IRC log of wot on 2017-06-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:06:20 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot
12:06:20 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/06/21-wot-irc
12:07:15 [kaz]
presnet+ Michael_McCool, Zoltan_Kis, Barry_Leiba, Kaz_Ashimura, Kuniiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster, Nan_Wang, Tomoaki_Mizushima, ELena_Reshetova, Taki_Kamiya, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Yingying_Chen
12:07:17 [naka]
naka has joined #wot
12:07:21 [kaz]
zakim, pick a scribe
12:07:22 [Zakim]
I don't who is present, kaz
12:07:32 [kaz]
present+ Michael_McCool, Zoltan_Kis, Barry_Leiba, Kaz_Ashimura, Kuniiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster, Nan_Wang, Tomoaki_Mizushima, ELena_Reshetova, Taki_Kamiya, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Yingying_Chen
12:07:35 [kaz]
zakim, pick a scribe
12:07:35 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Barry_Leiba
12:07:51 [kaz]
zakim, pick a scribe
12:07:51 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Zoltan_Kis
12:08:08 [kaz]
s/presnet+ Michael_McCool, Zoltan_Kis, Barry_Leiba, Kaz_Ashimura, Kuniiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster, Nan_Wang, Tomoaki_Mizushima, ELena_Reshetova, Taki_Kamiya, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Yingying_Chen//
12:08:23 [mjkoster]
mjkoster has joined #wot
12:08:23 [zkis]
scribenick zkis
12:08:31 [kaz]
scribenick: zkis
12:08:38 [kaz]
scribe: Zoltan
12:08:42 [kaz]
Chair: McCool
12:08:48 [kaz]
meeting: WoT IG/WG
12:09:31 [zkis]
McCool: please register for the Duesseldorf F2F
12:09:40 [kaz]
Agenda: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda
12:10:39 [kaz]
s/Duesseldorf F2F/T2TRG meeting in Prague as well as the Dusseldorf F2F/
12:10:46 [ohura]
present+ Masato_Ohura
12:11:08 [kaz]
present+ Kazuaki_Nimura
12:11:10 [zkis]
McCool: added a few topics to cover in the tech landscape doc
12:11:30 [zkis]
... PR 326 in wot (IG) repo
12:11:44 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/326 pr 326
12:11:47 [tokuyama]
tokuyama has joined #wot
12:12:33 [zkis]
McCool: no presentations for this meeting
12:12:35 [kaz]
present+ Dave_Raggett
12:13:13 [zkis]
McCool: please update information for the next F2F
12:13:25 [DarkoAnicic]
DarkoAnicic has joined #wot
12:13:29 [DarkoAnicic]
present+ DarkoAnicic
12:13:40 [zkis]
... looking at the attendees, for some people affiliation is missing, please update
12:13:45 [kaz]
i|please register|topic: Quick updates|
12:14:01 [kaz]
i|no presentations|topic: Presentations|
12:14:16 [kaz]
i|please update|topic: F2F Logistics|
12:14:47 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201707/results registration results so far
12:15:39 [zkis]
sebastian: some people come only for the open day
12:16:20 [zkis]
dsr: some late registrants still pending
12:17:05 [zkis]
McCool: leaders of task forces to update the agendas for breakout sessions
12:18:45 [DarkoAnicic]
DarkoAnicic has joined #wot
12:19:25 [zkis]
kaz: security topics to be moved to the first days because attendee preferences
12:20:26 [zkis]
TF reports
12:20:37 [zkis]
TD task force report
12:20:37 [kaz]
s/TF/topic: TF/
12:21:02 [zkis]
sebastian: integrating all changes till Friday
12:21:12 [zkis]
... to be used on the plugfest
12:21:27 [zkis]
... slides presented about the changes
12:22:39 [zkis]
... removing all the plural keywords
12:22:48 [kaz]
present+ Keiichi_Tokuyama
12:23:26 [zkis]
sebastian: removed the valueType keyword
12:23:40 [zkis]
.... singular keywords may have array values
12:23:55 [zkis]
... implementation effort should be small
12:24:47 [zkis]
... about the usage of the semantics Darko and other will give later updates
12:24:57 [zkis]
s/other/others
12:25:14 [zkis]
... description for OCF protocol binding
12:25:42 [zkis]
... node-wot to be updated with these definitions
12:26:16 [zkis]
McCool: when the TD's will be updated for node-wot
12:26:21 [zkis]
sebastian: next week
12:26:38 [zkis]
mkoster: to submit an update to Current Practices
12:27:07 [zkis]
... further discussions pending about the implementation
12:27:22 [k_nimura]
k_nimura has joined #wot
12:27:53 [kaz]
present+ Katsuyoshi_Naka
12:28:32 [zkis]
sebastian: changes in Scripting API need to be reflected in the Current Practices doc as well
12:28:51 [zkis]
