IRC log of wot on 2017-06-23

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:57:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot
13:57:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/06/23-wot-irc
13:59:27 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
14:00:52 [taki]
taki has joined #wot
14:01:07 [MariaPoveda]
MariaPoveda has joined #wot
14:01:26 [kaz]
present+ Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Maria_Poveda, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Taki_Kamiya
14:02:43 [DanhLePhuoc]
DanhLePhuoc has joined #wot
14:03:28 [victor]
victor has joined #wot
14:03:41 [kaz]
Chair: Darko
14:04:25 [kaz]
present+ Aparna, Danh_Le_Phuoc, Victor_Charpenay
14:05:03 [mjkoster]
mjkoster has joined #wot
14:06:04 [achille_zappa]
achille_zappa has joined #wot
14:06:12 [DarkoAnicic]
DarkoAnicic has joined #wot
14:06:19 [aparna]
aparna has joined #wot
14:06:25 [DarkoAnicic]
present+ DarkoAnicic
14:06:32 [kaz]
scribenick: mjkoster
14:07:08 [McCool]
McCool has joined #wot
14:07:14 [McCool]
present+ Michael_McCool
14:08:40 [mjkoster]
topic: f2f prep and three technical topics
14:09:09 [mjkoster]
darko: who on the call is working on vocabularies?
14:09:32 [mjkoster]
maria: looking at mappings between SAREF and oneM2M
14:09:44 [McCool]
q+ mcCool
14:10:09 [mjkoster]
maria: seems like there are few classes in these models
14:10:27 [mjkoster]
mccool: working on OCF E-R diagram
14:10:59 [mjkoster]
dsr: looking at OCF, SAREF and how to create a bridging ontology
14:11:10 [DanhLePhuoc]
q+
14:11:53 [mjkoster]
dsr: has done the interaction model and ready for the next step
14:12:25 [MariaPoveda]
The mappings between SAREF and oneM2M are here https://goo.gl/aVG1q2 but there should be an updated version soon
14:12:33 [kaz]
q+
14:12:35 [mjkoster]
darko: we could start contributing these results
14:12:39 [MariaPoveda]
q+
14:13:36 [mjkoster]
darko: folders with examples in the link
14:13:57 [mjkoster]
darko: this is the place to contribute
14:14:39 [kaz]
q?
14:14:57 [DanhLePhuoc]
https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/linked-data
14:16:02 [DarkoAnicic]
Vocabularies: https://github.com/wot/blob/master/linked-data/linked-data-vocabularies.md
14:16:19 [MariaPoveda]
q-
14:17:06 [mjkoster]
(discussion on who can accelp and how to accept pull requests)
14:17:15 [mjkoster]
s/accepl/accept
14:18:13 [kaz]
kaz: have checked with the WoT Chairs and got OK to create a GitHub Team for the WoT IG Editors including Darko. So will create that Team on GitHub.
14:18:26 [mjkoster]
victor: updated current practices document
14:18:43 [mjkoster]
victor: working on exposing SSN information as wot things
14:19:15 [mjkoster]
darko: what do we want to demonstrate at the plugfest?
14:20:14 [mjkoster]
danh: do we want to do semantic alignment and mapping?
14:21:15 [mjkoster]
darko: we are just at the beginning and should start with something simple
14:21:18 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
14:21:29 [mjkoster]
darko: work toward a common set of terms
14:21:57 [mjkoster]
darko: so everyone can discover and integrate using common terms
14:22:39 [mjkoster]
dsr: even for simple scenarios there is a need for context, at least location to start with
14:22:48 [kaz]
q?
14:22:52 [kaz]
ack kaz
14:22:59 [kaz]
q+
14:23:22 [mjkoster]
darko: shall we define some scenarios and specific need for additional common vocabulary?
14:23:38 [mjkoster]
dsr: yes, that's the general idea
14:24:09 [mjkoster]
dsr: but be careful what we are trying to standardize vs. what we need to define for plugfest
14:24:27 [kaz]
ack dan
14:24:59 [mjkoster]
danh: work from concrete scenarios and what is available
14:25:20 [McCool]
q-
14:25:26 [mjkoster]
victor: has an outstanding PR with some of these concepts
14:25:56 [mjkoster]
danh: start with scenarios, then build recipes etc on top of that
14:26:30 [mjkoster]
victor: share screen with the PR material
14:27:26 [kaz]
q?
14:27:56 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/331 Pull Request 331 by Victor
14:27:59 [mjkoster]
victor: same table as shown in TD meeting, PR #331
14:29:20 [mjkoster]
victor: integrates many vocabularies including geospatial, etc.
14:29:53 [kaz]
q?
14:31:04 [mjkoster]
darko: need scenarios to be described, how to motivate people to implement the annotation
14:31:24 [mjkoster]
victor: the intention is that participants will annotate their TDs
14:32:07 [dsr]
present+ Dave_Raggett
14:32:27 [kaz]
ack k
14:32:32 [mjkoster]
kaz: how can we collaborate with TD and consolidate the discussion, can we have a joint call before the F2F?
14:33:45 [mjkoster]
mjkoster: need a follow-on discussion on the semantic annotation
14:33:56 [mjkoster]
topic: semantic processing
14:33:57 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
14:34:01 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:34:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/23-wot-minutes.html kaz
14:34:23 [mjkoster]
danh: bring up PR on screen
14:34:42 [kaz]
Meeting: WoT IG - TF-LD
14:35:21 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:35:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/23-wot-minutes.html kaz
14:37:25 [mjkoster]
danh: enable discovery using terms from different vocabularies
14:37:38 [mjkoster]
danh: based on a semantic bridge
14:37:56 [mjkoster]
danh: ontology to consolidate other ontologies
14:39:20 [mjkoster]
dsr: decoupled ontology development is more scalable, and can be harmonized using intermediary concepts in a bridging ontology
14:39:31 [mjkoster]
danh: like an integration context?
14:39:48 [mjkoster]
dsr: provide common concepts across ontologies
14:40:11 [mjkoster]
dsr: can't always map directly
14:40:50 [mjkoster]
danh: there are some different techniques for bridging
14:41:03 [kaz]
q+
14:41:22 [mjkoster]
dsr: looking at existing work e.g. inter-iot (reference?)
14:41:48 [mjkoster]
dang: maybe going different directions but targeting the same result
14:41:56 [mjkoster]
s/dang/danh
14:43:06 [mjkoster]
danh: using sub-class mapping rules developed for domain-specific models
14:44:21 [mjkoster]
dsr: a bridging ontology can be used for discovery, for adaptation there may be more logic involved e.g. translation
14:45:55 [mjkoster]
dsr: use concrete concepts like temperature, etc.
14:46:30 [dsr]
mapping may depend on the context, e.g. the data and metadata
14:46:32 [mjkoster]
danh: use common scenarios
14:46:45 [kaz]
q?
14:48:45 [dsr]
Inter-IoT http://www.inter-iot-project.eu/ have done a lot of work on mapping between IoT ontologies
14:49:14 [dsr]
They say: NTER-IoT aim is to design, implement and test a framework that will allow
14:49:14 [dsr]
interoperability among different Internet of Things (IoT) platforms.
14:49:35 [mjkoster]
victor: tools question?
14:49:35 [kaz]
q?
14:50:24 [victor]
I was asking about using the HyLAR JS reasoner (https://www.npmjs.com/package/hylar)
14:50:38 [mjkoster]
kaz: do we want to work with automatic ontology conversion?
14:51:56 [mjkoster]
danh: they don't try to convert ontologies but use rules for mapping
14:52:28 [mjkoster]
kaz: similar to the topic of binding template
14:52:57 [mjkoster]
danh: should use logic and reasoner to do the job at scale
14:53:37 [mjkoster]
kaz: matthias is proposing a separate protocol binding topic we can discuss on the next Wednesday call
14:53:43 [kaz]
ack k
14:54:59 [mjkoster]
danh: can demonstrate step by step process that makes it easier to understand
14:55:41 [mjkoster]
darko: third topic, recipes
14:56:38 [mjkoster]
darko: example of a recipe to turn on a light when motion is detected in a room
14:56:54 [DarkoAnicic]
Recipe: https://github.com/wot/blob/master/linked-data/thing-description-recipes.md
14:57:01 [kaz]
i/third topic/topic: Thing Description Recipes/
14:57:04 [mjkoster]
darko: json-ld example
14:57:14 [DarkoAnicic]
https://github.com/wot/tree/master/linked-data/contributions/thing-description-recipes
14:58:00 [mjkoster]
darko: please review and comment
14:58:13 [MariaPoveda]
q+
15:00:32 [mjkoster]
darko: defines the recipe for orchestrating the interaction capabilities of multiple devices
15:00:48 [mjkoster]
using iot.schema.org capabilities
15:01:29 [mjkoster]
maria: are the semantics included in the recipe or imported?
15:02:13 [mjkoster]
darko: the semantic annotation is included in the recipe, and is used to discover and configure
15:02:45 [mjkoster]
darko: comments?
15:03:42 [mjkoster]
dsr: this brings up the question of semantic composition vs. syntactic composition of interfaces?
15:05:18 [mjkoster]
darko: please contribute to these activities and review/comment
15:05:37 [mjkoster]
danh: will we still try to converge by the plugfest?
15:05:56 [mjkoster]
darko: yes, we hope to start the process of convergence
15:06:11 [kaz]
q+
15:06:16 [kaz]
ack M
15:06:17 [mjkoster]
darko: we need to drive toward involving all the participants
15:07:16 [mjkoster]
darko: time is short but we can make some demonstrations and a simple scenario with the motion sensor + light, temperature sensor + air conditioner
15:07:46 [mjkoster]
darko: follow up over email, no more telcos until F2F
15:08:06 [mjkoster]
darko: adjourn and thanks
15:08:29 [kaz]
[ adjourned ]
15:09:11 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:09:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/23-wot-minutes.html kaz
15:20:46 [elena]
elena has joined #wot
15:23:53 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot
15:49:32 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
16:01:28 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
16:07:33 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot
17:05:50 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
17:20:41 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
17:35:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot
17:38:28 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
18:22:29 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
18:44:15 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot