IRC log of apa on 2017-01-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:43:46 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #apa
16:43:46 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/01/04-apa-irc
16:43:48 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
16:43:51 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
16:43:51 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
16:43:51 [trackbot]
Meeting: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
16:43:51 [trackbot]
Date: 04 January 2017
16:43:59 [janina]
agenda?
16:44:05 [janina]
zakim, clear agenda
16:44:05 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
16:45:11 [janina]
agenda+ preview agenda with items from two minutes
16:45:11 [janina]
agenda+ Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
16:45:11 [janina]
agenda+ new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
16:45:11 [janina]
agenda+ APA's Accessibility Checklist [See Below]
16:45:12 [janina]
agenda+ MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc. [See Below]
16:45:14 [janina]
agenda+ Other Business
16:45:16 [janina]
agenda+ next and future meetings
16:45:19 [janina]
agenda+ be done
16:51:16 [tink]
tink has joined #apa
16:54:36 [janina]
present+ Janina
16:54:39 [janina]
Chair: Janina
16:58:11 [janina]
Regrets: John, Gottfried, Michiel
16:58:38 [tdrake]
tdrake has joined #APA
16:58:47 [tdrake]
present+ tdrake
17:00:21 [tink]
present+ Léonie
17:02:25 [MichaelC]
present+
17:08:18 [tink]
scribe: Léonie
17:08:24 [tink]
zakim, take up item 1
17:08:24 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "preview agenda with items from two minutes" taken up [from janina]
17:08:30 [MichaelC]
scribeNick: tink
17:09:33 [tink]
JS: Congratulations to Joanie for being appointed co-chair of the ARIA WG.
17:10:54 [tink]
zakim, close this item
17:10:54 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
17:10:56 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:10:56 [Zakim]
2. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 [from janina]
17:10:58 [tink]
zakim, take up item 2
17:10:58 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8" taken up [from janina]
17:11:22 [tink]
action-2092?
17:11:22 [trackbot]
action-2092 -- John Northup to Review css values and units 3 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-values-3/ -- due 2017-01-04 -- CLOSED
17:11:22 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2092
17:11:59 [tink]
MC: No a11y issues observed.
17:12:08 [tink]
... If we agree, I'll add it to the wiki.
17:13:36 [tink]
JS: Inclined to accept Jon's assessment.
17:13:39 [tink]
TD: +1
17:14:02 [tink]
MC: We've had trouble in the past, with the pt being relative/not relative for example.
17:14:32 [tink]
JS: Should the CSS TF take a look at this?
17:15:29 [tink]
LW: +1 to no issues.
17:18:11 [tink]
MC: Closed.
17:18:41 [MichaelC]
action-2104 due 1 week
17:18:41 [trackbot]
Set action-2104 Review aria in html http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/ due date to 2017-01-11.
17:18:50 [tink]
action-2101?
17:18:50 [trackbot]
action-2101 -- Léonie Watson to Check with web platform chairs about a11y implications of service workers https://www.w3.org/tr/service-workers-1/ -- due 2016-12-14 -- OPEN
17:18:50 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2101
17:19:28 [MichaelC]
action-2101: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Dec/0007.html
17:19:28 [trackbot]
Notes added to action-2101 Check with web platform chairs about a11y implications of service workers https://www.w3.org/tr/service-workers-1/.
17:19:59 [tink]
LW: WebPlat don't think it affects a11y, but would appreciate a review to confirm that supposition.
17:22:19 [tink]
action-2095?
17:22:19 [trackbot]
action-2095 -- Jason White to Review web authentication https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/ -- due 2016-11-09 -- OPEN
17:22:19 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2095
17:22:24 [tink]
MC: Should we ping Jason?
17:22:28 [tink]
JS: Yes, will do.
17:22:36 [MichaelC]
action-2095 due 2 weeks
17:22:36 [trackbot]
Set action-2095 Review web authentication https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/ due date to 2017-01-18.
17:22:43 [tink]
action-2094?
17:22:43 [trackbot]
action-2094 -- Janina Sajka to Review tv control api specification https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/ -- due 2016-12-15 -- OPEN
17:22:43 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2094
17:22:56 [tink]
JS: Think there will be issues with this one.
17:23:02 [tink]
... It's an early draft though.
17:23:26 [tink]
... Seems they have trouble understanding a11y requirements, particularly around captions.
17:23:38 [tink]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:23:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/04-apa-minutes.html tink
17:23:53 [MichaelC]
action-2094 due 1 week
17:23:53 [trackbot]
Set action-2094 Review tv control api specification https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/ due date to 2017-01-11.
17:25:00 [tink]
action-2070?
17:25:00 [trackbot]
action-2070 -- Lisa Seeman to Pick up the thread with https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/ css counter styles level 3 on needing reply to their response to us -- due 2016-07-20 -- OPEN
17:25:00 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2070
17:25:14 [tink]
MC: Should we ping Lisa?
17:25:26 [tink]
JS: Yes, will do.
17:25:31 [tink]
action-2061?
17:25:31 [trackbot]
action-2061 -- Janina Sajka to Review screen capture https://www.w3.org/tr/screen-capture/ -- due 2016-12-15 -- OPEN
17:25:31 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2061
17:25:41 [tink]
JS: Don't see any issues.
17:26:43 [tink]
... Think we can call it done.
17:27:38 [MichaelC]
close action-2061
17:27:38 [trackbot]
Closed action-2061.
17:27:52 [tink]
action-2055?
17:27:52 [trackbot]
action-2055 -- Fred Esch to Review css painting api level 1 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-paint-api-1/ -- due 2016-12-15 -- OPEN
17:27:52 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2055
17:28:06 [tink]
MC: Assume we'll need to reassign this.
17:28:20 [tink]
... Fred commented in June that he wanted to come back to it.
17:29:13 [tink]
JS: Let's push it out.
17:29:47 [tink]
action-2052?
17:29:47 [trackbot]
action-2052 -- Shane McCarron to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ shadow dom -- due 2016-09-28 -- OPEN
17:29:47 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052
17:30:24 [tink]
action-2048?
17:30:24 [trackbot]
action-2048 -- John Foliot to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/ timed text markup language 2 (ttml2) -- due 2016-10-06 -- OPEN
17:30:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2048
17:30:37 [tink]
MC: Will leave those "as is" for now.
17:30:44 [tink]
zakim, close item 2
17:30:44 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8, closed
17:30:46 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:30:46 [Zakim]
3. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html [from janina]
17:30:48 [tink]
xakim, take up item 3
17:31:23 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/payment-method-basic-card/ Basic Card Payment
17:31:46 [tink]
JS: We have requests on other payment specs too.
17:32:14 [MichaelC]
action: Janina to take Basic Card Payment to PAUR team
17:32:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2106 - Take basic card payment to paur team [on Janina Sajka - due 2017-01-11].
17:32:47 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/requestidlecallback/ Cooperative Scheduling of Background Tasks
17:34:19 [tink]
MC: JF wanted to review this.
17:34:25 [tink]
... Suggest we abandon this.
17:34:34 [tink]
JS: Disagreement?
17:35:15 [MichaelC]
close action-2108
17:35:15 [trackbot]
Closed action-2108.
17:35:51 [MichaelC]
-> http://www.w3.org/TR/css-round-display-1/ CSS Round Display Level 1
17:36:20 [tink]
MC: Fred thought it had the same type of problem as Flexbox etc.
17:36:40 [tink]
... Defer or close?
17:36:54 [tink]
JS: Turn over to CSS TF.
17:37:49 [tink]
MC: HTML AAM
17:37:57 [tink]
LW: We've just posted a changelog to ARIA WG.
17:38:04 [tink]
MC: Happy to leave review to ARIA WG.
17:38:07 [tink]
LW: WFM.
17:38:51 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/WebCryptoAPI/ Web Cryptography API
17:39:13 [tink]
JS: It's in PR.
17:39:18 [tink]
MC: Last review was in 2014.
17:39:55 [tink]
JS: Will take a look.
17:40:09 [MichaelC]
action: Janina to review https://www.w3.org/TR/WebCryptoAPI/ Web Cryptography API
17:40:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2107 - Review https://www.w3.org/tr/webcryptoapi/ web cryptography api [on Janina Sajka - due 2017-01-11].
17:40:24 [tink]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:40:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/04-apa-minutes.html tink
17:40:39 [MichaelC]
action-2107: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Cryptography_API
17:40:39 [trackbot]
Notes added to action-2107 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/webcryptoapi/ web cryptography api.
17:41:02 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/websub/ WebSub
17:41:17 [tink]
MC: Received a review request in November.
17:41:26 [tink]
... Shane had the action.
17:41:26 [MichaelC]
action-2100?
17:41:26 [trackbot]
action-2100 -- Shane McCarron to Review pubsub https://www.w3.org/tr/pubsub/ -- due 2017-01-26 -- OPEN
17:41:26 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2100
17:41:29 [tink]
JS: Will ping him.
17:41:43 [tink]
zakim, close this item
17:41:43 [Zakim]
I do not know what agendum had been taken up, tink
17:41:51 [tink]
zakim, close item 3
17:41:51 [Zakim]
agendum 3, new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html, closed
17:41:53 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:41:53 [Zakim]
4. APA's Accessibility Checklist [from See Below via janina]
17:42:27 [tink]
JS: No action on this today.
17:42:31 [tink]
zakim, close this item
17:42:31 [Zakim]
I do not know what agendum had been taken up, tink
17:42:39 [tink]
zakim, close item 4
17:42:39 [Zakim]
agendum 4, APA's Accessibility Checklist, closed
17:42:40 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:42:40 [Zakim]
5. MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc. [from See Below via janina]
17:42:59 [tink]
JS: No action on this.
17:43:42 [tink]
zakim, close item 5
17:43:42 [Zakim]
agendum 5, MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc., closed
17:43:43 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
17:43:43 [Zakim]
6. Other Business [from janina]
17:44:01 [tink]
MC: Nothing.
17:44:12 [tink]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:44:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/04-apa-minutes.html tink
17:45:15 [tink]
present+ Joanie
17:45:31 [tink]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:45:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/01/04-apa-minutes.html tink
18:03:47 [tink]
tink has left #apa
18:09:50 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #apa