zkis: it is duplication, need to use link from the Current Practices
12:28:54 [DarkoAnicic]
DarkoAnicic has joined #wot
12:29:52 [zkis]
zkis: on the Scripting Call, we reviewed Nimura san's updated slides about Script Manager Thing interface
12:29:55 [kaz]
-> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2017Jun/0021.html Johannes's summary from the Scripting call on Jun. 19
12:30:32 [zkis]
topic: security
12:30:45 [zkis]
McCool: the security PR has been accepted
12:31:38 [kaz]
topic: Marketing/Communications
12:33:05 [zkis]
McCool: kaz to check what infra there is for web server
12:33:31 [zkis]
kaz: could also use W3C servers
12:35:46 [kaz]
s|could also|we can scripts on GitHub if the scripts are run on the client side as usual. on the other hand, if we need to use server-side script like Node.js, we could|
12:36:41 [zkis]
McCool: filling up F2F agenda
12:37:05 [yingying]
rrsagent, make minutes
12:37:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/21-wot-minutes.html yingying
12:40:09 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_9-13_July_2017,_D%C3%BCsseldorf,_Germany#Plenary_and_Breakouts f2f topics
12:40:23 [zkis]
topic: protocol binding implementation for the F2F
12:41:08 [zkis]
McCool: is node-wot an actual deliverable of the group
12:41:25 [kaz]
i|filling up|topic: F2F agenda|
12:41:33 [kaz]
q?
12:41:38 [zkis]
... we should turn node-wot into a deliverable, since then contributing would be easier
12:41:41 [kaz]
q+
12:41:48 [zkis]
ack kaz
12:42:32 [zkis]
kaz: comment about open source strategy
12:43:00 [zkis]
... there is expectation about implementation in the IG, and request from member for offshore impl
12:43:11 [zkis]
... need to talk to W3C management about that
12:43:31 [kaz]
s/offshore/W3C official/
12:43:42 [kaz]
s/need to/would like to/
12:44:50 [zkis]
zkis: dual MIT + W3C license would make sense
12:45:53 [kaz]
topic: TD namespace
12:47:08 [schuki]
schuki has joined #wot
12:47:35 [zkis]
McCool: any objections against doing experimental changes
12:47:41 [zkis]
no objections
12:48:55 [zkis]
DarkoAnicic: topic to be added for semantic annotations, then TD recipees, then semantic processing for WoT
12:49:17 [zkis]
... these are IG topics
12:49:28 [zkis]
... on the F2F
12:49:51 [kaz]
i|topic to be added|RESOLUTION: we will use https://www.w3.org/ns/td as the experimental name space for the WoT Thing Description until the final namespace (which could handle versioning) is fixed||
12:50:07 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:50:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/21-wot-minutes.html kaz
12:50:13 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
12:50:14 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:50:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/21-wot-minutes.html kaz
12:50:46 [kaz]
s/fixed|/fixed/
12:50:48 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:50:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/21-wot-minutes.html kaz
12:52:12 [kaz]
s/TD task force report/topic: Thing Description/
12:53:10 [zkis]
attaching names to the F2F topics
12:53:18 [kaz]
i|on the Scripting Call|topic: Scripting|
12:54:08 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_9-13_July_2017,_D%C3%BCsseldorf,_Germany#Plenary_and_Breakouts f2f topics
12:54:44 [zkis]
McCool: please edit the F2F agenda
12:55:20 [zkis]
... please add next agenda points to the stash
12:55:24 [zkis]
... meeting adjurned
12:55:33 [barryleiba]
barryleiba has left #wot
12:55:33 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:55:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/06/21-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:09:36 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
13:30:18 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
13:47:24 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
14:17:20 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
15:08:02 [youenn]
youenn has joined #wot
15:11:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot
15:18:48 [zkis]
zkis has joined #wot
15:37:27 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
15:56:23 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
17:40:12 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
17:45:15 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
18:11:15 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot