IRC log of forms on 2017-10-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:04:45 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #forms
12:04:45 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/10/04-forms-irc
12:04:47 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:04:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #forms
12:04:49 [trackbot]
Meeting: XForms Users Community Group Teleconference
12:04:49 [trackbot]
Date: 04 October 2017
12:05:03 [Steven]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2017Oct/0002
12:05:10 [Steven]
Steven has changed the topic to: Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2017Oct/0002
12:05:15 [Steven]
Chair: Steven
12:58:41 [alain]
alain has joined #forms
13:01:36 [Steven]
Present: Alain, Erik, Philip, Steven
13:01:50 [Steven]
Topic: Call next week
13:01:59 [Steven]
http://plugfest.opendocumentformat.org/2017-rome/
13:02:47 [Steven]
Steven: I am chairing that, so no call next week.
13:02:58 [Steven]
ACTION-2140 - Check google library for support of extension numbers in
13:02:58 [Steven]
telephone numbers
13:02:58 [Steven]
https://www.w3.org/2017/09/20-forms-minutes.html#action01
13:03:07 [Steven]
Erik: I sent a message
13:03:36 [ebruchez]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2017Oct/0000.html
13:04:07 [Steven]
Erik: Still to do
13:04:20 [Steven]
Topic: Dynamic dependencies
13:04:20 [Steven]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2017Mar/0012
13:04:20 [Steven]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2017Oct/0000
13:04:30 [Steven]
Erik: I reread the section
13:05:20 [Steven]
... the thing I was suggesting was an example that demonstrates the problem.
13:05:50 [pfennell]
pfennell has joined #forms
13:06:47 [Steven]
... the key role is the tree of binds pointing to things,
13:07:42 [Steven]
... the example with capitals is one we could use to illustrate the problem.
13:07:56 [Steven]
... my example is not entirely realistic.
13:08:04 [Steven]
... setvalue isa bit contrived
13:08:09 [Steven]
s/isa/is a/
13:09:35 [Steven]
Steven: I'd be happy with a better example if you can come up with one.
13:10:29 [Steven]
Erik: THe problem definitely occurs. THe trick is to find a realistic example.
13:10:35 [Steven]
s/TH/Th/
13:10:39 [Steven]
s/TH/Th/
13:11:30 [Steven]
Erik: The text should make it very clear.
13:11:51 [Steven]
Steven: WIll it be hard to find a realistic example?
13:11:59 [Steven]
Erik: I need to think a little more.
13:13:12 [Steven]
Steven: Let's discuss again in two weeks again.
13:13:37 [Steven]
Topic: setvalue on a nodeset
13:13:43 [Steven]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2017Sep/0056.html
13:15:08 [Steven]
Steven: As Erik points out, there is a way using @iterate
13:15:36 [Steven]
... there is a backwards compatibility issue if we just change setvalue now
13:15:48 [Steven]
Steven: Leave as is?
13:15:54 [Steven]
Erik: Include an example!
13:16:10 [Steven]
ACTION: Steven to include an example with setvalue iterate.
13:16:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2141 - Include an example with setvalue iterate. [on Steven Pemberton - due 2017-10-11].
13:16:27 [Steven]
Topic: Alert MIP Proposal
13:16:27 [Steven]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2017Oct/0001
13:18:48 [Steven]
Steven: While thinking about adding alert to the model, it struck me that alert is part of a greater group, and why not the others, label, hint, etc.
13:19:39 [Steven]
Steven: This has a lot of stuff to think about so maybe it's better if you go off and read it and we discuss next time.
13:19:54 [Steven]
Erik: Are multiple constraints already in XForms 2?
13:19:56 [Steven]
Steven: Yes
13:20:08 [Steven]
Steven: I'll put it on the agneda for next time.
13:20:15 [Steven]
Topic: AOB
13:20:53 [Steven]
Steven: XML Prague call is coming soon. I plan to submit.
13:20:58 [Steven]
[ADJOURN]
13:21:21 [Steven]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:21:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/10/04-forms-minutes.html Steven
15:05:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #forms
15:45:26 [ebruchez]
ebruchez has joined #forms