IRC log of sdwbp on 2017-05-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:30:28 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sdwbp
15:30:28 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-sdwbp-irc
15:30:29 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:30:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sdwbp
15:30:32 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SDW
15:30:32 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot
15:30:33 [trackbot]
Meeting: Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Teleconference
15:30:33 [trackbot]
Date: 10 May 2017
15:30:48 [phila]
present+
15:31:08 [eparsons]
Present+ eparsons
15:31:19 [AndreaPerego]
present+ AndreaPerego
15:31:20 [ByronCinNZ]
present+ ByronCinNZ
15:31:21 [jtandy]
present+ jtandy
15:31:23 [phila]
scribe: phila
15:31:27 [phila]
scribeNick: phila
15:31:56 [phila]
agenda: https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:BP-Telecon20170510
15:32:02 [phila]
chair: Jeremy
15:32:13 [tidoust]
present+ Francois
15:33:08 [billroberts]
present+ billroberts
15:33:35 [phila]
Topic: preliminaries
15:33:39 [jtandy]
Topic: approve minutes
15:33:41 [jtandy]
https://www.w3.org/2017/04/12-sdwbp-minutes
15:33:44 [jtandy]
+1
15:33:46 [eparsons]
+1
15:33:52 [billroberts]
+1
15:33:55 [AndreaPerego]
+1
15:33:56 [ClemensPortele]
+1
15:33:57 [ChrisLittle]
+1
15:34:15 [jtandy]
Topic: Patent CAll
15:34:22 [phila]
RESOLUTION: Previous minutes approved https://www.w3.org/2017/04/12-sdwbp-minutes
15:34:36 [eparsons]
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call
15:34:45 [AndreaPerego]
q+
15:34:57 [phila]
Topic: Sprint Status Review
15:34:58 [jtandy]
Topic: Sprint status review
15:35:10 [phila]
s/Topic: Sprint status review//
15:35:30 [jtandy]
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Detailed_planning_BP_document#Mid_March_-_end_of_April_2017:
15:35:32 [MattPerry]
MattPerry has joined #sdwbp
15:35:35 [phila]
jtandy: We did everything except the bits Josh was going to do in BP9
15:35:45 [MattPerry]
present+ MattPerry
15:35:49 [phila]
jtandy: I think having the plan like that has been helpful
15:35:58 [phila]
... Any questions on the sprint status?
15:35:58 [AndreaPerego]
q+ to say we've probably approved the wrong minutes - the last minutes should be here: https://www.w3.org/2017/04/26-sdwbp-minutes
15:35:59 [phila]
[None]
15:36:08 [phila]
ack a
15:36:08 [Zakim]
AndreaPerego, you wanted to say we've probably approved the wrong minutes - the last minutes should be here: https://www.w3.org/2017/04/26-sdwbp-minutes
15:36:40 [phila]
s/Previous minutes approved https://www.w3.org/2017/04/12-sdwbp-minutes/Previous minutes approved https://www.w3.org/2017/04/28-sdwbp-minutes
15:37:20 [phila]
s/Previous minutes approved https://www.w3.org/2017/04/28-sdwbp-minutes/Previous minutes approved https://www.w3.org/2017/04/26-sdwbp-minutes
15:37:34 [phila]
Topic: Remaining Issues
15:37:54 [jtandy]
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Abp
15:37:56 [phila]
jtandy: Not going to get a great deal of discussion as most have a PR associated with them.
15:38:02 [phila]
jtandy: These are the 4 BP issues
15:38:11 [jtandy]
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/237
15:38:36 [phila]
jtandy: This asks whether our list of file formats should include scientific file formats
15:38:49 [jtandy]
q?
15:38:53 [eparsons]
q+
15:39:05 [phila]
phila: DWBP avoided discussion of formats
15:39:12 [ChrisLittle]
Q+
15:39:19 [phila]
jtandy: We discussed this in Delft - and decided to include some.
15:39:29 [jtandy]
q?
15:39:35 [jtandy]
ack eparsons
15:39:36 [phila]
... Personally, I think that the scientific formats are difficult for general Web usage
15:40:07 [phila]
eparsons: I don't feel strongly, but ... remembering our primary audience. For that mass of people how important are scientific formats for them?
15:40:12 [phila]
jtandy: I agree
15:40:16 [jtandy]
ack ChrisLittle
15:40:44 [phila]
ChrisLittle: I suggest we put them as examples of how not to do it. Here are some formats with lots of data that are not accessible but used for good tech and historical reasons
15:41:09 [phila]
... That might be a nudge to owners of those data sets to offer something else
15:41:18 [phila]
eparsons: I'll be in St Johns for some of the meeting
15:41:23 [phila]
jtandy: Chris will be there.
15:41:25 [phila]
q?
15:41:43 [AndreaPerego]
q+
15:41:47 [jtandy]
ack AndreaPerego
15:41:47 [phila]
jtandy: I hear that we don't need to fix it right now. The wider Web community prob won't want those.
15:42:20 [phila]
AndreaPerego: I agree that we pro shouldn't include those in the table. But I'm concerned about saying this is a worst practice as it will open a can of worms.
15:42:35 [phila]
... Saying what you shouldn't do means providing evidence for why.
15:42:42 [phila]
jtandy: I also don't like saying this is bad.
15:43:07 [phila]
... What I think I hear from Chris is why you might not want to use the following list of sci formats.
15:43:11 [jtandy]
q?
15:43:21 [phila]
jtandy: Can you make a note ChrisLittle to say that in St Johns
15:43:31 [jtandy]
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/858
15:43:46 [phila]
jtandy: This is about the ack section.
15:43:51 [phila]
... Purely editorial.
15:44:07 [phila]
... We can tidy up the acknowledgement section. We can decide who is and isn't on the list
15:44:21 [jtandy]
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/869
15:44:29 [phila]
jtandy: There's a PR related to this
15:44:42 [phila]
... I put in a namespace table, Clemens suggested it wasn't very helpful.
15:44:44 [jtandy]
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/873
15:44:57 [phila]
jtandy: That's adding an id to each example so we can use it
15:45:27 [jtandy]
q?
15:45:46 [phila]
phila: Agh! I though ReSpec added IDs to examples
15:45:55 [jtandy]
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Detailed_planning_BP_document#Outstanding_public_comments
15:45:58 [phila]
Topic: Public comments
15:46:10 [phila]
jtandy: All done except the one marked for Linda to resolve.
15:46:13 [jtandy]
[Linda] This is on dataset discovery - it's not a direct comment but can be added as an example to the relevant BP
15:46:13 [jtandy]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-comments/2016Sep/0005.html
15:46:27 [phila]
jtandy: Linda had a look and said there wasn't really any change to make.
15:46:47 [AndreaPerego]
I agree.
15:46:49 [phila]
eparsons: I agree, it's more an FYI from Dan.
15:47:05 [jtandy]
q?
15:47:22 [jtandy]
Topic: Review pending Pull Requests for the BP doc
15:47:27 [phila]
jtandy: Next point is to review our pending pull requests
15:47:36 [ChrisLittle]
ChrisLittle has joined #Sdwbp
15:47:36 [jtandy]
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3Abp
15:47:48 [phila]
jtandy: from earliest to newest.
15:47:52 [jtandy]
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3Abp
15:47:55 [ChrisLittle]
present+ ChrisLittle
15:47:58 [phila]
... This is about namespaces and their prefixes
15:48:18 [phila]
jtandy: If we agree with these changes,then I can merge them straight away
15:48:19 [ChrisLittle]
+1
15:48:27 [AndreaPerego]
+1
15:48:45 [jtandy]
(largely) see here: https://rawgit.com/w3c/sdw/bp-edit-clemens-ns/bp/index.html#namespaces
15:49:02 [phila]
ClemensPortele: RDF and XML namespaces are different, so I split them into 2 different sections
15:49:07 [phila]
... I also did some corrections.
15:49:23 [phila]
... Around GeoSPARQL and GML
15:49:31 [phila]
... I split it into 23 sections and added an intro.
15:49:36 [phila]
s/23/s/
15:49:54 [phila]
ClemensPortele: I changed the namespaces, e.g. we had two bag namespaces
15:50:19 [phila]
s/I split it into s sections and added an intro/I split it into 2 sections and added an intro
15:50:32 [phila]
jtandy: If you look at the URL I pasted, you can see the raw git
15:50:43 [jtandy]
q?
15:51:05 [phila]
PROPOSED: To accept Clemene's pull request 870
15:51:22 [phila]
s/PROPOSED: To accept Clemene's pull request 870/PROPOSED: To accept Clemens' pull request 870
15:51:35 [jtandy]
+1
15:51:36 [ClemensPortele]
+1
15:51:37 [AndreaPerego]
+1
15:51:38 [ByronCinNZ]
+1
15:51:40 [eparsons]
+1
15:51:42 [MattPerry]
+1
15:51:47 [phila]
jtandy: I think it's a good piece of work and would like it included.
15:51:48 [ChrisLittle]
+1
15:52:00 [phila]
RESOLUTION: To accept Clemens' pull request 870
15:52:20 [phila]
jtandy: That merge has been made
15:52:21 [ChrisLittle]
s/Clemene/Clemence/
15:52:40 [jtandy]
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/pull/871
15:52:49 [phila]
jtandy: 871 is about unique thing for dctems
15:52:56 [ChrisLittle]
s/Clemence/Clemens/
15:53:10 [phila]
AndreaPerego: Main issue was that we've been using 3 different prefixes for dcterms
15:53:14 [phila]
q+
15:53:16 [ChrisLittle]
* Apple spell checker!
15:53:19 [jtandy]
q?
15:53:24 [jtandy]
ack phila
15:54:52 [LarsG]
LarsG has joined #sdwbp
15:54:53 [phila]
phila: Made some rambling comment about dcterms and dc not being the same - but all is well. dc:description and dcterms:description are the same
15:54:58 [jtandy]
https://www.w3.org/2011/rdfa-context/rdfa-1.1
15:55:07 [LarsG]
present+
15:55:46 [jtandy]
q?
15:55:46 [eparsons]
My DC goes to 11 !!!
15:56:01 [phila]
jtandy: Any more questions wrt Andrea's work on this?
15:56:17 [phila]
PROPOSED: Accept Andrea's pull request 871
15:56:19 [ClemensPortele]
+1
15:56:22 [jtandy]
+1
15:56:23 [eparsons]
+1
15:56:30 [MattPerry]
+1
15:56:37 [ByronCinNZ]
+1
15:56:55 [ChrisLittle]
+0
15:56:59 [billroberts]
+1
15:57:03 [AndreaPerego]
+1 (but I have a conflict of interests)
15:57:03 [phila]
RESOLUTION: Accept Andrea's pull request 871
15:57:34 [phila]
jtandy: I'm mnow merging PR 871
15:57:43 [phila]
s/mnow/now/
15:57:55 [jtandy]
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/pull/874
15:57:58 [phila]
jtandy: Pull Request 874
15:58:07 [phila]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:58:26 [phila]
AndreaPerego: This is about an example about referring to metadata published in a Web-friendly way.
15:58:42 [phila]
... The PR says it's about BP12 but actually it's about BP13 about metadata
15:58:50 [phila]
... Idea is to include it there.
15:59:04 [phila]
... It's about an API, work was done around GeoDCAT-AP
15:59:17 [phila]
... Uses CSVW interface.
15:59:34 [phila]
... Idea is to provide an example for using your geospatial catalogue in a Web-friendly way and in RDF
15:59:46 [phila]
jtandy: I believe the API is experimental but the practice is not.
15:59:49 [phila]
AndreaPerego: Yes.
15:59:52 [jtandy]
q?
16:00:10 [phila]
AndreaPerego: It's a thing that can be out on top of any CSW
16:00:17 [AndreaPerego]
s/CSVW/CSW/
16:00:21 [phila]
s/CSVW/CSW/
16:00:38 [phila]
jtandy: We should perhaps add a note that it's only about data APIs
16:00:49 [phila]
ClemensPortele: It seems clear with the example that we have there.
16:00:54 [phila]
... This is editorial.
16:01:29 [phila]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
16:01:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-sdwbp-minutes.html phila
16:02:46 [jtandy]
Add clarification about metadata API #880
16:02:52 [jtandy]
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/880
16:03:02 [phila]
jtandy: Assigned issue to Clemens
16:03:10 [jtandy]
q?
16:03:17 [phila]
... It's editorial, so I suggest we vote on accepting this PR
16:03:28 [phila]
PROPOSED: Accept Pull Request 874
16:03:31 [jtandy]
+1
16:03:33 [ClemensPortele]
+1
16:03:36 [ChrisLittle]
+1
16:03:37 [eparsons]
+1
16:03:37 [ByronCinNZ]
+1
16:03:38 [LarsG]
+1
16:03:39 [MattPerry]
+1
16:03:50 [phila]
RESOLUTION: Accept Pull Request 874
16:04:06 [phila]
jtandy: I am merging the pull request
16:04:13 [jtandy]
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/pull/875
16:04:14 [phila]
jtandy: Just 2 more to go
16:04:20 [ClemensPortele]
I have to leave now, but will vote +1 on the outstanding PRs and the release of the BP document
16:04:44 [phila]
AndreaPerego: We have a BP about making data indexable by search engines
16:04:51 [phila]
... We talk about using schema.org
16:05:04 [phila]
... My proposal is to add an additional pointer to some mapping exercises
16:05:18 [phila]
... mapping DCAT-PA and geoDCAT-AP to schema.org
16:05:34 [jtandy]
s/DCAT-PA/DCAT-AP/
16:05:42 [phila]
... It's an example of a mapping of an RDF vocab to schema.org
16:05:51 [phila]
jtandy: This is just an additional Green Note
16:05:56 [phila]
... (non-normative)
16:06:04 [jtandy]
q?
