IRC log of wot on 2017-01-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:58:31 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot
12:58:31 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-irc
12:59:31 [kaz]
Meeting: Web of Things IG
12:59:44 [kaz]
Agenda: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_11_January_2017
13:00:04 [kaz]
presnet+ Kaz_Ashimura, Feng_Zhang, Michael_McCool
13:00:08 [yingying_]
yingying_ has joined #wot
13:00:52 [mkovatsc]
mkovatsc has joined #wot
13:01:47 [kaz]
present+ Matthias_Kovatsch
13:01:58 [kaz]
present+ Daniel_Peintner
13:02:03 [davu]
davu has joined #wot
13:02:07 [kaz]
present+ Darko_Anicic
13:02:15 [kaz]
present+ Uday_Davluru
13:02:36 [sebastian]
sebastian has joined #wot
13:02:36 [kaz]
s/Davluru/Davuluru/
13:02:49 [katsu]
katsu has joined #wot
13:02:50 [yongjing]
yongjing has joined #wot
13:02:54 [kaz]
present+ Masato_Ohura, Yingying_Chen
13:03:03 [dape]
dape has joined #wot
13:03:12 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
13:03:23 [kaz]
present+ Sebastian_Kaebisch
13:03:36 [DarkoAnicic]
DarkoAnicic has joined #wot
13:03:37 [masato]
masato has joined #wot
13:03:43 [taki]
taki has joined #wot
13:03:51 [mkovatsc]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_11_January_2017
13:03:58 [DarkoAnicic]
present+ DarkoAnicic
13:03:59 [McCool]
present+ Michael McCool
13:04:31 [dape]
present+ Daniel_Peintner
13:04:44 [mkovatsc]
present+ Matthias_Kovatsch
13:04:57 [DarkoAnicic]
scribe: DarkoAnicic
13:05:44 [mkovatsc]
Any agenda bashing?
13:05:54 [DarkoAnicic]
Agenda: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_11_January_2017
13:06:34 [rrware]
present+ Ryan_Ware
13:06:44 [yongjing]
my webEx is loading extremely slow
13:07:18 [mkovatsc]
okay, had that earlier today.. we wait for you
13:08:20 [katsu]
present+ Katsuyoshi_Naka
13:08:44 [yamada_]
yamada_ has joined #wot
13:09:09 [kaz]
present+ Ryan_Ware, Takeshi_Yamada, Takuki_Kamiya
13:09:16 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft mintues
13:09:16 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'draft mintues', kaz. Try /msg RRSAgent help
13:09:22 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:09:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:09:29 [kaz]
s/rrsagent, draft mintues//
13:09:30 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:09:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:10:03 [kaz]
Chair: Matthias, Yongjing
13:10:24 [kaz]
present+ Kaz_Ashimura, Feng_Zhang, Michael_McCool
13:10:29 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:10:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:10:42 [Frank]
Frank has joined #wot
13:11:15 [kaz]
present+ Yongjing_Zhang
13:11:23 [DarkoAnicic]
Topic: Quick Updates
13:11:31 [tokuyama_keiichi]
tokuyama_keiichi has joined #wot
13:11:49 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: we have WG pages, please have a look
13:12:02 [yingying_]
present+ Yingying_Chen
13:12:11 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: any update since the last call?
13:13:08 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: there was a progress on colaboration with Industry 4.0.
13:13:11 [kaz]
i/we have/scribe: DarkoAnicic/
13:13:16 [DarkoAnicic]
yes, kaz
13:13:27 [DarkoAnicic]
np
13:13:30 [McCool]
q+
13:13:57 [DarkoAnicic]
McCool: are there any IP issue to colaborate with I4.0
13:14:35 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: it is still unclear, but we are working on this.
13:15:08 [mkovatsc]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/
13:16:16 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: W3C stuff and the WG chair had a call where issues related to the web page were discussed
13:16:48 [McCool]
comment from McCool: still have some basic content to generate for the WG page, I see
13:17:13 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: regarding GitHub, it is nice to have one repo per deliverable, fine tagging etc.
13:18:05 [DarkoAnicic]
kaz: we should have a new Git repository for the WG. Additionally we can copy certain content from the IG repo.
13:19:38 [kaz]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/
13:19:54 [DarkoAnicic]
McCool: the existing IG repo still have a number of issues and other material that requires care
13:20:16 [DarkoAnicic]
s/requires/require
13:21:25 [DarkoAnicic]
ACTION: kaz to do an initial clean up of the pages
13:21:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-85 - Do an initial clean up of the pages [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2017-01-18].
13:22:48 [mkovatsc]
https://github.com/w3c/wotwg
13:23:54 [DarkoAnicic]
This is the repository where we will create issues. We should have also a top page summing up issues etc.
13:24:02 [kaz]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/
13:24:26 [mkovatsc]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/ --> https://github.com/orgs/w3c/teams/wotwg/repositories broken
13:24:37 [yongjing]
https://github.com/orgs/w3c/teams/wotwg/repositories
13:25:20 [DarkoAnicic]
Maathias: this is the page where the repositories will be listed but they do not exist yet
13:25:33 [yongjing]
we can put https://github.com/w3c/wotwg intstead
13:26:52 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/webperf/ Web Performance page as an example
13:27:21 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wotwg/issues/1 GitHub issue on the WoT WG page
13:27:59 [DarkoAnicic]
Topic: WG Calls
13:29:12 [yongjing]
q+
13:29:18 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: we need 2 type of calls: one joint call with IG and another one for the WG
13:29:39 [kaz]
q?
13:29:46 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: we need an additional time slot. Your opinion?
13:31:06 [DarkoAnicic]
yongjing: we can start with WG calls and at the later parts of these calls we can spare some time for IG topics. Hard to find a dedicated slot for IG calls
13:31:13 [kaz]
present+ Keiichi_Tokuyama
13:31:21 [kaz]
ack m
13:31:24 [kaz]
ack y
13:31:36 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: +1 to yongjing's proposal
13:32:00 [kaz]
present+ Frank_Reusch
13:32:09 [mkovatsc]
q?
13:32:15 [kaz]
q+ sebastian
13:32:21 [kaz]
ack s
13:32:27 [kaz]
present+ Kazuaki_Nimura
13:32:35 [dape]
q+ does a joined call work w.r.t to policies et cetera (question to W3C)
13:32:41 [DarkoAnicic]
sebastian: participants of this call are mostly members of the WG, so +1 too
13:33:27 [dape]
q+ to does a joined call work w.r.t to policies et cetera (question to W3C). I would be in favor of having ONE call
13:33:58 [kaz]
ack d
13:33:58 [Zakim]
dape, you wanted to does a joined call work w.r.t to policies et cetera (question to W3C). I would be in favor of having ONE call
13:35:08 [DarkoAnicic]
kaz: we can invite IG members to certain WG calls and vice versa (if chairs are fine with this)
13:35:23 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: most of the work is public anyway
13:36:33 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: we stick with joint calls, and details are discussed in co-chairs calls
13:36:55 [DarkoAnicic]
Topic: F2F Logistics
13:37:08 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201602/results f2f registration results
13:38:18 [mkovatsc]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201602/
13:38:24 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: please register yourself
13:40:19 [kaz]
[ just updated the f2f wiki with the registration site URL: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_USA,_Santa_Clara#Registration ]
13:40:52 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: we should reach companies and academia in Bay areas.
13:41:53 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: Google will present its related projects, Brillo, Android Things etc.
13:42:54 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: do you have any idea, whom to invite? Please think about it. We need interesting OpenDay presentations
13:43:21 [kaz]
s|https://www.w3.org/2002/|-">https://www.w3.org/2002/|-> https://www.w3.org/2002/|
13:43:43 [kaz]
s|201602/|201602/ Santa Clara f2f registration site|
13:43:53 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:43:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:43:58 [DarkoAnicic]
Ryan: still no detailed agenda
13:44:24 [DarkoAnicic]
s/still no detailed agenda/ still no detailed agenda exists
13:45:12 [mjkoster]
mjkoster has joined #wot
13:45:25 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: if we have a long OpenDay session, then we could move PlugFest to Tuesday
13:47:42 [mkovatsc]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_USA,_Santa_Clara#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings
13:48:32 [davu_]
davu_ has joined #wot
13:49:15 [kaz]
[ Kaz's note: We could have joint sessions of both the WG and the IG on the deliverables to be transferred on the Wednesday, and detailed discussion on the Thursday ]
13:49:34 [kaz]
s/Thursday/Thursday./
13:51:07 [kaz]
present+ Michael_Koster
13:51:30 [DarkoAnicic]
McCool: I will have a session on OCF, Semantic Web-related stuff, architecture etc.
13:53:26 [DarkoAnicic]
q+
13:54:12 [kaz]
q+
13:54:51 [kaz]
ack d
13:57:57 [DarkoAnicic]
DArkoAnicic: McCool, shell we work on RDF-related topics for the F2F meeting in April or there is already enough material for this F2F meeting
13:58:35 [DarkoAnicic]
sebastian: we need a detailed discussion on serialization
13:58:40 [mjkoster]
mjkoster has joined #wot
13:59:02 [DarkoAnicic]
kaz: shall we have a session on security topics
13:59:43 [McCool]
q+
13:59:44 [kaz]
q?
13:59:45 [DarkoAnicic]
...there will be
13:59:48 [kaz]
ack k
14:00:39 [kaz]
kaz: also wondering about PlugFest scenarios. we should add a subsection under the PlugFest section of the wiki
14:00:55 [DarkoAnicic]
McCool: we should have 2 scenarios, one for OneM2M and one for OCF
14:00:58 [kaz]
s/...there will be/McCool+Ryan: there will be/
14:02:12 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:02:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html kaz
14:03:05 [mkovatsc]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_USA,_Santa_Clara#PlugFest
14:04:05 [mkovatsc]
q?
14:04:19 [mkovatsc]
ack McCool
14:05:40 [DarkoAnicic]
McCool: we just discuss possibilities to bring IoTivity-, node.js etc. related stuff
14:06:21 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/2017/01/09-wot-minutes.html#item016 AP minutes
14:07:21 [kaz]
[ Johannes mentioned during the AP call that he would send information on their Node.js implementation to Zoltan. ]
14:09:04 [mkovatsc]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201602/
14:09:33 [DarkoAnicic]
mjkoster: I will attend the F2F meeting
14:11:22 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: details on the plugfest are yet to be defined but individual feature testing should be the focus
14:12:11 [kaz]
q+
14:13:04 [DarkoAnicic]
yongying: oneM2M Liasion presentation - introduction, break out and scenario
14:14:36 [kaz]
q?
14:15:35 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: AP TF decided to keep its specification for the upcoming PlugFest, TD will change
14:15:37 [mkovatsc]
q?
14:16:09 [rrware]
present- Ryan_Ware
14:16:24 [kaz]
ack kaz
14:16:28 [DarkoAnicic]
kaz: an update from the Automotive WG to be put on the agenda for F2F
14:17:41 [DarkoAnicic]
yongying gives a presentation on oneM2M and Liasion with oneM2M
14:18:39 [kaz]
-> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2017Jan/att-0004/TP-2016-0294R01-LS_to_W3C_WoT.pdf oneM2M Liaison Statement
14:19:09 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:19:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html kaz
14:20:21 [kaz]
i/yongying/topic: oneM2M Liaison/
14:20:37 [kaz]
s/yongying/Yongjing:/
14:20:54 [kaz]
s/yongying:/Yongjing:/
14:20:57 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:20:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html kaz
14:22:53 [kaz]
q+
14:25:24 [DarkoAnicic]
kaz: I will put you, Yongjing, as the contact for Liasion with OneM2M
14:25:43 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison W3C Liaison page
14:25:46 [kaz]
ack k
14:27:41 [DarkoAnicic]
Kaz: on the W3C side, all three W3C stuff members will be on the W3C Liaison page
14:28:13 [kaz]
-> http://www.onem2m.org/membership/current-members oneM2M member list
14:29:01 [mkovatsc]
q?
14:30:33 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: no further points, see you next week
14:30:36 [DarkoAnicic]
rrsagent, create minutes
14:30:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html DarkoAnicic
14:31:19 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Tracking_and_collaborating_with_IoT_industry_alliances_and_standards_development_organizations WoT Liaison Wiki
14:31:20 [kaz]
[ adjourned ]
14:31:25 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:31:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html kaz
14:52:53 [rrware]
kaz: No problem. I did it simply to ensure people know I was stepping away. Have to figure out how I'm dealing with the 6 inches of snow we got overnight here. :-)
14:53:21 [kaz]
oh
14:53:26 [kaz]
take care
14:53:55 [kaz]
btw, I'll add your name to the present list since it's rather an attendee list of the minutes
14:54:48 [kaz]
(please note that the RRSAgent tool will automatically remove your name if you use "present-" :( )
15:35:50 [Karen]
Karen has joined #wot
16:58:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot