IRC log of i18n on 2016-10-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:52:54 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18n
14:52:54 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-irc
14:52:57 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #i18n
14:53:08 [addison]
trackbot, prepare teleconference
14:53:10 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:53:12 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 4186
14:53:12 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot
14:53:13 [trackbot]
Meeting: Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
14:53:13 [trackbot]
Date: 27 October 2016
14:53:29 [addison]
Chair: Addison Phillips
14:53:33 [addison]
Scribe: Addison Phillips
14:53:37 [addison]
ScribeNick: addison
14:53:47 [addison]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016Oct/0032.html
14:53:51 [addison]
agenda+ Agenda
14:53:58 [addison]
agenda+ Action Items
14:54:02 [addison]
agenda+ Info Share
14:54:08 [addison]
agenda+ Radar
14:54:31 [addison]
agenda+ What time is this meeting at?
14:54:39 [addison]
agenda+ Language Detection
14:54:52 [addison]
agenda+ closured on annotation issues
14:55:09 [addison]
agenda+ Encoding support for GB18030
14:55:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html addison
14:55:31 [addison]
regrets+ Felix
14:55:48 [addison]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016Oct/0040.html
14:55:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html addison
14:55:59 [addison]
rrsagent, set logs world
14:58:05 [addison]
Present+ addison
14:59:04 [addison]
present+ David
14:59:34 [addison]
Present+ Steven Atkin
14:59:39 [David]
David has joined #I18n
14:59:44 [Steve_Atkin]
Steve_Atkin has joined #i18n
15:00:53 [John_C_Klensin]
John_C_Klensin has joined #i18n
15:01:44 [addison]
present+ Richard
15:02:13 [addison]
present+ JcK
15:03:42 [addison]
agenda?
15:03:50 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:03:50 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Agenda" taken up [from addison]
15:04:42 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 2
15:04:42 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Action Items" taken up [from addison]
15:04:48 [addison]
https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open
15:05:30 [addison]
action-499?
15:05:30 [trackbot]
action-499 -- David Clarke to Review geofencing fpwd -- due 2016-03-24 -- OPEN
15:05:30 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/499
15:05:41 [addison]
david: not going to get to it, up to eyeballs
15:05:43 [addison]
close action-499
15:05:43 [trackbot]
Closed action-499.
15:07:04 [David]
David has joined #I18n
15:08:21 [addison]
action-555?
15:08:21 [trackbot]
action-555 -- Addison Phillips to Provide implementer guidelines for how to obtain language from runtime environment, users, et al -- due 2016-09-29 -- OPEN
15:08:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/555
15:08:25 [addison]
close action-555
15:08:25 [trackbot]
Closed action-555.
15:08:43 [addison]
action-560?
15:08:43 [trackbot]
action-560 -- Richard Ishida to Establish a process for auto-publishing updates to encoding on a regular basis -- due 2016-10-06 -- OPEN
15:08:43 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/560
15:08:48 [addison]
richard: coming along
15:09:03 [addison]
... need a transreq
15:09:27 [addison]
... if we get in soon, pub by 10 nov
15:10:14 [addison]
action-564?
15:10:14 [trackbot]
action-564 -- Addison Phillips to Provide csarven and ldn with text about language negotiation -- due 2016-10-20 -- OPEN
15:10:14 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/564
15:10:29 [addison]
close action-564
15:10:29 [trackbot]
Closed action-564.
15:10:35 [najib]
najib has joined #i18n
15:10:48 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 3
15:10:48 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Info Share" taken up [from addison]
15:11:48 [addison]
addison: next week is IUC40, propose no call
15:12:21 [addison]
... will present including status from this WG
15:12:51 [addison]
agenda?
15:13:22 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 4
15:13:22 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Radar" taken up [from addison]
15:14:16 [r12a]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1
15:15:36 [David]
David has joined #I18n
15:16:33 [addison]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2016OctDec/0045.html
15:16:40 [addison]
richard: need to review UIevents first
15:16:55 [addison]
richard: created a label
15:17:32 [addison]
addison: I created two
15:17:42 [addison]
... just use the one?
15:17:53 [addison]
... just use uievents
15:18:24 [addison]
richard: xiaoqian's email wanted like a month
15:18:35 [addison]
... explained that we need more
15:18:42 [addison]
... thing pushing this is a WAI doc
15:18:49 [addison]
... want normative link
15:19:00 [addison]
... going to REC in April
15:19:03 [addison]
... so have some time
15:19:28 [addison]
richard: dug up some stuff, pointed to last time we commented
15:19:33 [addison]
... but they may not be valuable
15:19:36 [addison]
... from 2010
15:19:47 [addison]
... a few years before dealt with kbds...
15:20:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:22:27 [addison]
agenda?
15:24:12 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 5
15:24:12 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "What time is this meeting at?" taken up [from addison]
15:25:14 [addison]
do we want the same wall time or follow UTC
15:26:18 [addison]
david: prefer same wall time
15:26:27 [addison]
addison: prefer that too
15:26:33 [David]
Keep wall time if possible
15:26:38 [addison]
steve: +1
15:26:48 [addison]
jck: prefer utc but okay with wall time
15:28:08 [addison]
agenda?
15:29:00 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 7
15:29:00 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "closured on annotation issues" taken up [from addison]
15:29:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:29:39 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/labels/annotation-model
15:29:51 [addison]
richard: want to know if we can meet tomorrow or 11 november
15:30:36 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/204
15:30:55 [addison]
https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/348
15:32:26 [addison]
action: addison: remind WG to review annotation-model issues for teleconference of 10 november and reply to their WG for a call on 11 november
15:32:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-565 - Remind wg to review annotation-model issues for teleconference of 10 november and reply to their wg for a call on 11 november [on Addison Phillips - due 2016-11-03].
15:32:46 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 8
15:32:46 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Encoding support for GB18030" taken up [from addison]
15:32:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:33:12 [addison]
https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=159891
15:33:21 [addison]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016Oct/0042.html
15:33:40 [addison]
richard: sent bug reports to the various browsers
15:33:44 [addison]
... "here are your issues"
15:33:48 [addison]
... one was to safari
15:33:56 [addison]
... was picked up by Myles Maxfield
15:34:19 [addison]
... guy jumped in to say the issue arises because they do NFC on text
15:34:31 [addison]
... example in comment 3
15:34:35 [addison]
s/3/8/
15:34:57 [addison]
richard: don't think you should be normalizing this
15:35:18 [addison]
... only safari has this problem, large number of characters have this in this encoding
15:35:59 [addison]
addison: but compatiiblity equiv isn't NFC??
15:37:08 [addison]
richard: was going to say "may do NFC on certain bits of text, but when encoding, shouldn't"
15:37:17 [addison]
... also example is a compat equiv
15:37:37 [addison]
... suppose I listed both characters in a document
15:37:47 [addison]
... on safari you get the same character
15:37:56 [addison]
... goes back to charmod-norm
15:41:56 [addison]
steve: different on ios?
15:42:34 [addison]
richard: could try
15:43:08 [addison]
... try replying one more time
15:45:17 [addison]
zakim, take up agendum 6
15:45:17 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Language Detection" taken up [from addison]
15:45:36 [addison]
https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/LanguageDetection
15:51:59 [addison]
action: Addison: move language detection to i18n-discuss for further development and so that we can use issues
15:52:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-566 - Move language detection to i18n-discuss for further development and so that we can use issues [on Addison Phillips - due 2016-11-03].
15:52:03 [r12a]
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-discuss/tree/gh-pages/notes
15:52:59 [addison]
Topic: AOB?
15:53:12 [r12a]
agenda?
15:55:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html addison
15:57:00 [r12a]
rrsagent, make log public
16:02:51 [najib]
najib has left #i18n
16:12:25 [addison]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:12:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html addison
16:12:27 [addison]
zakim, bye
16:12:27 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been addison, David, Steven, Atkin, Richard, JcK
16:12:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18n
16:12:39 [addison]
rrsagent, bye
16:12:39 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-actions.rdf :
16:12:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: addison: remind WG to review annotation-model issues for teleconference of 10 november and reply to their WG for a call on 11 november [1]
16:12:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-irc#T15-32-26
16:12:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Addison: move language detection to i18n-discuss for further development and so that we can use issues [2]
16:12:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-irc#T15-51-59