IRC log of apa on 2016-11-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:45:30 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #apa
15:45:30 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-apa-irc
15:45:32 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:45:32 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #apa
15:45:34 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
15:45:34 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
15:45:35 [trackbot]
Meeting: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
15:45:35 [trackbot]
Date: 02 November 2016
15:48:28 [janina]
agenda?
15:48:32 [janina]
agenda+ preview agenda with items from two minutes
15:48:32 [janina]
agenda+ next and future meetings
15:48:32 [janina]
agenda+ Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
15:48:32 [janina]
agenda+ new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
15:48:33 [janina]
agenda+ APA's Accessibility Checklist [See Below]
15:48:35 [janina]
agenda+ MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc. [See Below]
15:48:37 [janina]
agenda+ Other Business
15:48:40 [janina]
agenda+ be done
15:59:27 [joanie]
present+ Joanmarie_Diggs
16:01:05 [MichaelC]
present+ MichaelC
16:01:22 [janina]
regrets: Leonie, Shane
16:01:32 [janina]
present+ Janina
16:01:35 [janina]
Chair: Janina
16:04:31 [Rich]
Rich has joined #apa
16:05:25 [Gottfried]
Gottfried has joined #apa
16:05:37 [Gottfried]
scribe: Gottfried
16:05:48 [Gottfried]
zakim, next item
16:05:48 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "preview agenda with items from two minutes" taken up [from janina]
16:06:19 [Rich]
present+ Rich_Schwerdtfeger
16:06:22 [Gottfried]
present + me
16:06:35 [Gottfried]
present+ Gottfried
16:06:44 [Gottfried]
agenda?
16:08:28 [Gottfried]
Rich: Will retire at end of 2016. Moving to the carribean. Will continue to chair ARIA wg, but scaling back other W3C activities. Available if we need him.
16:09:50 [Rich]
http://www.wesharebonaire.com/2015/02/14/i-shall-return/
16:13:24 [Gottfried]
zakim, next item
16:13:24 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "next and future meetings" taken up [from janina]
16:13:50 [Gottfried]
Janina: US goes back to standard time next week.
16:14:08 [Gottfried]
... So usual time for Europe again.
16:14:28 [Gottfried]
No meeting on Nov. 23 (just before Thanksgiving).
16:14:34 [Gottfried]
zakim, close this item
16:14:35 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
16:14:35 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:14:35 [Zakim]
3. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 [from janina]
16:14:38 [Gottfried]
zakim, next item
16:14:38 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8" taken up [from janina]
16:15:06 [Gottfried]
action-2097?
16:15:06 [trackbot]
action-2097 -- Janina Sajka to Re-review https://www.w3.org/tr/webrtc/ webrtc 1.0: real-time communication between browsers -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN
16:15:06 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2097
16:15:25 [Gottfried]
Janina: Done - we can let it go as is.
16:15:46 [MichaelC]
close action-2097
16:15:46 [trackbot]
Closed action-2097.
16:16:00 [Gottfried]
action-2096?
16:16:00 [trackbot]
action-2096 -- Ted Drake to Check how micropub comments have been disposed -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN
16:16:00 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2096
16:16:10 [Gottfried]
action-2091?
16:16:10 [trackbot]
action-2091 -- Janina Sajka to Review web animations https://www.w3.org/tr/web-animations-1/ -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN
16:16:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2091
16:16:34 [Gottfried]
action-2087?
16:16:34 [trackbot]
action-2087 -- Cynthia Shelly to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/ input events -- due 2016-10-31 -- OPEN
16:16:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2087
16:16:55 [Gottfried]
Janina: Need to reassign this.
16:17:10 [Gottfried]
Michael: Rich has reviewed it in a former version.
16:17:14 [Gottfried]
Rich: I can do this.
16:17:24 [MichaelC]
close action-2097
16:17:24 [trackbot]
Closed action-2097.
16:18:05 [Gottfried]
action-2070?
16:18:05 [trackbot]
action-2070 -- Lisa Seeman to Pick up the thread with https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/ css counter styles level 3 on needing reply to their response to us -- due 2016-07-20 -- OPEN
16:18:05 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2070
16:18:19 [Gottfried]
Janina: Will ping Lisa again.
16:18:22 [Gottfried]
action-2069?
16:18:22 [trackbot]
action-2069 -- Michael Cooper to Follow up on http://www.w3.org/tr/media-source/ media source extensions -- due 2016-08-04 -- OPEN
16:18:22 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2069
16:18:45 [Gottfried]
Janina: PF looked at in Dec. I think we disposed it.
16:19:07 [Gottfried]
Michael: We filed comments, and got a reply. We were not sure if all our comments were fully addressed.
16:19:31 [Gottfried]
... It is now on PR already. It is unlikely that we can change things anymore. Close it?
16:19:42 [Gottfried]
Janina: Yes. We have a pointer on our comments.
16:20:14 [Gottfried]
Michael: On a quick look, things seem to be okay.
16:20:28 [Gottfried]
... Things have changed so much, hard to follow up on our comments.
16:20:40 [MichaelC]
close action-2069
16:20:40 [trackbot]
Closed action-2069.
16:20:46 [Gottfried]
action-2052?
16:20:46 [trackbot]
action-2052 -- Shane McCarron to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ shadow dom -- due 2016-09-28 -- OPEN
16:20:46 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052
16:21:02 [Gottfried]
Janina: Shane sent regrets for the meeting today.
16:21:08 [Gottfried]
... Leave it open.
16:21:11 [Gottfried]
action-2081?
16:21:11 [trackbot]
action-2081 -- Michael Cooper to See if web app manifest comments are dealt with https://www.w3.org/wai/apa/wiki/web_app_manifest -- due 2016-08-17 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:21:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2081
16:22:08 [Gottfried]
Michael: I think that the comments are dealt with. They said they must amend the caption. Feature of splash screens appears to be removed. We should plan to do a respec accessibility review.
16:22:45 [MichaelC]
close action-2081
16:22:46 [trackbot]
Closed action-2081.
16:23:14 [Gottfried]
action-2050?
16:23:14 [trackbot]
action-2050 -- Janina Sajka to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/audio-output/ audio output devices api -- due 2016-11-02 -- OPEN
16:23:14 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2050
16:23:23 [Gottfried]
Janina: It is fine. Close it.
16:23:46 [Gottfried]
... I will respond to the wide review request.
16:24:13 [MichaelC]
close action-2050
16:24:13 [trackbot]
Closed action-2050.
16:24:22 [Gottfried]
action-2048?
16:24:22 [trackbot]
action-2048 -- John Foliot to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/ timed text markup language 2 (ttml2) -- due 2016-10-06 -- OPEN
16:24:22 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2048
16:24:45 [Gottfried]
Janina: I will ping John.
16:24:54 [Gottfried]
action-2029?
16:24:54 [trackbot]
action-2029 -- John Foliot to Review discovery & registration of multimodal modality components: state handling https://www.w3.org/tr/mmi-mc-discovery/ -- due 2016-10-20 -- OPEN
16:24:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2029
16:25:15 [Gottfried]
Janina: What status is it?
16:25:41 [Gottfried]
Michael: WD last published in April 2016.
16:25:48 [Gottfried]
Janina: We can push the due date into Jan.
16:25:51 [MichaelC]
action-2029 due 3 months
16:25:51 [trackbot]
Set action-2029 Review discovery & registration of multimodal modality components: state handling https://www.w3.org/tr/mmi-mc-discovery/ due date to 2017-02-02.
16:26:05 [Gottfried]
action-1762?
16:26:05 [trackbot]
action-1762 -- Katie Haritos-Shea to Review http://www.w3.org/tr/csp-cookies/ content security policy: cookie controls to see if a11y issues or not -- due 2016-03-09 -- OPEN
16:26:05 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/1762
16:26:22 [Gottfried]
Michael: The spec is obsoleted now.
16:26:22 [MichaelC]
close action-1762
16:26:22 [trackbot]
Closed action-1762.
16:26:35 [Gottfried]
zakim, next item
16:26:35 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html" taken up [from janina]
16:27:31 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-scroll-snap-1/ CSS Scroll Snap Module Level 1
16:28:13 [Gottfried]
Janina: We will deal with it in CSS-TF
16:28:21 [MichaelC]
close action-2098
16:28:21 [trackbot]
Closed action-2098.
16:28:36 [Gottfried]
Michael: Another wide review req
16:28:47 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/hr-time-3/ High Resolution Time Level 3
16:29:00 [Gottfried]
Janina: We looke at HR time a while ago in PF, and did not find any issues.
16:29:06 [Gottfried]
s/looke/looked
16:29:16 [Gottfried]
Janina: Think we can safely pass on this one.
16:29:58 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/user-timing-2/ User Timing Level 2
16:30:00 [Gottfried]
Michael: Will go to CR in 3 weeks.
16:30:38 [Gottfried]
... I don't think we need to review it.
16:31:36 [Gottfried]
Janina: Yes, i am okay with this. Collecting data is not our problem.
16:31:56 [Gottfried]
Michael: I think we looked at whether it could interfere with AT.
16:33:06 [Gottfried]
Michael: There is a category of specs that we might want to look at but we have nobody for it. We might want to revisit them at some time in the future
16:33:09 [Gottfried]
zakim, next item
16:33:09 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "APA's Accessibility Checklist" taken up [from See Below]
16:33:26 [MichaelC]
-> http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html [DRAFT] Web Technology Accessibility Guidelines Checklist
16:33:44 [Gottfried]
Janina: APA members should look at the questionnaire to be sent to the wgs.
16:34:32 [Gottfried]
Michael: I will look at it and compare with guidance docs from other wgs.
16:34:56 [Gottfried]
Janina: We promised Philippe that we will have a version by end of this year.
16:36:13 [Gottfried]
Michael: Philippe is the project management lead in W3C (all wgs). Judy has responsibility for WAI groups, but we are responsible to Philippe as well. He looks after project timelines.
16:36:44 [Gottfried]
Janina: This is important for the 3 horizontal reviews(security/privacy, internationalization, accessibility).
16:37:19 [Gottfried]
s/version/version 1
16:37:35 [Gottfried]
Janina: Comments should be sent to our mailing list.
16:37:39 [Gottfried]
zakim, close this item
16:37:39 [Zakim]
agendum 5 closed
16:37:40 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:37:40 [Zakim]
6. MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc. [from See Below via janina]
16:37:47 [Gottfried]
zakim, open item 7
16:37:47 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Other Business" taken up [from janina]
16:38:30 [Gottfried]
Janina: We had a loss of members recently. Need to do some recruiting.
16:38:52 [Gottfried]
Rich: Mary Joe should reach out to people.
16:38:58 [Gottfried]
Janina: Will contact her.
16:40:05 [Gottfried]
zakim, bye
16:40:05 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, Janina, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Gottfried
16:40:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #apa
16:40:11 [Gottfried]
rrsagent, make log public
16:40:17 [Gottfried]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:40:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-apa-minutes.html Gottfried
17:00:48 [jnurthen]
jnurthen has joined #apa
17:58:16 [Rich]
Rich has joined #apa