IRC log of wot on 2017-06-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:58:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot
11:58:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/06/28-wot-irc
12:00:29 [taki]
taki has joined #wot
12:01:28 [kaz]
Meeting: WoT IG/WG
12:01:56 [kaz]
present+ Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_McCool, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima
12:02:44 [tokuyama]
tokuyama has joined #wot
12:02:47 [kaz]
present+ Michael_Koster
12:03:34 [ohura]
ohura has joined #wot
12:04:11 [uday]
uday has joined #wot
12:05:09 [kaz]
present+ Uday_Davuluru
12:06:07 [zkis]
present+ Zoltan_Kis
12:06:23 [kaz]
present+ Matthias_Kovatsch, Darko_Anicic
12:06:41 [kaz]
present+ Keiichi_Tokuyama
12:07:25 [kaz]
scribenick: McCool
12:07:29 [McCool]
present+ Michael_McCool
12:08:33 [DarkoAnicic]
DarkoAnicic has joined #wot
12:08:44 [DarkoAnicic]
present+ DarkoAnicic
12:08:49 [kaz]
present+ Achille_Zappa
12:09:11 [k_nimura]
k_nimura has joined #wot
12:09:50 [ktoumura]
ktoumura has joined #wot
12:10:13 [achille_zappa]
achille_zappa has joined #wot
12:10:20 [sebastian]
sebastian has joined #wot
12:10:34 [kaz]
topic: Agenda
12:10:37 [McCool]
tech landscape update: https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/326
12:10:47 [McCool]
will merge on Friday if no comments
12:10:54 [kaz]
s/Agenda/Quick updates/
12:11:10 [McCool]
is one comment from Michael Koster that I will add to the update
12:11:15 [kaz]
Agenda: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda
12:12:48 [McCool]
new agenda items from chair's meeting: TF overlap, node-wot becoming a deliverable
12:12:49 [mjkoster]
mjkoster has joined #wot
12:13:14 [kaz]
q+ to mention marcomm thing as well
12:13:33 [yingying]
yingying has joined #wot
12:13:44 [achille_zappa]
present+ achille_zappa
12:13:48 [mkovatsc_]
mkovatsc_ has joined #wot
12:13:57 [mkovatsc_]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#28_June_2017
12:14:19 [mkovatsc_]
q?
12:14:25 [kaz]
ack k
12:14:25 [Zakim]
kaz, you wanted to mention marcomm thing as well
12:14:25 [McCool]
topic: node-wot as a deliverable
12:14:28 [mkovatsc_]
q+
12:15:06 [McCool]
issue is to make collaboration easier, it's easier if it is an official deliverable
12:15:08 [yingying]
present+ Yingying_Chen
12:15:13 [kaz]
ack m
12:15:21 [McCool]
also necessary to satisfy the "testing" deliverable
12:16:04 [McCool]
Matthias: no problem from Siemens, but have started to look at Eclipse Foundation, need to make sure there is not conflict
12:16:48 [McCool]
if it ends up at the Eclipse Foundation, then submitter needs to make sure they are party to the IPR agreement
12:17:09 [McCool]
this is consistent with the needs of W3C... Eclipse Foundation will make sure it is "IP Clean"
12:17:18 [kaz]
present+ Kazuaki_Nimura, Masato_Ohura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Yingying_Chen
12:17:18 [mkovatsc_]
q?
12:17:51 [naka]
naka has joined #wot
12:17:58 [McCool]
so we
12:18:07 [mkovatsc_]
q?
12:18:25 [McCool]
we would like to make a conditional resolution that this is something we want to pursue, conditional on clearing these issues
12:18:36 [McCool]
no objections noted... so we will proceed.
12:19:07 [McCool]
will try to resolve the remaining issues.
12:19:16 [McCool]
topic: F2F Logistics
12:19:31 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201707/results registration results
12:19:38 [McCool]
about 40 people registered
12:20:15 [McCool]
kaz sent out invitations to observers; we invited most to entire event, except for one that did not respond to Kaz's questions
12:20:42 [McCool]
Uday to summarize status and outstanding issues
12:20:58 [McCool]
one issue was hotel bookings... bad link, wrong code...
12:21:12 [McCool]
has been resolved except for...
12:21:35 [McCool]
one person, kaz will look into, try to contact him
12:22:56 [kaz]
s/kaz will look into, try to contact him/kaz has been contacting him but got no response about his hotel booking either/
12:23:55 [McCool]
some outstanding questions still...
12:23:55 [mkovatsc_]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201707/results
12:24:18 [McCool]
everyone should go to results page and go to point 6 and make sure information is correct
12:26:21 [McCool]
another issue: displays. who needs them?
12:27:15 [McCool]
room only has one display and projector
12:27:28 [kaz]
present+ Katsuyoshi_Naka
12:27:41 [McCool]
so the question is, can UDay provide screens locally? Yes... up to two only.
12:28:08 [kaz]
s/UDay/Uday/
12:28:14 [McCool]
two *monitors* with HDMI inputs
12:29:21 [McCool]
preparation?
12:29:41 [kaz]
s/preparation/plugfest preparation/
12:29:59 [McCool]
plugfest is on Sunday (internal) and then demos on Monday as part of OpenDay
12:30:17 [McCool]
Sunday morning will for plugfest setup
12:30:37 [McCool]
need specific list of attendees for Sunday
12:31:08 [McCool]
Uday will check schedule, but assumes it will be from 8am
12:31:28 [McCool]
but need concrete number for conference center
12:33:07 [McCool]
those who need monitors, please email UDay
12:33:36 [McCool]
but... fellow named Francesco may not be on call, Kaz needs to send an email to connect with UDay
12:34:02 [McCool]
Kaz has created a mailing list for all registrants, can also send a reminder there
12:35:29 [McCool]
need to finalize input so we can start scheduling
12:35:35 [McCool]
people should note timing preferences
12:36:06 [McCool]
eg if someone can only come certain days; if remote, should say if morning or afternoon is better for them
12:36:55 [McCool]
please put notes in wiki - names under what sessions you want to attend
12:37:19 [McCool]
should finalize input end of this week... will be doing final scheduling early next week
12:37:28 [mkovatsc_]
q?
12:37:38 [McCool]
so TFs should create breakouts they intend to hold ASAP
12:38:08 [mkovatsc_]
q?
12:38:23 [McCool]
topic: TF reports
12:38:28 [McCool]
topic: TD TF
12:38:55 [McCool]
last Friday - current practices now applied for TD
12:39:04 [McCool]
relatively small changes in the structure
12:39:15 [McCool]
some information in there on how to use semantic annotation
12:39:37 [McCool]
also there is a proposal for a protocol binding
12:40:07 [McCool]
but no link... have asked MK to make a pull request to put a link into the main document (current practices)
12:40:36 [McCool]
MK did create a pull request last night
12:41:42 [McCool]
would be good to have a small slide set describing use of semantics in TD
12:42:07 [McCool]
topic: Scripting API
12:42:38 [McCool]
talked about concept of "origin" used in Web runtimes, and whether it applied... or not
12:42:55 [McCool]
talked about protocol bindings and runtime and execution model
12:43:08 [kaz]
-> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2017Jun/0033.html Scripting call summary
12:43:15 [McCool]
for plugfest, doing OCF binding for plugfest
12:43:34 [McCool]
but, IoTivity just complicates things... and OCF is just a special case of CoAP
12:44:12 [McCool]
so we are thinking of just adding protocol binding to generate OCF requests via a CoAP protocol
12:44:40 [McCool]
that works for basic resource requests, but we may have to come back and look at this again for discovery, security, etc.
12:45:24 [McCool]
Matthias: port demos to new versions, share scripts in different implementations?
12:45:49 [McCool]
test cases are about network interop, not script interop
12:46:29 [McCool]
Nimura-san also has runtime implementation; but no time to update to current specification before F2F
12:47:19 [elena]
elena has joined #wot
12:47:45 [McCool]
where is the lastest version?
12:49:55 [zkis]
http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#scripting-api
12:50:10 [zkis]
https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api
12:50:14 [mkovatsc_]
https://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/
12:50:27 [zkis]
https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/blob/master/primer.md
12:50:40 [zkis]
https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/blob/master/rationale.md
12:51:46 [McCool]
but some examples would be very useful
12:52:20 [McCool]
there are many in current practices
12:52:59 [McCool]
spec parts should be removed from current practices (eg web IDL)
12:53:13 [McCool]
some discussion about whether all examples should move to primer
12:54:00 [McCool]
zkis: it is confusing to have two specs; it should be clear what is the informal intro and what is the actual specification
12:54:11 [McCool]
zkis: let
12:54:28 [McCool]
zkis: let's create an issues and discuss
12:55:02 [McCool]
Matthias: what is in the current practices is out of date, so we have to delete it/move it/update it anyway
12:56:08 [McCool]
Nimura: will do his best, but is not sure that can update implementation to match spec
12:56:33 [McCool]
Matthias: propose removing text about scripting API in current practices, and replace with link to spec
12:57:25 [McCool]
we need defined goals for the plugfests, need to accommodate the status of different implementations
12:57:56 [McCool]
topic: Binding Templates
12:58:26 [McCool]
last week sent around doodle to have separate call; overlaps both TD and SA TFs... too much overlap
12:58:26 [mkovatsc_]
https://ethz.doodle.com/poll/yh3t8237v3v53ram#table
12:58:58 [McCool]
have an initial call... will use Friday 3:30pm European time
12:59:31 [McCool]
but were also planning an OCF implementation call... but these are related
12:59:42 [McCool]
so we will combine the two calls...
13:00:11 [McCool]
will start out talking about general binding template issues, then will talk about specific concrete implementation for OCF binding
13:00:34 [kaz]
-> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20170630T130000&p1=137&p2=43&p3=136&p4=195&p5=33&p6=235&p7=248 3pm Europe in your areas
13:04:46 [kaz]
action: kazt to allocate a webex at 3-5:30pm in Europe on Friday, June 30 for the protocol binding discusison
13:04:46 [trackbot]
Error finding 'kazt'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/track/users>.
13:05:04 [McCool]
will try to schedule so it works with and does not conflict with Security TF call
13:09:09 [McCool]
security tf: no special reports
13:09:21 [kaz]
[adjourned]
13:09:27 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
13:09:31 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:09:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/28-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:10:46 [kaz]
Chair: Matthias, McCool
13:10:48 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:10:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/28-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:11:09 [yingying]
yingying has joined #wot
13:43:16 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
14:03:56 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot
15:00:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot
15:02:58 [youenn]
youenn has joined #wot
17:00:55 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
17:33:36 [elena]
elena has joined #wot
19:59:43 [Karen_]
Karen_ has joined #wot
20:00:31 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
20:14:16 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
22:18:14 [thor]
thor has joined #wot
23:02:41 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
23:33:02 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot