IRC log of silver on 2017-07-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:32:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #silver
13:32:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/07/28-silver-irc
13:32:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:32:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #silver
13:32:40 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
13:32:40 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
13:32:41 [trackbot]
Meeting: Silver Task Force Teleconference
13:32:41 [trackbot]
Date: 28 July 2017
13:33:18 [Lauriat]
agenda+ Question bank
13:33:23 [Lauriat]
agenda+ Draft of WCAG usability survey
13:33:32 [Lauriat]
agenda+ Research project sheet review
13:33:33 [Lauriat]
agenda+ Open action items https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open review
13:35:31 [Lauriat]
Zakim, take up item 3
13:35:31 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Research project sheet review" taken up [from Lauriat]
13:36:42 [Lauriat]
No updates since last time.
13:37:21 [SarahHorton]
SarahHorton has joined #silver
13:38:27 [SarahHorton]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:38:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/07/28-silver-minutes.html SarahHorton
13:40:48 [SarahHorton]
Jan: Suggestion to add info about local meetup groups
13:42:03 [SarahHorton]
Jan: Could add meetups to question about accessibility topics.
13:42:11 [SarahHorton]
Sarah: Will look into this
13:44:37 [SarahHorton]
Sarah: Diary study meeting today
13:45:08 [SarahHorton]
Jeanne: Working on building up a larger donation plan
13:45:49 [SarahHorton]
Jeanne: For diary study, thought we could go ahead with volunteers
13:46:09 [SarahHorton]
Jeanne: Could go to people on ad hoc basis, ask for support for diary study
13:48:01 [SarahHorton]
Sarah: Will move forward with diary study and when ready to launch, check in about budget and stakeholders list
13:48:17 [SarahHorton]
Jeanne: Check back in next Friday to discuss budget
13:52:40 [SarahHorton]
zakim, take up item 1
13:52:40 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Question bank" taken up [from Lauriat]
13:53:08 [Lauriat]
Question bank: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x_Qt9WpujgrAlKnF6ApWPamhSukYQXGEel6fkq93kls/edit
13:55:32 [SarahHorton]
zakim, take up item 2
13:55:32 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Draft of WCAG usability survey" taken up [from Lauriat]
14:02:29 [SarahHorton]
Sarah: Reviewed survey
14:02:56 [SarahHorton]
Shawn: Likes the three questions, learnability, memorability, teachability
14:06:01 [SarahHorton]
Jan: Likes idea of asking the three attributes with each SC
14:06:21 [SarahHorton]
Jan: What about also asking about easy to implement
14:06:31 [SarahHorton]
Shawn: That might be outside scope of usability
14:06:59 [SarahHorton]
Shawn: What about asking questions about why?
14:07:24 [SarahHorton]
Jan: Relying on their definition of what learning means
14:15:05 [sloandr]
sloandr has joined #silver
14:15:11 [sloandr]
present+
14:15:26 [sloandr]
hi all, sorry for joining late
14:20:44 [SarahHorton]
Jeanne: How about adding another page with the SC and a question about why
14:21:41 [SarahHorton]
Jeanne: With perceptions, some people will want to say why
14:23:35 [SarahHorton]
Shawn: Implementability gets away from usability of WCAG itself, implementing gets into working with technology
14:24:02 [SarahHorton]
Jan: Usability seems like something people can use in their job
14:27:34 [SarahHorton]
Shawn: Implementations can get difficult depending on context
14:28:08 [SarahHorton]
Jan: Implementation becomes one of biggest barriers when working with developers
14:30:17 [SarahHorton]
Jennison: Are there other research studies that are covering implementation
14:33:14 [SarahHorton]
Dave: Concerned about whether we need to ask about informative resources (how to use, understanding)
14:33:56 [SarahHorton]
Dave: Can we understand which parts of the guidelines are sufficiently learnable without other resources?
14:36:35 [SarahHorton]
* https://www.nngroup.com/articles/usability-101-introduction-to-usability/
14:40:24 [SarahHorton]
Sarah: Will share more refined version on Aug 1
14:40:46 [SarahHorton]
zakim, take up item 1
14:40:46 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Question bank" taken up [from Lauriat]
14:43:19 [SarahHorton]
Dave: Good idea to use as a bucket to put questions we could ask by survey
14:44:19 [SarahHorton]
Dave: Could start by collecting questions about implementability
14:44:32 [SarahHorton]
Dave: Also ask about supporting resources
14:44:50 [SarahHorton]
Dave: Could spend time on bank creating questions that are on topics we would like to learn more about
14:45:04 [SarahHorton]
Dave: Questions we can use in surveys
14:46:05 [SarahHorton]
Dave: Will start on setting up question bank and share at Aug 4 meeting
14:47:09 [SarahHorton]
zakim, take up item 4
14:47:09 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Open action items https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open review" taken up [from Lauriat]
14:48:30 [SarahHorton]
present+ Sarah, Dave, Jeanne, Shawn, Jan, Jennison
14:49:04 [SarahHorton]
regrets+ Jemma
14:49:15 [SarahHorton]
Chair: Shawn
14:49:21 [SarahHorton]
Scribe: Sarah
14:58:32 [SarahHorton]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:58:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/07/28-silver-minutes.html SarahHorton
14:58:38 [SarahHorton]
rrsagent, make logs public
15:01:09 [SarahHorton]
zakim, clear agenda
15:01:09 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
15:01:15 [SarahHorton]
rrsagent, bye
15:01:15 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items