IRC log of wot on 2017-02-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

08:51:15 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot
08:51:15 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-wot-irc
09:02:09 [kaz]
Meeting: WoT Chairs
09:02:16 [kaz]
present+ Kaz, Michael
09:02:22 [kaz]
regrets+ Matthias
09:06:21 [kaz]
present+ Yongjing
09:07:15 [kaz]
Chair: McCool
09:07:32 [kaz]
topic: Agenda
09:08:52 [yongjing]
yongjing has joined #wot
13:05:30 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot
13:05:30 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-wot-irc
13:05:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wot
13:05:50 [dsr]
chair: Matthias
13:05:59 [mkovatsc]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#22_Feb_2017
13:06:04 [dsr]
meeting: WoT IG telecon
13:06:22 [dsr]
agenda: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#22_Feb_2017
13:06:23 [cvelasco_Fraunhofer]
cvelasco_Fraunhofer has joined #wot
13:06:29 [kaz]
present+ Kaz
13:06:44 [mkovatsc]
s/WoT IG/Joint WoT IG-WG/
13:06:47 [mjkoster]
mjkoster has joined #wot
13:07:02 [mkovatsc]
present+ Matthias_Kovatsch
13:07:34 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:07:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:08:37 [mkovatsc]
q?
13:08:37 [DarkoAnicic]
scribe: DarkoAnicic
13:08:52 [jhund]
jhund has joined #wot
13:09:04 [jhund]
present+ Johannes_Hund
13:09:16 [McCool]
Present+ McCool
13:09:33 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
13:09:35 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:09:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:10:01 [McCool]
Kaz: maybe send a quick email reminder to Fernando?
13:10:23 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: today we have two external presentations: one from Konca Minolta and another one related to the WoT ontology
13:10:57 [philipackermann]
philipackermann has joined #wot
13:11:53 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: we need a press realise and a blog post etc. to show the WG started to work - there will be a meeting organized
13:14:03 [McCool]
q+
13:15:16 [McCool]
never mind, audio not working
13:15:17 [McCool]
carry on
13:15:26 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: there exist 4 mailing lists at the moment. We need to reduce a number of emails by organizing the communication.
13:15:39 [kaz]
[ present: Kaz, Carlos, Darko, Dave, Fent, Kajimoto, Naka, Nimura, Toumura, Ohura, Matej, Matthias, MKoster, McCool, Philip, Yamada, Taki, Tokuyama, Victor, Yongjing ]
13:16:18 [McCool]
anyhow, I was going to say we discussing creating an Editor's mailing list (actually, will have Editors and Chairs)
13:16:39 [McCool]
specifically to cover organizational topics related to editing the drafts
13:17:20 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: for instance we can publish first on the members-only WG list, and once we have an agreement or a proposal, then we can publish it on the public mailing list.
13:17:33 [yingying]
yingying has joined #wot
13:17:46 [McCool]
generally better to use github issues for "sticky" topics
13:17:59 [DarkoAnicic]
kajimoto: I would like to create a mailing list for the architecture deliverable.
13:18:06 [yingying]
present+ Yingying_Chen
13:18:21 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: this is an old issue: mailing list vs. GitHub issue
13:18:38 [DarkoAnicic]
Topic: Presentation from Konica Minolta
13:19:42 [DarkoAnicic]
Presenter: Matej Dusik
13:20:11 [DarkoAnicic]
Presenter II: Carlos A Velasco
13:22:47 [kaz]
[ present+ Nan_Wang ]
13:25:12 [DarkoAnicic]
project "Cognitive Hub" presented
13:26:43 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:26:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:27:03 [jhund]
q+
13:27:05 [mkovatsc]
q?
13:27:18 [mkovatsc]
ack McCool
13:28:10 [DarkoAnicic]
jhund: very interesting presentation. What kind of protocols do you support? What kind of Things can be connected to?
13:28:11 [cvelasco_Fraunhofer]
q+
13:28:25 [jhund]
ack jhund
13:28:31 [kaz]
q?
13:28:37 [DarkoAnicic]
Matej Dusik: we would like to support the W3C WoT
13:28:41 [McCool_]
McCool_ has joined #wot
13:28:45 [McCool_]
present+ McCool
13:29:16 [DarkoAnicic]
Matej Dusik: different Things can be connected over our semantic platform
13:29:34 [kaz]
q+ to ask if Matej can send these slides to the group list
13:29:51 [McCool_]
q+
13:29:58 [DarkoAnicic]
Matej Dusik: we are currently driven by different use cases
13:29:59 [kaz]
q?
13:30:04 [kaz]
ack cvel
13:30:59 [DarkoAnicic]
Carlos: introducing himself, we are working on topics like semantics, WoT
13:31:41 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: you are invited to give a short presentation on your work, activities etc.
13:31:43 [kaz]
ack kaz
13:31:43 [Zakim]
kaz, you wanted to ask if Matej can send these slides to the group list
13:32:08 [kaz]
ack Mc
13:32:13 [DarkoAnicic]
kaz: Matej, could you please send the presented slides?
13:32:27 [DarkoAnicic]
Matej: yes.
13:33:01 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: why did you choose Lora.
13:33:46 [DarkoAnicic]
Matej: Low maintenance, low power
13:34:25 [McCool]
McCool has joined #wot
13:34:33 [McCool]
present+ McCool
13:34:44 [DarkoAnicic]
jhund: you are invited to participate in our Plug Fests to test the interoperability
13:34:57 [mkovatsc]
q?
13:35:13 [kaz]
q?
13:35:14 [McCool]
never mind, stupid network
13:35:44 [DarkoAnicic]
Topic: The WoT Ontology
13:35:57 [Yongjing_]
Yongjing_ has joined #wot
13:36:15 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias:Since Fernando is not present, we will skip the presentation
13:36:54 [DarkoAnicic]
Jhund: we have a new repo. Zoltan will provide the access. Email notification will be provided.
13:37:01 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/2017/02/20-wot-minutes.html Scripting minutes
13:37:39 [mkovatsc]
q?
13:37:41 [mkovatsc]
q+
13:38:35 [kaz]
[ present+ Fernando ]
13:38:49 [kaz]
[ present+ Maria ]
13:39:21 [DarkoAnicic]
jhund: IG space will be merged with the new repo and the current content will be freezed, and a visitor will be forwarded to the new repo.
13:39:54 [kaz]
q+
13:40:00 [jhund]
s/ Zoltan will provide the access/ Zoltan will provide a strawman for the ED, we still no access yet/
13:40:10 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: we should delete the old (current) content in order not to confuse visitors (it will not be deleted anyway, in case it is needed).
13:40:42 [ryuichi]
ryuichi has joined #wot
13:43:41 [McCool]
McCool: beside moving "normative" details out, I think we also need to work on outlines for each document
13:45:41 [kaz]
ack k
13:46:38 [DarkoAnicic]
I have updateed the architecture document (from the IG work) to be used in the WG
13:46:56 [DarkoAnicic]
s/I have updateed the architecture document (from the IG work) to be used in the WG/ kajimoto: I have updateed the architecture document (from the IG work) to be used in the WG
13:48:25 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: we should ensure that the most recent template is used in docs
13:48:33 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wotwg/tree/master/architecture wot architecture tentative area
13:48:50 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture wot architecture final area
13:50:00 [mpoveda]
mpoveda has joined #wot
13:52:10 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: in the work on the architecture we want to cover, apart from device to clould comm., also other scenarious, e.g., Thing to Thing interactions etc. Currently we don't have a separate call for the architecture work, email communication is crrently used.
13:54:02 [DarkoAnicic]
Carlos: could we organize the work more clearly regarding where and how to contribute?
13:54:34 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: the input has been inhereted from the IG. We now use the WG list.
13:54:59 [mkovatsc]
q?
13:55:06 [DarkoAnicic]
Topic: The WoT Ontology
13:55:07 [mkovatsc]
ack mkovatsc
13:55:27 [DarkoAnicic]
Presenters: Maria and Fernando
13:55:49 [sebastian]
sebastian has joined #wot
13:55:57 [kaz]
i|Ontology|[ all the 4 deliverable documents are WG deliverables, so should be handle on the WG side. ]|
13:56:27 [sebastian]
present+ sebastian_kaebisch
13:56:34 [kaz]
s/documents/documents (WoT Architecture, TD, Scripting, Binding Templates)/
13:59:15 [kaz]
[ present+ Matsukura, Yingying ]
14:05:50 [DarkoAnicic]
Maria: we extracted requirements from the Current Practise document, and provided an OWL ontology and HTML documentation for the ontology
14:06:19 [DarkoAnicic]
Maria: the outcome is online and avilable for comments
14:07:29 [mkovatsc]
q?
14:07:52 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:07:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-wot-minutes.html kaz
14:09:21 [mkovatsc]
q+
14:09:26 [sebastian]
q+
14:09:40 [DarkoAnicic]
mjkoster: how to link this ontology with other domain specific ontologies?
14:10:21 [victor]
victor has joined #wot
14:10:31 [victor]
q+
14:10:39 [DarkoAnicic]
Maria: we will work on showing how to use the ontology w.r.t example use cases
14:13:16 [Yongjing]
q+
14:13:33 [mkovatsc]
ack mkovatsc
14:13:37 [mkovatsc]
ack sebastian
14:15:01 [DarkoAnicic]
sebastian: small modifications are needed to be align with the current TD model.
14:15:08 [DarkoAnicic]
q+
14:15:52 [DarkoAnicic]
sebastian: shell we consider the work as a starting work for the model representation?
14:17:24 [DarkoAnicic]
sebastian: Maria, you are invited to the TD discussion on the basic model.
14:17:37 [kaz]
q?
14:17:38 [mkovatsc]
ack sebastian
14:17:46 [mkovatsc]
ack sebastian
14:17:51 [mkovatsc]
ack victor
14:18:38 [mkovatsc]
q+
14:25:06 [naka_]
naka_ has joined #wot
14:26:18 [kaz]
s/shell we/shall we/
14:27:15 [mkovatsc]
q?
14:27:20 [mkovatsc]
ack Yongjing
14:28:16 [cvelasco_Fraunhofer]
Sorry, I have to leave
14:28:32 [mjkoster]
q+
14:29:16 [McCool]
I don't think there is any particular reason to try to divorce things from RDF
14:29:34 [McCool]
at least its basic "triples" methodology
14:29:47 [DarkoAnicic]
Yongjing: if take this as a starting work on the basic model representation, then we should be aware that this representation is bound to RDF
14:30:22 [mkovatsc]
q?
14:30:28 [McCool]
but not really to any specific serialization; that indeed should not matter, but I don't see evidence it does
14:30:53 [kaz]
s/Fent/Feng/
14:30:57 [McCool]
anyhow, I don't think we want to reinvent semantic technologies; we want to build on what's there already
14:34:15 [mkovatsc]
ack DarkoAnicic
14:34:54 [McCool]
useful <-> what are the use cases?
14:35:12 [McCool]
eg. validation, bridging, etc.
14:38:02 [mkovatsc]
ack mkovatsc
14:38:08 [mkovatsc]
ack mjkoster
14:39:14 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:39:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/02/22-wot-minutes.html kaz