IRC log of wot-td on 2017-06-23

Timestamps are in UTC.

06:33:19 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot-td
06:33:19 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/06/23-wot-td-irc
06:34:10 [DarkoAnicic]
DarkoAnicic has joined #wot-td
06:34:12 [kaz]
present+ Kaz_Ashimura, Danh_Le_Phuoc, Darko_Anicic, Dave_Raggett, Maria_Poveda, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Taki_Kamiya, Uday_Davuluru, Victor_Charpenay
06:34:21 [DarkoAnicic]
present+ DarkoAnicic
06:34:25 [uday]
uday has joined #wot-td
06:34:59 [McCool]
McCool has joined #wot-td
06:35:12 [McCool]
present+ Michael_McCool
06:36:17 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot-td
06:36:28 [dsr]
present+ Dave_Raggett
06:36:43 [kaz]
Agenda: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Thing_Description_WebConf#Agenda
06:36:54 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
06:36:54 [Zakim]
Present: Kaz_Ashimura, Danh_Le_Phuoc, Darko_Anicic, Dave_Raggett, Maria_Poveda, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Taki_Kamiya, Uday_Davuluru, Victor_Charpenay,
06:36:58 [Zakim]
... DarkoAnicic
06:36:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dsr, McCool, uday, DarkoAnicic, RRSAgent, Zakim, sebastian, taki, ohura, victor, MariaPoveda, DanhLePhuoc, kaz, benfrancis|away, trackbot
06:37:14 [mjkoster]
mjkoster has joined #wot-td
06:37:31 [kaz]
scribenick: DanhLePhuoc
06:37:35 [kaz]
Scribe: Danh
06:37:49 [kaz]
Meeting: WoT WG - TD-TF
06:38:11 [DanhLePhuoc]
First item: Status of the current practice document for Düsseldorf
06:38:23 [DanhLePhuoc]
http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html
06:38:42 [kaz]
s/First item:/topic:/
06:39:11 [kaz]
present+ Acille_Zappa, Masato_Ohura, Yongjing_Zhang
06:40:45 [achille_zappa]
achille_zappa has joined #wot-td
06:41:27 [DanhLePhuoc]
:sebastian TD has a slide change in comparision0
06:41:46 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/images/9/9a/TD_version4Duesseldorf.pdf
06:41:58 [kaz]
s/:sebastian/sebastian:/
06:42:13 [kaz]
s/slide/slight/
06:43:11 [achille_zappa]
present+ achille_zappa
06:43:18 [DanhLePhuoc]
... the plural terms are now changed to single form
06:44:24 [DanhLePhuoc]
...the content is updated in the wot practice document
06:45:45 [kaz]
-> http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html Current Practices document again
06:45:54 [yingying]
yingying has joined #wot-td
06:46:15 [DanhLePhuoc]
There are some some subsections in the best practice document that mention on the how annotate semantic data ...
06:46:19 [kaz]
s/pdf/pdf slides on TD structure for Dusseldorf f2f/
06:46:38 [kaz]
s/some some/some
06:46:45 [kaz]
s/how annotate/how to annotate/
06:48:38 [kaz]
-> http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#td-context-extension table on Thing, Property and Action below EXAMPLE 33
06:49:19 [MariaPoveda]
http://uri.etsi.org/m2m/saref# vs https://w3id.org/saref# ?
06:49:53 [DanhLePhuoc]
sebastian: it's important to look into the list of "things" used in previous plugfests to give semantic examples towards these things and their properties
06:50:52 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#Participation Sebastian shows the PlugFest table from Osaka f2f
06:52:19 [dsr]
q+
06:52:27 [MariaPoveda]
q+
06:52:28 [DarkoAnicic]
q+
06:52:55 [kaz]
q?
06:53:22 [dsr]
q?
06:53:40 [kaz]
ack d
06:53:53 [kaz]
ack dsr
06:53:57 [kaz]
q+ DarkoAnicic
06:54:06 [McCool]
present+ McCool
06:54:14 [DanhLePhuoc]
dsr: we should look into the use cases closely before coming up the semantic annotations
06:54:40 [McCool]
regarding what Dave is saying: location information and scope information might be useful
06:55:00 [McCool]
to say where the device is... this is useful metadata; does it belong in the TD?
06:55:08 [DanhLePhuoc]
dsr: based on the usecases, describe exactly what do you want to do, then choose the model/vocabulary to describe them
06:55:33 [McCool]
but location is a pretty complex topic; best to look first at what else is being done in W3C
06:55:41 [McCool]
for geolocation
06:56:35 [DanhLePhuoc]
sebastian: I would prefer to start with very simple example for the non-semantic developers in the plugfest
06:56:46 [kaz]
q+
06:56:46 [McCool]
it DOES apply to discovery though: "find things near me". But I could also find thing near me by guessing on physical proximity based on network topology
06:56:57 [McCool]
q?
06:57:03 [McCool]
q+ McCool
06:57:30 [DanhLePhuoc]
MariaPoveda: the uris of saref currently used are not the right one
06:58:37 [DanhLePhuoc]
MariaPoveda: there is the second version of SAREF, just wanted to get everybody informed
06:59:07 [McCool]
another point: location can change. Is the TD static or dynamic?
06:59:16 [McCool]
might be better to make it a property...
07:00:45 [kaz]
ack Maria
07:01:11 [yongjing]
yongjing has joined #wot-td
07:01:40 [DanhLePhuoc]
sebastian: we should look into the future to be able to use other ontologies such as schema.org or iot.schema.org
07:01:51 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot-td
07:01:51 [kaz]
ack darko
07:03:18 [DanhLePhuoc]
DarkoAnicic: I'm working collecting terms for iot.schema.ogr
07:03:32 [yongjing]
for the sake of interworking with oneM2M, it would be nice to also reference to oneM2M Base Ontology in the 'practice' document: http://www.onem2m.org/ontology/Base_Ontology/oneM2M_Base_Ontology-V_3_2_0.owl
07:03:47 [yongjing]
for semantic annotation
07:03:57 [DanhLePhuoc]
DarkoAnicic: I'm trying to have something before the the plugfest...
07:05:17 [kaz]
q?
07:05:26 [kaz]
ack kaz
07:06:44 [MariaPoveda]
Sorry, I have lo leave. I'll have a look at the minutes.
07:06:51 [mjkoster]
https://mjkoster.github.io/html/protocolbindings.html
07:06:55 [sebastian]
ok
07:07:46 [DanhLePhuoc]
kaz: I agree with sebastian that we should start with simple examples and I think we should be able to integrated with several vocabularies, but it should be done in the second phase
07:08:25 [kaz]
phase 1: thinking about the abstract level of TD
07:08:56 [kaz]
phase 2: thinking about the binding template and how to map existing parameters (from OCF, oneM2M, Echonet, etc.) to TD
07:10:01 [DanhLePhuoc]
McCool: location is very important, esp. when the location is dynamic ... semantics of the location property is very for later phase ...
07:10:10 [kaz]
s/to TD/to TD. at that time probably geolocation/Point-of-view kind of information would be needed because some devices can be moved and even static devices, e.g., air conditioners can change the direction of the air flow/
07:11:33 [kaz]
s/simple examples and/simple examples, and we should separate that discussion and detailed discussions on "how to map existing parameters to TD"./
07:11:58 [kaz]
s/integrated/integrate TD/
07:12:04 [DanhLePhuoc]
McCool: the location data might be x,y,z coordinates that are important for the things moving around the building
07:12:40 [yongjing]
I've created a PR to add the oneM2M Base Ontology ref.
07:12:49 [kaz]
fyi, there are specs on geolocation and device orientation
07:13:00 [DanhLePhuoc]
McCool: we don't need to have it ready by plugfest but we should mark it as a discussion item for the F2F discussion
07:13:30 [kaz]
i|geolocation|geolocation (https://www.w3.org/TR/geolocation-API/)|
07:13:36 [dsr]
a device icould be few centimetres away yet in another room!
07:14:11 [kaz]
i|device orientation|device orientation (https://www.w3.org/TR/orientation-event/)|
07:14:36 [kaz]
s/icould/could/
07:15:15 [kaz]
-> https://mjkoster.github.io/html/protocolbindings.html protocol binding template initial draft
07:16:13 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
07:16:18 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
07:16:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/23-wot-td-minutes.html kaz
07:16:23 [DanhLePhuoc]
sebastian: it would be great to show protocol binding of OCF in the next plugfest
07:16:47 [kaz]
Chair: Sebastian
07:18:39 [kaz]
i|mjkoster|topic: Protocol Binding Template|
07:18:42 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
07:18:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/23-wot-td-minutes.html kaz
07:19:48 [kaz]
s/There are some/... There are some/
07:20:02 [DanhLePhuoc]
victor: give me until next week to make the TD repository to online
07:21:02 [kaz]
i/it would be great/mjkoster: gives update on the initial draft of Protocol Binding Template/
07:21:10 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
07:21:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/23-wot-td-minutes.html kaz
07:21:46 [DanhLePhuoc]
sebastian: the repository can be searched via semantic API like SPARQL but can be done via full text format ...
07:22:04 [yongjing]
i have to drop due to other business. bye
07:22:31 [kaz]
topic: Plans for breakouts
07:22:52 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_9-13_July_2017,_D%C3%BCsseldorf,_Germany#Plenary_and_Breakouts f2f agenda topics
07:24:48 [DanhLePhuoc]
victor: I would propose the the topic: TD and links
07:25:03 [kaz]
s/the the/the/
07:25:47 [kaz]
sebasitan: (updates the agenda topics)
07:26:13 [kaz]
topic: Ongoing AIs
07:26:32 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/9 Issue 9 href in DataSchema
07:27:23 [kaz]
sebastian: (shows p3 of https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/images/9/9a/TD_version4Duesseldorf.pdf )
07:28:27 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/3 Issue 3 Namespaces used in TD/WoT ontology
07:29:51 [kaz]
q+
07:30:05 [McCool]
q- McCool
07:35:14 [kaz]
kaz: regarding the namespace discussion, we should refer to the decision we'll use https://www.w3.org/ns/td asn the experimental namespace for PlugFests until the final one is fixed (https://www.w3.org/2017/06/21-wot-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary
07:36:34 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/5 Issue 5 Adding Semantic Annotations to JSON Schema
07:37:38 [kaz]
mjkoster: can create a pullrequest to the current practices document based on my work
07:38:45 [kaz]
[adjourned]
07:38:48 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft mintues
07:38:48 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'draft mintues', kaz. Try /msg RRSAgent help
07:41:44 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
07:41:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/23-wot-td-minutes.html kaz
07:41:51 [kaz]
s/rrsagent, draft mintues//
07:41:53 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
07:41:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/23-wot-td-minutes.html kaz
08:38:43 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot-td
09:07:30 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot-td
09:40:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot-td
11:46:03 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot-td
13:34:11 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot-td
14:00:05 [taki]
taki has joined #wot-td
14:06:38 [taki]
taki has left #wot-td
15:23:52 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot-td
16:07:32 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot-td