IRC log of silver on 2017-04-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:34:42 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #silver
13:34:42 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-irc
13:34:44 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:34:44 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #silver
13:34:46 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
13:34:46 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
13:34:47 [trackbot]
Meeting: Silver Task Force Teleconference
13:34:47 [trackbot]
Date: 18 April 2017
13:35:10 [SarahHorton]
zakim, clear agenda
13:35:11 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
13:35:18 [SarahHorton]
Scribe: Sarah
13:35:58 [SarahHorton]
present+ Jemma
13:36:02 [SarahHorton]
present+ Jeanne
13:36:21 [SarahHorton]
present+ PeteMcNally
13:37:05 [SarahHorton]
agenda+ Check in with Pete McNally
13:37:17 [SarahHorton]
zakim, take up item 1
13:37:17 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Check in with Pete McNally" taken up [from SarahHorton]
13:40:31 [jemma]
jemma has joined #silver
13:41:18 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Shared preview of survey
13:41:28 [SarahHorton]
Plan to send out in a few weeks
13:42:33 [SarahHorton]
present+ SukilKim
13:43:04 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Survey is aimed at UX role, first question is to define role
13:43:27 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Next question about how long in field
13:43:57 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Next, how much does accessibility figure in position
13:45:42 [SarahHorton]
Sarah: Add question about how much time spent on accessibility
13:45:52 [SarahHorton]
Jeanne: Concern about number of questions
13:46:16 [SarahHorton]
present+ Jennison
13:47:31 [SarahHorton]
Jennison: Has seen time question as percentage of time, how much of your time is spent
13:48:52 [jemma_]
jemma_ has joined #silver
13:49:22 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Describe how you are involved with accessibility, free text input
13:49:39 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Getting more description there
13:50:19 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Trying to make the text input bigger, so it's multi-line
13:51:21 [SarahHorton]
Pete: How do you learn about accessibility topics, want to see if they have go-to places
13:51:42 [SarahHorton]
Jennison: Ask whether they have people they do to, "colleague"
13:52:02 [SarahHorton]
s/do/go
13:52:38 [SarahHorton]
Jeanne: Would be helpful to create subset of questions, e.g., demographic questions, that we could include on every survey
13:53:07 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Are you familiar with WCAG guidelines, yes/no
13:53:38 [SarahHorton]
Pete: There's not skip logic currently, but may skip past next questions about the guidelines if they say no
13:54:17 [SarahHorton]
Pete: How well does the structure support learning and remembering?
13:55:11 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Question is from the Silver research questions
13:55:51 [SarahHorton]
Pete: This will be a good prompt for interviews
13:56:36 [SarahHorton]
Jennison: Would be good to interview people who are and aren't using WCAG
13:57:38 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Which guidelines are most important to you, people who aren't as familiar might have different ways to remember and reference guidelines
13:58:11 [SarahHorton]
Jemma: Which are important to you in your work? Might be good to add context
13:59:17 [SarahHorton]
Pete: When you're engaged in your work activities, will make this more specific
14:01:38 [SarahHorton]
Sukil: Should we be asking a question about which device the person is using to complete the survey?
14:03:16 [MichaelC_]
MichaelC_ has joined #silver
14:03:41 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Sounds like there will another survey that is focused on accessibility issues for people with disabilities
14:04:06 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Could gather more information about what platform people are working on
14:04:26 [SarahHorton]
s/working on/working in
14:05:06 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Will add a question to the demographic questions
14:06:05 [SarahHorton]
Pete: How can the guidelines be improved to help respondent do their job
14:07:12 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Last question, asking if respondent is interested in phone interview
14:08:24 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Will go back to goals and make sure not missing key questions, also balancing length of survey
14:10:27 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Will map survey questions to research questions in Google doc
14:11:32 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Does not have schedule, will want to get it out fairly soon, end of month
14:12:05 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Has a couple of ways to reach out on mailing lists
14:12:29 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Also LinkedIn, Bentley network, students from classes
14:12:37 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Open to other suggestions
14:13:08 [SarahHorton]
Jennison: Will help get the word out through meetups
14:13:45 [SarahHorton]
Jennison: Can also share at work
14:14:33 [SarahHorton]
Jeanne: Can filter stakeholder list and share with Pete
14:15:15 [SarahHorton]
Jeanne: First need to send follow-up to stakeholders
14:15:46 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Please look at intro text to make sure it's correct
14:16:24 [SarahHorton]
action: Jeanne to review Pete's survey and follow up with Pete
14:16:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-82 - Review pete's survey and follow up with pete [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-04-25].
14:17:15 [SarahHorton]
Pete: Will update the survey and follow up with Sarah
14:18:14 [SarahHorton]
Jemma: Question about which guidelines are most helpful to work is very interesting
14:18:41 [SarahHorton]
Jeanne: Would be a good question to have on all surveys
14:19:29 [jemma_]
jemma: I am really excited about finding out answers on which guidelines are most important to UX professionals!
14:19:31 [SarahHorton]
Sarah: Meeting with MSU team this week
14:19:56 [jemma_]
jemma: no update from my research partners
14:20:26 [jemma_]
jeanne: does Jan have any updates?
14:21:00 [SarahHorton]
Sarah: Will reach out to Jan
14:21:37 [SarahHorton]
Jemma: What should be the procedure for posting research questions
14:21:55 [SarahHorton]
Jeanne: Let's put that on Friday agenda
14:22:22 [SarahHorton]
Jemma: Will send Jeanne email with discussion topic
14:23:00 [SarahHorton]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:23:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-minutes.html SarahHorton
14:23:07 [SarahHorton]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:23:41 [SarahHorton]
regrets+ Shawn
14:23:47 [SarahHorton]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:23:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-minutes.html SarahHorton
14:24:43 [SarahHorton]
chair: Jeanne
14:25:04 [SarahHorton]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:25:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-minutes.html SarahHorton
14:27:16 [SarahHorton]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:30:24 [SarahHorton]
rrsagent, bye
14:30:24 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-actions.rdf :
14:30:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeanne to review Pete's survey and follow up with Pete [1]
14:30:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/04/18-silver-irc#T14-16-24