IRC log of social on 2017-08-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:01:02 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #social
17:01:02 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/08/01-social-irc
17:01:04 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:01:07 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SOCL
17:01:07 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot
17:01:07 [trackbot]
Meeting: Social Web Working Group Teleconference
17:01:07 [trackbot]
Date: 01 August 2017
17:01:18 [rhiaro]
present+
17:02:40 [ajordan]
present+
17:02:47 [sandro]
present+
17:02:51 [cwebber2]
present+
17:03:14 [rhiaro]
scribenick: rhiaro
17:03:15 [eprodrom]
eprodrom has joined #social
17:03:40 [ajordan]
https://twitter.com/strugee2/status/892430504108191748
17:03:40 [Loqi]
[@strugee2] today on the #SocialWG call: @sandhawke: "so it sounds like instead of shaving the yak, you implemented a new yak"
17:04:09 [eprodrom]
Zakim, who is here?
17:04:09 [Zakim]
Present: sandro, tantek, aaronpk, jaywink, ajordan, rhiaro, cwebber, eprodrom
17:04:11 [Zakim]
On IRC I see eprodrom, RRSAgent, timbl, xmpp-social, wilkie, JanKusanagi, ben_thatmustbeme, ajordan, csarven, Zakim, Gargron, cwebber2, Loqi, dlongley, MMN-o, jaywink, bwn,
17:04:11 [Zakim]
... aaronpk, raucao, dwhly, astronouth7303, saranix, albino, trackbot, rhiaro, sandro, nightpool, DenSchub, puckipedia, tsyesika, jet, tcit, bitbear, mattl, sknebel, bigbluehat
17:04:15 [eprodrom]
present+
17:05:09 [rhiaro]
TOPIC: Approval of last week's minutes
17:05:25 [eprodrom]
PROPOSED: Accept https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2017-07-25-minutes as minutes of 25 July 2017 meeting
17:05:37 [rhiaro]
eprodrom: please take a moment to look at those minutes
17:05:46 [rhiaro]
<rhiaro> +1
17:06:08 [eprodrom]
+1
17:06:12 [cwebber2]
+1
17:06:41 [ajordan]
+1
17:06:48 [eprodrom]
RESOLVED: Accept https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2017-07-25-minutes as minutes of 25 July 2017 meeting
17:07:20 [rhiaro]
TOPIC: Summer meeting schedule
17:07:35 [rhiaro]
eprodrom: We have postponed our 8/8 and 8/22 meetings
17:07:54 [rhiaro]
... Just to be clear, it's too late to re-schedule those. Is there an emergency where we need to have one of these meetings?
17:08:11 [eprodrom]
q?
17:08:13 [rhiaro]
... Anything urgent that can't be handled on the 15th, we cannot handle on the 8th or 22nd
17:08:33 [rhiaro]
... I will be irritated if anyone asks me to chair either of those :)
17:08:44 [rhiaro]
... I assume tantek is chairing on the 15th
17:08:56 [rhiaro]
... And I will be here on the 15th
17:09:24 [rhiaro]
... Want to also make sure it's clear we have a 90 minute meeting today
17:09:32 [rhiaro]
... We can finish early if everything is wrapped up
17:09:41 [rhiaro]
TOPIC: ActivityPub
17:09:45 [rhiaro]
... Chris, update?
17:10:00 [cwebber2]
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2017-07/msg00014.html
17:10:01 [Loqi]
Strugee made 1 edit to [[Socialwg/2017-08-01]] https://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?diff=104020&oldid=104019
17:10:15 [cwebber2]
NOOOO
17:10:18 [cwebber2]
call failed
17:10:22 [rhiaro]
cwebber2: Last week I was saying that I was held up by a language issue. I did a lot of work this week to try to resolve that. I needed help from the actual language a-
17:10:29 [cwebber2]
... I turned on airplane mode with my cheek
17:10:51 [rhiaro]
eprodrom: do we have aaronpk or julien on?
17:11:30 [rhiaro]
cwebber2: I figured out a way forward that involves shaving a different yak. It's almost entirely shaved and seems to be working. Tests uite should be up by the next meeting.
17:11:39 [ajordan]
s/uite/suite/
17:11:42 [rhiaro]
... Other news, in the mastodon beta release, they mentioned WIP AP support
17:11:54 [rhiaro]
... They have AS2 data representation, but not full AP API yet
17:12:02 [rhiaro]
... That's the state of things. Short update.
17:12:28 [rhiaro]
eprodrom: The yak shaving is for the test suite or for an implementation?
17:12:45 [rhiaro]
cwebber2: The test suite. There was an underlying structural issue that prevented me from launching the test suite, but it's nearly plugged.
17:12:49 [rhiaro]
eprodrom: Any outstanding issues?
17:12:58 [rhiaro]
cwebber2: Things have stayed pretty quiet over the last week
17:13:20 [rhiaro]
ajordan: Don't we have outstanding issues from a while ago? The private message issue?
17:13:46 [rhiaro]
cwebber2: I thougth that got moved to extension, because we resolved that if it wasn't a protocol issue, it could hbe handled as an extension
17:13:53 [cwebber2]
https://github.com/w3c/activitypub/issues/239
17:13:54 [Loqi]
[puckipedia] #239 mediaUpload: only post to outbox if it's a Create activity?
17:13:58 [rhiaro]
... There is one that's kind of really open for discussion, but I haven't done enough research on it yet
17:14:20 [rhiaro]
... I said I'd look at how twitter and other things were doing it to make sure we're doing the right thing, but I havne't had enough time to do that
17:14:34 [rhiaro]
eprodrom: So that's it for AP?
17:14:38 [rhiaro]
cwebber2: Yep
17:14:41 [rhiaro]
TOPIC: WebSub
17:14:47 [rhiaro]
eprodrom: aaronpk or julien on?
17:14:51 [ajordan]
s/thougth/thought/
17:14:52 [eprodrom]
Zakim, who is here?
17:14:52 [Zakim]
Present: sandro, tantek, aaronpk, jaywink, ajordan, rhiaro, cwebber, eprodrom
17:14:55 [Zakim]
On IRC I see eprodrom, RRSAgent, timbl, xmpp-social, wilkie, JanKusanagi, ben_thatmustbeme, ajordan, csarven, Zakim, Gargron, cwebber2, Loqi, dlongley, MMN-o, jaywink, bwn,
17:14:55 [Zakim]
... aaronpk, raucao, dwhly, astronouth7303, saranix, albino, trackbot, rhiaro, sandro, nightpool, DenSchub, puckipedia, tsyesika, jet, tcit, bitbear, mattl, sknebel, bigbluehat
17:15:29 [rhiaro]
... Since they haven't spoken up yet, I'm going to assume that neither aaronpk nor julien is available
17:15:52 [rhiaro]
... Does anyone know of any discussion points that we should address about WebSub that we can talk about in their absence?
17:16:10 [rhiaro]
... My guess is that we don't, but now is the chance..
17:16:19 [rhiaro]
TOPIC: Post type discover
17:16:22 [rhiaro]
TOPIC: Post type discovery
17:16:31 [eprodrom]
https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-post-type-discovery-20170801/
17:16:32 [Loqi]
[Tantek Çelik] Post Type Discovery
17:16:38 [rhiaro]
eprodrom: Last week we had a resolution to update PTD. Tantek made an update to the agenda that he's done a new WD
17:16:51 [rhiaro]
... Probably worth reviewing
17:17:11 [rhiaro]
... Not sure if there are ways for us to make any progress on PTD without tantek here
17:17:16 [rhiaro]
... Any discussion?
17:17:38 [rhiaro]
TOPIC: AOB?
17:18:04 [rhiaro]
eprodrom: We had talked about ideas for briding webmention and AP, is that in SWP?
17:18:11 [rhiaro]
ajordan: We haven't discussed that, I forgot
17:18:16 [rhiaro]
... I can coordinate with rhiaro
17:18:21 [rhiaro]
<rhiaro> o/
17:18:34 [rhiaro]
eprodrom: Any other progress on other documents?
17:19:19 [rhiaro]
TOPIC: SWICG
17:19:32 [rhiaro]
cwebber2: No meeting last week. We have one tomorrow.
17:19:39 [rhiaro]
sandro: Is there an agenda?
17:19:53 [rhiaro]
cwebber2: Not at the moment..
17:20:08 [rhiaro]
... If you want to discuss anything in the CG go ahead and add it
17:20:10 [rhiaro]
sandro: I can't make it
17:20:19 [rhiaro]
ajordan: Historically the agenda for this is JIT compiled
17:20:32 [rhiaro]
eprodrom: is that all we need for the CG?
17:20:47 [rhiaro]
TOPIC: Mailing list
17:21:20 [rhiaro]
ajordan: I noticed that in all of our specs in the SotD it says send comments to the mailing list but that isn't really where we do things so I'm worried that if someone sends feedback to that address it won't get seen
17:21:42 [rhiaro]
... Seems that we should find out if we can change that technically/politically, and if so how. And if we can't then there's nothing to do.
17:21:46 [rhiaro]
sandro: What would you change it to?
17:21:49 [rhiaro]
ajordan: Github issues probably
17:21:56 [rhiaro]
sandro: We do mention github there right? We say both?
17:22:05 [rhiaro]
cwebber2: I think it's auto generated by respec
17:22:06 [ajordan]
https://w3c.github.io/activitypub/#sotd
17:22:13 [rhiaro]
sandro: you can do a PR on respec
17:22:16 [rhiaro]
... We can always edit it by hand
17:22:34 [rhiaro]
... I wouldn't want to take out the mailing list comlpetely
17:22:39 [rhiaro]
... We might as well do our comments through facebook
17:22:42 [rhiaro]
... A silo is still a silo
17:23:01 [rhiaro]
... THe fact is, almost all of us are on the mailing list, even if many don't pay attention to it
17:23:57 [rhiaro]
ajordan: I'll see if we can get respect to add it
17:24:03 [rhiaro]
rhiaro: THe github minutes are all linked at the top
17:24:08 [rhiaro]
sandro: My theroy is nobody reads the sotd
17:24:14 [rhiaro]
... It should say where we want the comments to go
17:24:50 [rhiaro]
eprodrom: No actual changes?
17:25:13 [rhiaro]
... Leaving things as they are with the boilerplate.
17:25:35 [rhiaro]
TOPIC: AOB?
17:25:40 [ajordan]
s/respect/Respec/
17:25:49 [rhiaro]
... PLease do not feel you have to fill up the next 35 minutes
17:26:13 [ajordan]
cwebber2++
17:26:14 [Loqi]
cwebber2 has 96 karma
17:26:27 [rhiaro]
... okay, finished early! Enjoy your time
17:26:34 [rhiaro]
... No meeting next week. Next one is scheduled for the 15th
17:26:48 [rhiaro]
... If there are no objections I'll leave the duration as 90 minutes
17:27:00 [rhiaro]
... Thanks everyone
17:27:14 [rhiaro]
trackbot, end meeting
17:27:14 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
17:27:14 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been sandro, tantek, aaronpk, jaywink, ajordan, rhiaro, cwebber, eprodrom
17:27:21 [eprodrom]
rhiaro++
17:27:22 [Loqi]
rhiaro has 155 karma in this channel (274 overall)
17:27:22 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
17:27:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/08/01-social-minutes.html trackbot
17:27:23 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
17:27:23 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items