-11-08.
16:30:03 [MichaelC]
action-2152 due 4 weeks
16:30:03 [trackbot]
Set action-2152 Review ttml profiles for internet media subtitles and captions 1.1 due date to 2017-11-15.
16:31:23 [JF]
[Discussion around meetings this fall, working around TPAC, US Thanksgiving, etc.]
16:32:17 [JF]
MC: we were tracking previous versions of the TTML spec. MC to update links (etc.)
16:32:18 [MichaelC]
-> CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3
16:33:18 [JF]
MC: currently at CR, but it languished for almost 3 years, and then advanced to CR recently. Last time they tried to advance this, APA blocked advancement due to issues
16:33:27 [JF]
MC: not clear now if those issues have been addressed
16:34:18 [JF]
JS: This was a public review announcement
16:35:16 [JF]
MC: looks like we didn't object to the 2014 CR, so perhaps we have nothing more to add (??)
16:35:48 [JF]
JS: refer to CSS/a11y TF
16:36:11 [JF]
MC: not sure how active this is, but we should at least double-check
16:36:46 [janina]
zakim, next item
16:36:46 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Other Business" taken up [from janina]
16:36:57 [janina]
scribe: janina
16:37:02 [JF]
WCAG 2.1 Working Draft for SC 2.6.2 - Orientation (
16:37:17 [janina]
jf: AGWG discussion of SC for WCAG 2.1 on screen orientation
16:37:47 [janina]
jf: Use case is mounted screen on a wheel chair
16:37:48 [JF]
Screen Orientation API Working Draft (
16:38:20 [janina]
jf: Nothing in the Orientation API on issues created by locking down orientation
16:39:47 [janina]
js: Isn't lock concern handled by OS? A desire to keep a orientation can be locked down by OS setting
16:47:48 [JF]
Last Editor's Draft was may 2017:
16:48:20 [JF]
ACTION: JF to review and draft a warning note for Orienation API Spec, for APA review
16:48:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2153 - Review and draft a warning note for orienation api spec, for apa review [on John Foliot - due 2017-10-25].
16:48:45 [JF]
scribe: JF
16:48:59 [JF]
JS: with no other business, we can adjorne
16:49:35 [JF]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:49:42 [JF]
trackbot, end meeting
16:49:42 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
16:49:42 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, Roy, Gottfried
16:49:50 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
16:49:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate trackbot
16:49:51 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
16:49:51 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in :
16:49:51 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: gottfried to review TTML Profiles for Internet Media Subtitles and Captions 1.1 [1]
16:49:51 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
16:49:51 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JF to review and draft a warning note for Orienation API Spec, for APA review [2]
16:49:51 [RRSAgent]
recorded in