16:06:09 [phila]
jtandy: If you click on the file change it's small and self-contained
16:06:16 [jtandy]
q?
16:06:27 [phila]
PROPOSED: Accept Pull request 875
16:06:29 [ChrisLittle]
+1
16:06:33 [jtandy]
+1
16:06:34 [eparsons]
+1
16:06:35 [ByronCinNZ]
+1
16:06:36 [MattPerry]
+1
16:06:44 [phila]
Resolution: Accept Pull request 875
16:06:48 [LarsG]
+1
16:06:56 [phila]
jtandy: Merging now...
16:07:06 [jtandy]
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/pull/879
16:07:12 [phila]
jtandy: Last one is 879
16:07:55 [phila]
tidoust: Just to satisfy PubRules. There were some markup errors and some encoding issues. We prefer Unicode Form-C apparently
16:08:01 [phila]
... There's a mistake in my...
16:08:17 [phila]
... There's a reference to the SKOS primer, so I forced it.
16:08:31 [jtandy]
q?
16:08:31 [phila]
... Both minor things from a PubRules perspective
16:08:36 [phila]
jtandy: Any questions?
16:08:49 [phila]
PROPOSED: Accept PR 879
16:08:56 [jtandy]
+1
16:08:57 [ChrisLittle]
+1
16:08:59 [phila]
+1
16:09:00 [LarsG]
+1
16:09:00 [MattPerry]
+1
16:09:01 [ByronCinNZ]
+1
16:09:02 [AndreaPerego]
+1
16:09:04 [eparsons]
+1
16:09:10 [phila]
RESOLUTION: Accept PR 879
16:09:18 [phila]
jtandy: Merging now
16:09:28 [jtandy]
https://github.com/w3c/sdw/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3Abp
16:09:38 [phila]
jtandy: That's an empty list of pull requests
16:09:46 [jtandy]
Vote to release a 'final' Working Draft of the Spatial Data on the Web Best Practice Note
16:09:51 [jtandy]
Topic: Vote to release a 'final' Working Draft of the Spatial Data on the Web Best Practice Note
16:10:02 [phila]
q+
16:10:11 [jtandy]
ack phila
16:10:56 [phila]
phila: Is this the final, final vote?
16:11:17 [phila]
jtandy: There are bound to be comments/typos etc. from the TC review
16:12:29 [phila]
phila: Just clarifies - we're now in the hands of the OGC formal process for a BP doc
16:12:39 [phila]
... There is no equivalent for this doc at W3C
16:13:05 [phila]
jtandy: From our POV, this is the final version, modulo any substantive changes that come back from the TC process.
16:13:18 [phila]
eparsons: We'll need to deal with those of course.
16:13:29 [phila]
jtandy: This is like an extensive piece of outreach work
16:14:13 [phila]
phila: So you want to publish this in /TR space
16:14:22 [phila]
jtandy: Yes, so Scott can point to it
16:14:25 [jtandy]
q?
16:14:38 [phila]
jtandy: Any questions about the doc in its current state?
16:14:47 [jtandy]
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Detailed_planning_BP_document#May_-_June_2017:
16:14:52 [phila]
... At the bottom of the detailed planning doc
16:15:07 [phila]
... There's a discussion about adding ORCIDs
16:15:14 [phila]
... We'll do that as and when
16:15:14 [jtandy]
q?
16:15:25 [jtandy]
q?
16:15:26 [phila]
... So, again, any comments or questions?
16:15:27 [phila]
[None]
16:16:53 [eparsons]
PROPOSED: That the editors draft of the Best Practice doc at https://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/ be published by W3C and OGC as Final Public Draft.
16:17:49 [eparsons]
PROPOSED: That the editors draft of the Best Practice doc at https://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/ be published by W3C and OGC as Final Public Working Draft Note
16:18:05 [phila]
s/Draft Note/Draft\/Note/
16:18:19 [jtandy]
on behalf of Clemens, Payam, Bart, Linda and Simon :: +1
16:18:23 [eparsons]
+1
16:18:27 [ByronCinNZ]
+1
16:18:27 [jtandy]
+1
16:18:28 [MattPerry]
+1
16:18:29 [AndreaPerego]
+1
16:18:29 [ChrisLittle]
+1
16:18:31 [LarsG]
+1
16:18:31 [billroberts]
+1
16:18:39 [tidoust]
+1
16:19:01 [phila]
RESOLUTION: That the editors draft of the Best Practice doc at https://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/ be published by W3C and OGC as Final Public Working Draft/Note
16:19:05 [tidoust]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
16:19:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-sdwbp-minutes.html tidoust
16:19:10 [eparsons]
Congratulations and Thanks to the Editors !!!
16:19:25 [ChrisLittle]
clap clap clap!!
16:19:31 [LarsG]
Well done, editors!
16:19:31 [phila]
resolution: Vote of thanks to Jeremy, Linda and the major contributors
16:19:38 [tidoust]
q+
16:19:44 [jtandy]
Topic: Details for OGC TC webinar to introduce SDW BP doc prior to TC vote
16:19:54 [AndreaPerego]
Many, many thanks for the hard work done by the Editors!
16:19:57 [jtandy]
ack tidoust
16:20:08 [phila]
tidoust: Just to clarify that I'll ask for publication tomorrow for W3C
16:20:29 [jtandy]
Topic: Details for OGC TC webinar to introduce SDW BP doc prior to TC vote
16:20:31 [phila]
jtandy: Moans about having to use simplified English. +1 from the scribe
16:20:39 [jtandy]
https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings#SDW_Best_Practice_Webinar
16:20:58 [jtandy]
Date: 15-May-2017 Time: 14:00 UTC Videoconference: Goto Meeting
16:21:02 [phila]
jtandy: You'll see that in order to begin the OGC TC vote, we start with a Go To Webinar
16:21:21 [phila]
... As far as I'm aware, it's just a quick run through what the doc is?
16:21:32 [phila]
eparsons: Think of it as an extended elevator pitch.
16:21:39 [phila]
jtandy: That's at 14:00 UTC on Monday
16:22:30 [phila]
jtandy: Who will try and be there?
16:22:31 [eparsons]
-1
16:22:36 [ByronCinNZ]
+1
16:22:38 [ChrisLittle]
probably me
16:22:40 [LarsG]
-1
16:22:41 [phila]
phila: Is very sorry but I can't
16:22:47 [billroberts]
-1
16:23:12 [phila]
eparsons: It's not designed for us, it's for everyone else.
16:23:18 [jtandy]
q?
16:23:21 [phila]
Topic: AOB
16:23:23 [jtandy]
Topic: AOB
16:23:30 [phila]
s/Topic: AOB//
16:24:00 [phila]
eparsons: I'd like to formally express thanks to you, Jeremy and Linda for all the huge amount of work you've done. That on behalf of myself and Kerry
16:24:03 [ChrisLittle]
+1
16:24:05 [phila]
+1 from phila
16:24:08 [billroberts]
+1
16:24:10 [AndreaPerego]
+1
16:24:10 [jtandy]
q?
16:24:11 [LarsG]
+1
16:24:14 [MattPerry]
+1
16:24:29 [phila]
jtandy: I see no reason for another BP sub group call
16:25:13 [phila]
jtandy: Thanks to everyone who has contributed. Notably Andrea, Clemens and Bill.
16:25:17 [jtandy]
q?
16:25:36 [ByronCinNZ]
Thanks
16:25:39 [jtandy]
bye
16:25:43 [ChrisLittle]
bye
16:25:46 [LarsG]
Cheerio
16:25:48 [tidoust]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
16:25:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-sdwbp-minutes.html tidoust
16:25:50 [eparsons]
bye
16:26:10 [phila]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:26:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-sdwbp-minutes.html phila
16:26:18 [AndreaPerego]
Bye!
16:26:21 [phila]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
16:26:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-sdwbp-minutes.html phila
16:26:39 [phila]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
16:26:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-sdwbp-minutes.html phila
16:28:14 [phila]
regrets+ Linda, Simon, Payam, Scott, Bart
16:28:18 [phila]
RRSAgent, draft minutes v2
16:28:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/05/10-sdwbp-minutes.html phila
19:01:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sdwbp