IRC log of coga on 2017-08-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:38:28 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
13:38:28 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/08/03-coga-irc
13:38:37 [lisa]
zakim, this will be WAI_CogTF
13:38:37 [Zakim]
ok, lisa
13:38:50 [lisa]
regrets: E.A. Draffan,
13:39:03 [lisa]
regrets: E.A. Draffan, John Rochford
13:40:30 [lisa]
agenda: this
13:40:31 [lisa]
agenda+ review SC, and timelines show status table.sc status: https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html,
13:40:33 [lisa]
issues: https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ACOGA
13:40:35 [lisa]
agenda+ wording for understanding sections
13:40:36 [lisa]
agenda+ new issue papers!! updates on bots and navigation
13:40:38 [lisa]
agenda+ the supplement, moving forward
13:40:39 [lisa]
agenda+ be done
14:00:17 [Mike_Pluke]
Mike_Pluke has joined #coga
14:08:02 [AndyHeath]
AndyHeath has joined #coga
14:08:10 [AndyHeath]
test
14:09:21 [neilmilliken]
neilmilliken has joined #coga
14:10:02 [neilmilliken]
hello what is the password for webex
14:10:33 [lisa]
i sent it in a chat. can you see it?
14:11:01 [neilmilliken]
I cannot see chat
14:11:11 [andy]
andy has joined #coga
14:11:13 [lisa]
ill send on skype
14:14:07 [lisa]
just going ove whats going on.
14:14:36 [lisa]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html
14:17:54 [AndyHeath3]
AndyHeath3 has joined #coga
14:18:33 [andy]
test
14:24:45 [lisa]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/sc_august2017/?.
14:27:48 [lisa]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/LatestPersonalization/?
14:28:32 [Pietro]
Pietro has joined #coga
14:28:46 [Pietro]
Present+
14:29:24 [andy]
present+
14:30:06 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford has joined #coga
14:32:30 [lisa]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/wcag21/support-personalization_ISSUE-6/guidelines/sc/21/support-personalization-minimum.html
14:33:57 [lisa]
scribe: neilmilliken
14:34:22 [lisa]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/wcag21/support-personalization_ISSUE-6/guidelines/sc/21/support-personalization-minimum.html
14:34:50 [neilmilliken]
lisa summarised short term strategy - push Personalisation SC & see if we can get plain language & symbols at AAA
14:35:11 [neilmilliken]
Other proposals will be surveyed
14:36:59 [lisa]
charles la-peir
14:37:17 [neilmilliken]
Indie Ui TF will be starting back up with Lisa S, Charles Lapierre co facillitating
14:37:26 [JohnRochford]
present+ JohnRochford
14:38:20 [neilmilliken]
Will need to align with personalisation in WCAG
14:38:52 [neilmilliken]
2nd iteration will have more content - lisa asking for volunteers - says will not be as much work as COGA
14:40:09 [lisa]
correction indi uo is something else
14:40:23 [neilmilliken]
Correction not indie UI - the personalisation TF is part of Aria working group
14:41:40 [lisa]
zakim, next item
14:41:40 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "review SC, and timelines show status table.sc status: https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html," taken up [from lisa]
14:41:52 [lisa]
topic 3
14:41:56 [lisa]
topic 3
14:42:00 [lisa]
zakim, next item
14:42:00 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, lisa
14:42:54 [neilmilliken]
We only started scribing once we reached quorum - as no COGA peeps ever want to scribe (it hurts too much :( )
14:43:02 [lisa]
zakim, next item
14:43:02 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "wording for understanding sections" taken up [from lisa]
14:43:34 [neilmilliken]
John Rochford put forward a propasal for the understanding section.
14:43:51 [lisa]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2017Jul/0064.html
14:44:01 [andy]
nick AndyHeath
14:44:48 [lisa]
zakim, next item
14:44:48 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "new issue papers!! updates on bots and navigation" taken up [from lisa]
14:44:49 [janina]
Correct spelling: Charles LaPierre
14:48:42 [neilmilliken]
lisa confirmed to Neil that the understanding document was only relating to authentication
14:49:26 [lisa]
action lisa set up google doc for understading section
14:49:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-222 - Set up google doc for understading section [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2017-08-10].
14:50:08 [lisa]
zakim, next item
14:50:08 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "the supplement, moving forward" taken up [from lisa]
14:50:58 [neilmilliken]
Lisa - We'd like the supplement to come out at the same time as wcag2.1 with all of the proposed SC that did not make it in.
14:51:13 [neilmilliken]
we dont curretnly have afreement as to what the format will be
14:52:01 [lisa]
action: lisa to ask michale to set suplement templatre call
14:52:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-223 - Ask michale to set suplement templatre call [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2017-08-10].
14:52:09 [neilmilliken]
lisa will ask Michael Cooper to set up a call to discuss the suplement
14:52:15 [lisa]
action: lisa set up google doc for understading section
14:52:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-224 - Set up google doc for understading section [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2017-08-10].
14:52:40 [lisa]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19CvGpbNn1MecK9iRO7MOhafCaVjIajyV2BjNz2OZZZY/edit#
14:53:02 [neilmilliken]
lisa have a proposed structure - the idea is to show what the supplement would look like.
14:53:39 [neilmilliken]
LS says that Michael Cooper said it should be like advisory tewchniques
14:54:25 [neilmilliken]
LS - this is problematic because so few of the SC got through even limited form
14:54:28 [lisa]
scribe: lisa
14:54:57 [lisa]
also suplement to a AAA seems irrelivent to anyone
14:59:05 [lisa]
niel: providing advisaroy techniques or supplement techniques to exisiting sc's is a exersize in futility
14:59:30 [lisa]
as we will be excluding things we think are important, and downgrding importance of what is in
15:01:22 [lisa]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/sc_august2017/?.
15:04:48 [lisa]
rrsagent, make logs public
15:05:01 [lisa]
rrsagent, create minutes
15:05:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/08/03-coga-minutes.html lisa
15:06:02 [lisa]
zakim, please part
15:06:02 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Pietro, andy, JohnRochford
15:06:02 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
15:06:28 [lisa]
rssagent, please part
15:15:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #coga
15:20:17 [alastairc]
alastairc has joined #coga
17:06:20 [MichaelC_]
MichaelC_ has joined #coga
20:59:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga