IRC log of social on 2016-11-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:01:13 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #social
18:01:13 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/11/29-social-irc
18:01:15 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:01:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #social
18:01:17 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SOCL
18:01:17 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot
18:01:18 [trackbot]
Meeting: Social Web Working Group Teleconference
18:01:18 [trackbot]
Date: 29 November 2016
18:01:20 [tantek]
present+
18:02:17 [julien]
julien has joined #social
18:02:29 [julien]
can someone share the phone number for today's call?
18:02:43 [tantek]
julien see /topic
18:02:55 [julien]
/topic
18:03:36 [tantek]
julien https://www.w3.org/2015/10/social-wg-telecon.html
18:04:41 [julien]
present
18:04:45 [julien]
present+
18:05:14 [annbass]
annbass has joined #social
18:05:21 [annbass]
present+
18:05:44 [ben_thatmust]
present+
18:05:48 [wilkie]
present+
18:05:55 [ben_thatmust]
regrets+ eprodrom
18:06:12 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-11-29
18:06:17 [ben_thatmustbeme]
present- ben_thatmust
18:06:19 [ben_thatmustbeme]
present+
18:06:20 [cwebber2]
cwebber2 has joined #social
18:06:20 [tantek]
zakim, who is here?
18:06:20 [Zakim]
Present: tantek, julien, annbass, wilkie, ben_thatmustbeme
18:06:22 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cwebber2, annbass, julien, Zakim, RRSAgent, KevinMarks, tantek, timbl, ben_thatmustbeme, raucao, bblfish_, strugee, bigbluehat, wilkie, pdurbin, rhiaro, bitbear,
18:06:22 [Zakim]
... oshepherd, dwhly, mattl, aaronpk, jet, csarven, rrika, KjetilK, Loqi, wseltzer, trackbot, sandro
18:06:24 [aaronpk]
present+
18:06:34 [cwebber2]
present+
18:06:34 [tantek]
present+ sandro
18:06:45 [tantek]
present+ cwebber2
18:07:01 [ben_thatmustbeme]
chair: tantek
18:07:08 [ben_thatmustbeme]
i can scribe
18:07:15 [ben_thatmustbeme]
scribenick:ben_thatmustbeme
18:08:15 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: aaronpk asked for approval of his Invited Expert status, got removed when he changed his affiliation
18:08:21 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: I'm happy to vouch for him again
18:08:44 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: approval of minutes
18:09:08 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: we have the minutes from the F2F, and minutes from last telcon
18:09:15 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-11-17-minutes
18:09:19 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... take a look over them
18:09:24 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-11-18-minutes
18:10:44 [wilkie]
haha cwebber2's goblin pic
18:10:48 [Loqi]
hehe
18:12:39 [ben_thatmustbeme]
annb: i see mattl commenting but isn't listed as attending
18:13:04 [mattl]
i'm all mystery
18:13:14 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: he was sitting off to the side and didn't really get involved in the meeting, but was there so he didn't add himself to the list of attendees
18:13:26 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: we should correct the minutes to add him to that
18:13:35 [ben_thatmustbeme]
<ben_thatmustbeme> i believe he was only there day 1
18:13:45 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: i think he was there party of both days
18:14:14 [ben_thatmustbeme]
annbass: i think this brings up the issue of not knowing which nickname associates to who
18:14:31 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... that would really only matter to archival reasons
18:14:41 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-11-18-minutes
18:14:48 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Irc-people
18:15:06 [ben_thatmustbeme]
annbass: and i see mattl is in the room right now. Nice to meet you
18:15:21 [ben_thatmustbeme]
annbass: this would really speak to all W3C minutes, not just ours
18:15:25 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: i agree
18:15:42 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... if you see a user name that is not noted in our minutes, they should be added in there
18:16:00 [ben_thatmustbeme]
annbass: this may be worth suggesting to the W3C realm of best practices
18:16:16 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: how are people's review of the minutes going? we had some good resolutions
18:16:33 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we added aaronpk as an editor of websub (previously pubsub)
18:16:49 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we made good progress on figuring out when we plan to take things to PR
18:17:04 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we are using that in our request for an extension without changing the scope of the group
18:17:43 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we also resolved that we are not planning any more F2F meetings, and we plan on doing monthly telcons
18:17:52 [ben_thatmustbeme]
annbass: its too bad, i was hoping to see you all
18:17:59 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: i updated the schedule on the homepage too
18:18:57 [mattl]
hey annbass
18:18:59 [julien]
+1
18:19:11 [tantek]
PROPOSED: Approve of minutes of the f2f https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-11-17-minutes https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-11-18-minutes with the addition of mattl as present both days
18:19:15 [cwebber2]
+1
18:19:25 [annbass]
+1
18:19:27 [ben_thatmustbeme]
+1 (though i believe he was only there day 1, not both days)
18:19:28 [mattl]
-1 I wasn't there on the second day
18:19:58 [cwebber2]
oh I must not have present+'ed in there
18:20:01 [cwebber2]
I'll add myself
18:20:03 [wilkie]
+1
18:20:03 [cwebber2]
since I was there
18:20:18 [tantek]
PROPOSED: Approve of minutes of the f2f https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-11-17-minutes https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-11-18-minutes with the addition of mattl as present on day 1 and cwebber both days
18:20:26 [ben_thatmustbeme]
+1
18:20:35 [wilkie]
+1
18:20:38 [cwebber2]
I can add mattl
18:20:43 [cwebber2]
since I'm already adding myself
18:21:13 [cwebber2]
+1
18:21:20 [annbass]
+1
18:21:20 [aaronpk]
+1
18:21:24 [tantek]
RESOLVED: Approve of minutes of the f2f https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-11-17-minutes https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-11-18-minutes with the addition of mattl as present on day 1 and cwebber both days
18:21:40 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: move on to last week's telcon
18:21:45 [KevinMarks]
Present+
18:21:51 [cwebber2]
attendees adjusted as discussed
18:21:55 [KevinMarks]
(by irc)
18:21:58 [tantek]
PROPOSED: approve https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-11-22-minutes of last week's telcon
18:22:05 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... was pretty short so i'm assuming that will be easier for folks to review
18:22:05 [wilkie]
+1
18:22:34 [ben_thatmustbeme]
+1
18:22:42 [annbass]
+1
18:23:54 [cwebber2]
+1
18:24:04 [aaronpk]
+1
18:24:11 [tantek]
RESOLVED: approve https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-11-22-minutes of last week's telcon
18:24:24 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: websub
18:24:35 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: is it ready for a working draft?
18:24:42 [aaronpk]
https://www.w3.org/TR/websub/
18:24:43 [Loqi]
[Julien Genestoux] WebSub
18:25:09 [tantek]
permalink: https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-websub-20161124/
18:25:10 [Loqi]
[Julien Genestoux] WebSub
18:25:18 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: we published the updated WD last week, thats now live with the new name, and I also updated websub.rocks, new name, new text, updated logo, etc. all urls redirect to current urls
18:25:35 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... i don't think theres any actual changes to the ED from then to now, certainly nothing significant
18:25:47 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: unless julien wants to add anything
18:25:55 [ben_thatmustbeme]
julien: i don't ...
18:26:03 [tantek]
https://github.com/w3c/websub/issues
18:26:12 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: to keep this moving along, are there any of the open issues you need the group's help on?
18:26:12 [aaronpk]
https://github.com/w3c/websub/issues/52
18:26:29 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: yes, 52, the contributing.md, i believe rhiaro was going to look up what we need to do for that
18:26:39 [tantek]
zakim, who is here?
18:26:39 [Zakim]
Present: tantek, julien, annbass, wilkie, ben_thatmustbeme, aaronpk, cwebber, sandro, cwebber2, KevinMarks
18:26:42 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cwebber2, annbass, julien, Zakim, RRSAgent, KevinMarks, tantek, timbl, ben_thatmustbeme, raucao, bblfish_, strugee, bigbluehat, wilkie, pdurbin, rhiaro, bitbear,
18:26:42 [Zakim]
... oshepherd, dwhly, mattl, aaronpk, jet, csarven, rrika, KjetilK, Loqi, wseltzer, trackbot, sandro
18:26:51 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: ok, i don't know fi rhiaro is here, its the middle of the night where she is right now
18:27:20 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: sandro, is this something you can nudge amy or help with?
18:27:40 [ben_thatmustbeme]
sandro: lets just ping amy, i think she may have already started something on it
18:27:53 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: alright, lets give her until next week, and see where we are at
18:28:04 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... were there any others we can take a look at?
18:28:13 [ben_thatmustbeme]
julien: i don't think so
18:28:27 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: so this is just work to do, and once these changes are made we can publish a new WD
18:28:33 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... sound good?
18:28:37 [ben_thatmustbeme]
julien: yes
18:29:11 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: just a reminder, if you are going to try and get this to CR, you need to have it ready by next tuesday, if you want to get it to CR this year
18:29:48 [ben_thatmustbeme]
(discussion between julien and aaronpk regarding splitting up issues)
18:30:30 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: if there are issues you have solved but have not heard back, add the 'waiting for commentor' and add 'editorial' to those that are editorial if that helps you get down to 0 issues
18:30:51 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... if you don't get it done by next tuesday, its not the end of the world, but it would push CR to next year
18:30:54 [ben_thatmustbeme]
julien: lets try
18:30:59 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: i think we can do it
18:31:01 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: great
18:31:08 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... anything else on websub?
18:31:39 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... shockingly i've heard 0 objections to the new name from anyone, anywhere, well done!
18:31:47 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: Post Type Discovery
18:32:05 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: i have made some changes but there are additional changes i want to make before we publish a new WD
18:32:24 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... hopefully be ready for WD next week
18:32:38 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... but it won't be ready for CR. That will have to go to next year
18:32:45 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: AS2
18:33:16 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... I'm hoping evan is still on the call
18:33:24 [ben_thatmustbeme]
(missed that first sentence)
18:33:26 [tantek]
are we ready for a new CR on AS2?
18:33:34 [tantek]
looking at open issues: https://github.com/w3c/activitystreams/issues
18:33:48 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: did we lose evan?
18:33:54 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... i don't see him on IRC anymore
18:34:28 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: oh, evan sent regrets, so i don't think there is much we can do on AS2
18:34:32 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/DocumentStatus
18:34:33 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: document status
18:34:54 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: does anyone who is working on any document want to update us on the status?
18:35:03 [cwebber2]
I don't have one this week
18:36:20 [sandro]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/webmention/
18:38:34 [KevinMarks]
There is a new websub implementation in mastodon.social this week
18:38:54 [ben_thatmustbeme]
<ben_thatmustbeme> KevinMarks, cool
18:43:56 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: for SWP, amy isn't here, we should get it updated to say websub
18:43:58 [aaronpk]
https://micropub.rocks/implementation-report/server/39/ziALOZ1xn5Qqm5Y5S25v
18:44:15 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: we have a new implementation of micropub from someone outside the group
18:44:16 [aaronpk]
https://micropub.rocks/reports 6 reports in total
18:44:22 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... that brings us to 6 reports now
18:44:43 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... any how many are outside the WG?
18:46:08 [wilkie]
I can do that
18:46:14 [wilkie]
scribenick: wilkie
18:47:04 [wilkie]
tantek: is 22 required by servers?
18:47:49 [wilkie]
aaronpk: it is the same as 21. required by servers and optional for clients
18:47:56 [wilkie]
tantek: what are the next steps? focusing on websub right?
18:48:06 [wilkie]
aaronpk: yes. focusing on websub and also moving so last week was kind of lost
18:48:17 [wilkie]
tantek: ok. we can reassess that when websub is in CR which is your next goal?
18:48:18 [wilkie]
aaronpk: yep
18:48:25 [tantek]
zakim, who is here?
18:48:25 [Zakim]
Present: tantek, julien, annbass, wilkie, ben_thatmustbeme, aaronpk, cwebber, sandro, cwebber2, KevinMarks
18:48:26 [wilkie]
tantek: alright. is csarven on the call?
18:48:28 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cwebber2, annbass, julien, Zakim, RRSAgent, KevinMarks, tantek, timbl, ben_thatmustbeme, raucao, bblfish_, strugee, bigbluehat, wilkie, pdurbin, rhiaro, bitbear,
18:48:28 [Zakim]
... oshepherd, dwhly, mattl, aaronpk, jet, csarven, rrika, KjetilK, Loqi, wseltzer, trackbot, sandro
18:48:40 [wilkie]
tantek: without csarven or rhiaro we can't do LDN
18:48:46 [wilkie]
tantek: so that takes us to the end of our agenda
18:48:51 [wilkie]
tantek: anyone have any other issues to bring up?
18:49:11 [wilkie]
tantek: I will be about 5 hours off due to meetings in hawaii
18:49:32 [wilkie]
tantek: I should be theoretically be able to be up for the meetings but it means a 5:00 meeting so I might not be very alert
18:49:55 [wilkie]
tantek: so meetings for me will be tentative so evan will be chairing the next couple of weeks
18:50:16 [wilkie]
tantek: we will still be proceeding and making progress with everything in CR and keep pushing test suites and getting implementation reports
18:50:25 [wilkie]
tantek: hopefully get the CRs out by the end of the year
18:50:43 [wilkie]
tantek: lunch was proposed so I'll give back the last ten minutes so you can get lunch or late brunch etc
18:50:49 [annbass]
thanks all!
18:50:49 [julien]
bye! thanks!
18:50:53 [wilkie]
tantek: thanks and we'll talk next week!
18:51:09 [aaronpk]
i am officially back in the group now too :) thanks
18:51:40 [tantek]
great! we got something done today :)
18:52:43 [tantek]
ben_thatmustbeme++ for minuting
18:52:43 [Loqi]
ben_thatmustbeme has 59 karma in this channel (179 overall)
18:52:47 [tantek]
wilkie++ for minuting
18:52:47 [Loqi]
wilkie has 40 karma
18:54:01 [tantek]
trackbot, end meeting
18:54:01 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
18:54:01 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been tantek, julien, annbass, ben_thatmust, wilkie, ben_thatmustbeme, aaronpk, cwebber, sandro, cwebber2, KevinMarks
18:54:09 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
18:54:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/11/29-social-minutes.html trackbot
18:54:10 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
18:54:10 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items