IRC log of silver on 2017-07-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:02:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #silver
13:02:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/07/14-silver-irc
13:03:01 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:03:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #silver
13:03:03 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
13:03:03 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
13:03:04 [trackbot]
Meeting: Silver Task Force Teleconference
13:03:04 [trackbot]
Date: 14 July 2017
13:03:15 [jeanne]
agenda+ Opt-in form
13:03:15 [jeanne]
agenda+ Research project sheet review
13:03:15 [jeanne]
agenda+ Update for the WG
13:03:16 [jeanne]
agenda+ Open action item review https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open
13:28:33 [jeanne]
agenda?
13:28:53 [Lauriat]
Lauriat has joined #silver
13:29:02 [Lauriat]
agenda?
13:29:31 [jeanne]
Gah, Webex is only at 40% and its been running for 3 minutes
13:29:42 [jeanne]
s/Gah, Webex is only at 40% and its been running for 3 minutes//
13:35:17 [jeanne]
scribe: jeanne
13:35:28 [jeanne]
Chair: Shawn
13:35:35 [jeanne]
zakim, take up item 1
13:35:35 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Opt-in form" taken up [from jeanne]
13:35:53 [jeanne]
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AK37Ius6CQmnbMriByxzdSrPk7GJTp9N5p1m0gBioEY/edit
13:37:26 [jeanne]
No objections to the edits.
13:37:30 [jemma]
jemma has joined #silver
13:37:38 [jeanne]
RESOLUTION: Send out the Opt-in form.
13:37:44 [jemma]
present+ JaEunJemmaKu
13:39:23 [jeanne]
Shawn: Can we ask Sarah to send out the emails?
13:39:47 [shari]
shari has joined #silver
13:40:13 [jeanne]
Jeanne: I don't have the consistent wifi to send it.
13:40:18 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
13:40:18 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Research project sheet review" taken up [from jeanne]
13:40:29 [jeanne]
zakim, take up item 1
13:40:29 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Opt-in form" taken up [from jeanne]
13:40:40 [jeanne]
Letter: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m7TvBwpAP8HY5mmBgAfLy5i1jz4Y4SwJt7tJ1SK2NOw/edit
13:49:10 [jeanne]
Shawn: Is there a way to set up a email list via W3C tools?
13:49:30 [jeanne]
Jeanne: That could be a good idea, if the list was private.
13:49:54 [jeanne]
action: Shawn to talk to Michael Cooper about setting up a private email list for stakeholders.
13:49:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-106 - Talk to michael cooper about setting up a private email list for stakeholders. [on Shawn Lauriat - due 2017-07-21].
13:50:05 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
13:50:05 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Research project sheet review" taken up [from jeanne]
13:50:27 [jeanne]
Shawn: Sarah sent regrets and sent an update for Pete McNally.
13:50:46 [jeanne]
... Pete has piloted the survey and is ready to send it out.
13:51:01 [jeanne]
... It doesn't sound like he needs anything else from us.
13:51:13 [Lauriat]
Research project tracker sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bsqv595CnSzmUa2Tv53duudNvn_ExTW6xGx-6_ECM7c/edit#gid=55201506
13:52:38 [jeanne]
Jemma: Eleanor is doing well, I don't have recent details.
13:52:55 [jeanne]
Shawn: It would be helpful to get details of where she is, if the survey has gone out.
13:53:11 [jeanne]
Jemma: I heard from Dr Watenabe.
13:54:19 [jeanne]
... I got an email from him, he has published an article about Communication Model of Web Accessibility.
13:54:59 [jeanne]
... his students finished their research outline, have interviewed 3 people who are deaf/hard of hearing.
13:55:53 [jemma]
Regarding Watanabe, Dr. Watanabe, Takayuki Communication Model of Web Accessibility Vol.30, CCIS 713, HCI International 2017 Posters Proceedings - Part I, Pages 80-87.
13:57:10 [jeanne]
Shawn: There was a talk about accessibility about Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. It talked about applying WCAG to VR and AR, and also addressed needs for accessible VR and AR that are not covered by WCAG.
13:57:41 [jeanne]
Jemma: I will share Dr. Watenabe article to the list as well, as others may be interested in it.
13:58:16 [jeanne]
... I'll look into the talk and add it to the Zotaro literature review.
13:58:59 [jeanne]
Shawn: We need updates from Dave and Jan
14:00:02 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
14:00:02 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Update for the WG" taken up [from jeanne]
14:00:29 [shari]
can you all hear me?
14:00:54 [shari]
I was giving an update on Tyson McMillin
14:03:09 [jeanne]
Shari: We met with Tyson last week. He is going to send the survey in mid-August once it is approved by his IRR. He is on track. We will meet with him next month to check how it going.
14:03:17 [jeanne]
... We haven't met with Mike yet.
14:03:25 [jeanne]
... We haven't met with Nancy
14:03:43 [jeanne]
... Was anyone able to get a hold of Stephanie Wilson?
14:04:00 [jeanne]
Jemma: I did, and she said she was not going to be able to continue with the project.
14:04:34 [jeanne]
... her work responsibilities have changed
14:05:03 [jeanne]
Shari: We have several meetings scheduled for meetings next week with researchers.
14:08:43 [jeanne]
Jemma: Eleanor's project is on schedule and it will start in September.
14:10:22 [jeanne]
... I will hear on August 15 if I will get the grant I applied for, for grad student help with the literature review.
14:10:31 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
14:10:31 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Open action item review https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open" taken up [from jeanne]
14:10:54 [jeanne]
zakim, take up item 3
14:10:54 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Update for the WG" taken up [from jeanne]
14:11:18 [jeanne]
Shawn: Jeanne did an update on the wiki.
14:11:33 [Lauriat]
Lauriat has joined #silver
14:11:36 [Lauriat]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Monthly_Updates#Silver_Update_for_2nd_Quarter_2017
14:12:34 [jemma]
I have to wait till August 15 to apply for the research publication funding from University library.
14:19:35 [jeanne]
Update is okay for the WCAG WG for Tuesday.
14:19:40 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
14:19:40 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Open action item review https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open" taken up [from jeanne]
14:20:12 [jeanne]
action-54 Shawn will do today
14:20:44 [jeanne]
action-67 due 21 July
14:20:45 [trackbot]
Set action-67 Enter the copyright policy at the top of the wiki page for the literature review. due date to 2017-07-21.
14:21:25 [jeanne]
action-74 close
14:21:35 [jeanne]
close action-74
14:21:35 [trackbot]
Closed action-74.
14:22:00 [jeanne]
close action-92
14:22:00 [trackbot]
Closed action-92.
14:24:00 [jeanne]
action-94 Dave has started the Question Bank. Sarah will talk to Dave about it.
14:24:07 [jeanne]
action-94 due 21 July
14:24:08 [trackbot]
Set action-94 Start work on question bank due date to 2017-07-21.
14:24:41 [jeanne]
action-97 due 21 July
14:24:41 [trackbot]
Set action-97 Set up public project list so it can be referenced from david's blog post. due date to 2017-07-21.
14:25:42 [jeanne]
action-99 due 21 July
14:25:42 [trackbot]
Set action-99 Draw up budget based on notes from david and discussion in the tf meeting. due date to 2017-07-21.
14:26:34 [jeanne]
action-101 due 18 July
14:26:34 [trackbot]
Set action-101 Will send the opt-in form to individuals for their comments due date to 2017-07-18.
14:27:39 [jeanne]
action-102. Sarah reported on it last week, showed a draft. She is going to go ahead with it.
14:27:50 [jeanne]
action-102 due 21 July
14:27:50 [trackbot]
Set action-102 Complete draft of WCAG usability survey, test, and refine due date to 2017-07-21.
14:28:14 [jeanne]
close action-103
14:28:14 [trackbot]
Closed action-103.
14:28:42 [jeanne]
zakim, close this item
14:28:42 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
14:28:43 [Zakim]
I see nothing remaining on the agenda
14:29:09 [jeanne]
Jeanne: Regrets for next Tuesday call
14:29:50 [jeanne]
Topic: TPAC Questions
14:30:14 [jeanne]
Jemma: I need information on TPAC to write up a justification for funding to attend.
14:31:57 [jeanne]
Shawn: Most of the work will be presenting to the WCAG WG. We will do a general presentation on Silver on Wednesday. On Thursday, we will be presenting at the Bay Area
14:32:20 [jeanne]
... Accessibility Meetup at AirBnB.
14:32:28 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:32:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/07/14-silver-minutes.html jeanne
14:32:58 [jemma]
rrsagent, make log public
14:33:17 [jemma]
present+ Shari Butler
14:33:29 [jemma]
present + Jeanne, Shawn
14:33:30 [jeanne]
regrets+ Sarah, Dave, Jan, Jennison
14:33:38 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:33:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/07/14-silver-minutes.html jeanne