IRC log of apa on 2017-01-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:47:48 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #apa
16:47:48 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-apa-irc
16:47:50 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
16:47:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #apa
16:47:52 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
16:47:52 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
16:47:53 [trackbot]
Meeting: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
16:47:53 [trackbot]
Date: 11 January 2017
16:47:55 [janina]
agenda?
16:50:14 [janina]
agenda+ preview agenda with items from two minutes
16:50:14 [janina]
agenda+ Activating the CSS Accessibility Task Force
16:50:14 [janina]
agenda+ Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
16:50:14 [janina]
agenda+ new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
16:50:15 [janina]
agenda+ Action-2104 ARIA in HTML -- Michiel Bijl http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/
16:50:17 [janina]
agenda+ APA's Accessibility Checklist [See Below]
16:50:19 [janina]
agenda+ Input Events http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Nov/0005.html
16:50:22 [janina]
agenda+ MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc. [See Below]
16:50:25 [janina]
agenda+ Updating DOM--Any RFEs? https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2017JanMar/0000.html
16:50:28 [janina]
agenda+ Other Business
16:50:30 [janina]
agenda+ next and future meetings
16:50:33 [janina]
agenda+ be done
16:50:55 [janina]
present+ Janina
16:50:59 [janina]
Chair: Janina
16:59:38 [joanie]
present+ Joanmarie_Diggs
17:01:31 [tdrake]
tdrake has joined #APA
17:01:44 [tdrake]
present+ tdrake
17:03:03 [tink]
tink has joined #apa
17:03:19 [tink]
present+ Léonie
17:04:26 [MichaelC]
agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Jan/0010.html
17:05:53 [tink]
scribenick: tink
17:05:58 [tink]
scribe: Léonie
17:06:14 [tink]
zakim, agenda?
17:06:14 [Zakim]
I see 12 items remaining on the agenda:
17:06:15 [Zakim]
1. preview agenda with items from two minutes [from janina]
17:06:15 [Zakim]
2. Activating the CSS Accessibility Task Force [from janina]
17:06:15 [Zakim]
3. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 [from janina]
17:06:15 [Zakim]
4. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html [from janina]
17:06:16 [Zakim]
5. Action-2104 ARIA in HTML -- Michiel Bijl http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/ [from janina]
17:06:16 [Zakim]
6. APA's Accessibility Checklist [from See Below via janina]
17:06:17 [Zakim]
7. Input Events http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Nov/0005.html [from janina]
17:06:17 [Zakim]
8. MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc. [from See Below via janina]
17:06:17 [Zakim]
9. Updating DOM--Any RFEs? https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2017JanMar/0000.html [from janina]
17:06:17 [Zakim]
10. Other Business [from janina]
17:06:18 [Zakim]
11. next and future meetings [from janina]
17:06:18 [Zakim]
12. be done [from janina]
17:07:03 [tink]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
17:07:32 [janina]
zakim, next item
17:07:32 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "preview agenda with items from two minutes" taken up [from janina]
17:07:35 [tink]
zakim, take up item 1
17:07:35 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "preview agenda with items from two minutes" taken up [from janina]
17:08:03 [tink]
JS: Additions?
17:08:09 [tink]
zakim, close item 1
17:08:09 [Zakim]
agendum 1, preview agenda with items from two minutes, closed
17:08:10 [Zakim]
I see 11 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:08:10 [Zakim]
2. Activating the CSS Accessibility Task Force [from janina]
17:08:15 [janina]
zakim, next item
17:08:15 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Activating the CSS Accessibility Task Force" taken up [from janina]
17:09:18 [tink]
MC: We now have co-chairs for the TF. Rossen and Ted.
17:09:52 [tink]
... Anticipate the TF will ramp up quickly.
17:09:59 [MichaelC]
s/MC:/JS:/
17:10:27 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/css-a11y/ CSS A11Y TF
17:11:19 [tink]
JN: Is this an informal TF?
17:12:09 [tink]
present+ John Northup
17:12:14 [MichaelC]
present+
17:12:35 [tink]
... It's formal with a statement of work.
17:12:57 [tink]
zakim, close item 2
17:12:57 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Activating the CSS Accessibility Task Force, closed
17:12:57 [MichaelC]
s/zakim, agenda?/scribeNick: tink/
17:12:58 [Zakim]
I see 10 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:12:58 [Zakim]
3. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 [from janina]
17:13:37 [tink]
zakim, take up item 3
17:13:37 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8" taken up [from janina]
17:14:15 [tink]
action-2107?
17:14:15 [trackbot]
action-2107 -- Janina Sajka to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/webcryptoapi/ web cryptography api -- due 2017-01-11 -- OPEN
17:14:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2107
17:14:19 [tink]
JS: Needs another week
17:14:26 [MichaelC]
action-2107 due 1 week
17:14:26 [trackbot]
Set action-2107 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/webcryptoapi/ web cryptography api due date to 2017-01-18.
17:14:37 [tink]
action-2106?
17:14:37 [trackbot]
action-2106 -- Janina Sajka to Take basic card payment to paur team -- due 2017-01-11 -- OPEN
17:14:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2106
17:14:50 [MichaelC]
close action-2106
17:14:50 [trackbot]
Closed action-2106.
17:14:51 [tink]
JS: Done, can be closed.
17:15:33 [tink]
acttion-2094?
17:15:47 [tink]
action-2094?
17:15:47 [trackbot]
action-2094 -- Janina Sajka to Review tv control api specification https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/ -- due 2017-01-11 -- OPEN
17:15:47 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2094
17:15:52 [tink]
JS: Need longer
17:16:11 [tink]
action-2070?
17:16:11 [trackbot]
action-2070 -- Lisa Seeman to Pick up the thread with https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/ css counter styles level 3 on needing reply to their response to us -- due 2016-07-20 -- OPEN
17:16:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2070
17:16:19 [tink]
JS: Need to reassign.
17:16:24 [tink]
... Ted could you take this?
17:16:28 [tink]
TD: Sure.
17:16:44 [tink]
MC: Recommend looking at Lisa's previous comments (linked in the action).
17:16:50 [tink]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:16:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-apa-minutes.html tink
17:17:50 [tink]
TD: Is there urgency?
17:17:58 [tink]
MC: They're in CR, but not sure for how long.
17:18:08 [tink]
JS: Suggest finding out how long CR is anticipated to last.
17:18:20 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work CSS current work
17:18:24 [tink]
MC: Try their current work page.
17:19:01 [MichaelC]
action-2070 due 2 weeks
17:19:01 [trackbot]
Set action-2070 Pick up the thread with https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/ css counter styles level 3 on needing reply to their response to us due date to 2017-01-25.
17:19:17 [tink]
zakim, close item 3
17:19:17 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8, closed
17:19:19 [Zakim]
I see 9 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:19:19 [Zakim]
4. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html [from janina]
17:19:21 [tink]
zakim, next item
17:19:21 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html" taken up [from janina]
17:19:56 [tink]
MC: Three payments specs.
17:20:03 [tink]
JS: Taking them all to the payments team.
17:20:12 [tink]
... Think we may need to formalise as a TF.
17:20:18 [tink]
MC: Input Events
17:20:31 [tink]
... TTML2
17:20:43 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml2/ Timed Text Markup Language 2 (TTML2)
17:20:52 [tink]
... Planning to hit CR this month.
17:21:00 [tink]
... Action on JF to review this.
17:21:07 [JF]
JF has joined #apa
17:21:18 [JF]
present+ JF
17:21:18 [tink]
action-2248?
17:21:18 [trackbot]
Sorry, but action-2248 does not exist.
17:21:35 [tink]
action-2048?
17:21:35 [trackbot]
action-2048 -- John Foliot to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/ timed text markup language 2 (ttml2) -- due 2016-10-06 -- OPEN
17:21:35 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2048
17:22:01 [tink]
JS: We need to get this done this month.
17:22:17 [tink]
MC: Initial review suggested no points for concern. Can we close this?
17:22:22 [tink]
JF: I think so, yes.
17:22:47 [tink]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:22:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-apa-minutes.html tink
17:23:10 [tink]
JF: The people involved have good accessibility knowledge, and would not knowingly allow gaps to exist.
17:23:29 [MichaelC]
close action-2048
17:23:29 [trackbot]
Closed action-2048.
17:24:25 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/qb4st/ QB4ST: RDF Data Cube extensions for spatio-temporal components
17:24:45 [tink]
MC: QB4ST:RDF Data cube extensions for spacio-temporal components
17:25:15 [tink]
JF: Appears to be metadata.
17:25:23 [tink]
MC: It's also a Note.
17:25:44 [tink]
JS: No need to review.
17:26:12 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/eo-qb/ Publishing and Using Earth Observation Data with the RDF Data Cube and the Discrete Global Grid System
17:26:48 [tink]
JS: Pass.
17:29:26 [tink]
LW: Just checking on any outstanding WebPlat requests?
17:29:33 [tink]
MC: Think we're done on those.
17:29:38 [tink]
LW: Yes, thanks.
17:29:40 [tink]
zakim, close this item
17:29:40 [Zakim]
agendum 4 closed
17:29:41 [Zakim]
I see 8 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:29:41 [Zakim]
5. Action-2104 ARIA in HTML -- Michiel Bijl http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/ [from janina]
17:29:43 [tink]
zakim, next item
17:29:43 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Action-2104 ARIA in HTML -- Michiel Bijl http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/" taken up [from janina]
17:31:01 [tink]
zakim, close this item
17:31:02 [Zakim]
agendum 5 closed
17:31:02 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:31:02 [Zakim]
6. APA's Accessibility Checklist [from See Below via janina]
17:31:05 [tink]
zakim, next item
17:31:05 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "APA's Accessibility Checklist" taken up [from See Below]
17:31:29 [MichaelC]
-> http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html [DRAFT] Web Technology Accessibility Guidelines Checklist
17:32:12 [tink]
MC: The architecture group wants to have self-review checklists for all horizontal reviews.
17:32:25 [tink]
... Needs to be ready to be presented to the members in April.
17:32:36 [tink]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:32:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-apa-minutes.html tink
17:32:50 [janina]
regrets: Michiel, Gottfried
17:33:18 [JF]
Q+
17:33:53 [tink]
... The checklist is categorised, so you can easily identify the things that apply to your spec, then drill down to find the checks for that category.
17:34:58 [tink]
... There are several dozen checks.
17:35:10 [tink]
... Feel the wording is not right for use by non-accessibility specialists.
17:35:31 [tink]
... Keep in mind this is limited to the things technologies provide.
17:35:41 [tink]
JS: Also, is anything missing?
17:35:45 [janina]
ack jf
17:36:07 [tink]
JF: In the second section on rendering of content there is a typo (ine instead of line)
17:36:26 [tink]
.... Check colour contrast on links/visited links.
17:36:36 [tink]
... Suggest pointing to the MAUR.
17:37:26 [tink]
Can someone scribe have to drop.
17:39:55 [JF]
Scripe: JF
17:40:03 [JF]
scribe: JF
17:40:40 [JF]
JS: We need to review how to incorporate the MAUR into this checklist
17:41:14 [JF]
JS: We need to start working on this. Michael has started a thread on this already
17:41:59 [JF]
There may be a desire to sync a common look and feel to equivalent documents emerging from Privacy and Security groups at W3C
17:42:25 [JF]
zakim, next item
17:42:25 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Input Events http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Nov/0005.html" taken up [from janina]
17:43:12 [JF]
JS: Rich has provided some comments. Rich is no longer a member of the APA, but remains available for questions and comments
17:43:39 [JF]
JS: Perhaps Shane should be on this - note that all DOM specs are bing updated within the year
17:44:26 [JF]
MC: Looking at Rich's comments - appears one editorial comment, and 2 that may be substantitve
17:46:14 [JF]
JS: We need to find somebody who can take this up - perhaps Shane?
17:46:59 [JF]
JD: might be able to look at this
17:47:44 [JF]
JD: I know James Craig is a good candidate, but he is very busy...
17:48:01 [JF]
[discussion of possible candidates to take this up]
17:49:57 [JF]
MC: there is some confusion around status
17:50:18 [JF]
JS: lets ask leonie to follow up on this - get a sense of timing as we look at this more closely
17:50:41 [JF]
we hope to work with their timeline - need to ask if there is a relationship with the updated DOM activity
17:50:54 [JF]
zakim, next item
17:50:54 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc." taken up [from See Below]
17:51:34 [JF]
JS: have been waiting for JF to return to APA calls...
17:52:09 [JF]
JS: this has been a successful and well-referenced document
17:52:59 [JF]
JS: there is continued activity at W3C around implementing media into HTML5 - work around APIs
17:53:43 [JF]
JS: However not everyone is still aware of this, and we need to ask if the MAUR is "finished"?
17:54:06 [JF]
JS: we also have occasional internal questions here ourselves
17:54:34 [JF]
JS: 2 weeks from today, Ralph Swick will join our call to discuss gaps and next steps around MAUR.
17:54:56 [JF]
perhaps at next TPAC we do a joint presentation to all groups working on media activities at the W3C
17:55:19 [janina]
scribe: janina
17:55:33 [janina]
jf: Will hold 25th for the call with Ralph
17:55:59 [janina]
jf: Not sure what update around U.S. legal reqs
17:57:22 [JF]
I can make time over the next 2 weeks to prep for the Ralph S. call
17:57:28 [JF]
zakim, next item
17:57:28 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "Updating DOM--Any RFEs? https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2017JanMar/0000.html" taken up [from janina]
17:57:59 [JF]
JS: major update to all DOM documents within the year - if we have comments, requests, etc. we need to speak up now
17:58:19 [JF]
zakim, next item
17:58:19 [Zakim]
agendum 9 was just opened, JF
17:58:30 [JF]
zakim, close item 8
17:58:30 [Zakim]
agendum 8, MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc., closed
17:58:31 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:58:31 [Zakim]
9. Updating DOM--Any RFEs? https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2017JanMar/0000.html [from janina]
17:58:43 [JF]
zakim, close item 9
17:58:43 [Zakim]
agendum 9, Updating DOM--Any RFEs? https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2017JanMar/0000.html, closed
17:58:45 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:58:45 [Zakim]
10. Other Business [from janina]
17:58:52 [JF]
zakim, next item
17:58:52 [Zakim]
agendum 10. "Other Business" taken up [from janina]
18:01:15 [JF]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:01:30 [JF]
trackbot, end meeting
18:01:30 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
18:01:30 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, tdrake, Léonie, John, Northup, MichaelC, JF
18:01:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
18:01:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-apa-minutes.html trackbot
18:01:39 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
18:01:39 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items