IRC log of wot on 2016-09-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:01:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot
12:01:47 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/09/28-wot-irc
12:02:10 [kaz]
Meeting: WoT IG
12:02:33 [kaz]
present: Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Michael_Koster, Masato_Ohura, Takuki_Kamiya
12:02:40 [DarkoAnicic]
DarkoAnicic has joined #wot
12:02:53 [DarkoAnicic]
present+ DarkoAnicic
12:03:47 [yingying]
yingying has joined #wot
12:04:11 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
12:04:37 [kaz]
present+ Federico_Sismondi
12:04:48 [kaz]
present+ Sebastian_Kaebisch
12:04:49 [yingying_]
yingying_ has joined #wot
12:04:59 [masato]
masato has joined #wot
12:06:08 [kaz]
present+ Victor_Charpenay
12:06:14 [kaz]
present+ Yingying_Chen
12:06:22 [sebastian]
sebastian has joined #wot
12:06:45 [sebastian]
present+ Sebastian_Kaebisch
12:07:34 [ryuichi]
ryuichi has joined #wot
12:09:22 [kaz]
kaz: who will chair the call today?
12:09:24 [victor]
victor has joined #wot
12:09:36 [kaz]
seb: Matthias is not available today
12:10:57 [kaz]
... none of Chairs is here
12:11:10 [kaz]
... so maybe official regular call should be held next week
12:11:46 [kaz]
... can start quick summary
12:12:04 [kaz]
... some people were already there on Monday
12:12:11 [kaz]
... and joined some joint meetings
12:12:22 [kaz]
... Automotive, Spatial Data, etc.
12:12:27 [kaz]
... can give some impressions
12:12:27 [katsu]
katsu has joined #wot
12:12:42 [kaz]
darko: can go through the agenda
12:13:37 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings agenda for the joint meetings
12:13:44 [kaz]
darko: Spatial data meeting
12:13:51 [kaz]
... similar to the one last year
12:13:56 [kaz]
... two sessions
12:14:08 [kaz]
... one in the spatial group on Tuesday
12:14:16 [kaz]
... and another on Thursday
12:14:23 [kaz]
... we talked about TD
12:14:34 [kaz]
... little discussion by the Spatial group side
12:14:44 [kaz]
... possible use of SSN
12:14:59 [kaz]
... interesting in some proposal to define property for SSN ontology
12:15:08 [kaz]
... some sort of device description
12:15:17 [kaz]
... if you have a sensor within SSN
12:15:22 [kaz]
... there is some measurement
12:15:35 [kaz]
... where came from
12:15:43 [kaz]
... measurement description
12:15:57 [kaz]
... generated based on TD
12:16:24 [kaz]
... they're planning to send that proposal to the Device group
12:16:30 [kaz]
... but possibly to TD as well
12:16:36 [kaz]
... and Thursday
12:16:42 [kaz]
... SSN call
12:16:46 [kaz]
... some extension
12:16:55 [kaz]
... they also added actuators
12:17:36 [kaz]
seba: good cooperation for vocabulary
12:17:51 [kaz]
... quite interested
12:18:14 [kaz]
... nice to see ontology could be used
12:18:19 [kaz]
darko: right
12:18:25 [kaz]
... one thing I didn't mention
12:18:33 [kaz]
... they created a few examples
12:18:52 [kaz]
... devices have some constraints
12:19:07 [kaz]
... Dan Brickly from Google was there at the joint meeting
12:19:21 [kaz]
... also presented schema.org within our session (on Friday)
12:19:40 [kaz]
... schema.org might be also a possible candidate for WoT vocabulary
12:19:45 [kaz]
... as well as SSN
12:20:21 [kaz]
kaz: the Thursday joint meeting is Kerry and Natasha?
12:20:29 [kaz]
darko: yes, Kerry, Natasha and Dan
12:21:04 [kaz]
seba: Device and Sensors WG?
12:22:21 [kaz]
kaz: @@@
12:22:27 [kaz]
seba: Automotive?
12:22:46 [kaz]
... shared information about our/their current status
12:23:01 [kaz]
... exchange information closely
12:23:11 [kaz]
... WebSocket-based framework and data format
12:23:42 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/Vehicle_Information_Service_Specification Vehicle information service spec
12:24:05 [kaz]
seba: also security discussion
12:24:23 [kaz]
kaz: @@2
12:24:47 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/images/1/13/W3C_Vehicle_API_Component_Diagram_v1.2.png
12:29:25 [kaz]
kaz: @3
12:29:35 [kaz]
seba: yes
12:29:44 [kaz]
... there was discussion on security token as well
12:30:00 [kaz]
... Thing Description should also discuss what kind of security token should be handled
12:30:11 [kaz]
... very interesting scenario
12:30:28 [kaz]
michael: very interesting
12:30:49 [kaz]
... also working for 2 months on GENIVI's VSS from OCF
12:31:12 [kaz]
... it turned out descriptive
12:31:45 [kaz]
... also they're using WebSocket-based architecture
12:32:08 [kaz]
... I'd like to use TD for the OCF REST interface
12:32:24 [kaz]
... signal themselves have some type
12:32:57 [kaz]
... they use programing language type
12:32:58 [kaz]
... think all promising
12:33:09 [kaz]
... really would support VSS
12:33:56 [kaz]
kaz: W4
12:34:12 [kaz]
michael: within YAML there is also Max, Min, etc.
12:34:38 [kaz]
victor: Michael, resources on the OCF side?
12:34:52 [kaz]
michael: we defined all the branches as data collection
12:34:59 [kaz]
... cabin has doors, etc.
12:35:24 [kaz]
... and the door has property of open/close
12:36:10 [kaz]
... some kind of query for the information
12:36:36 [kaz]
... I can share all the information about mapping
12:36:46 [kaz]
... different kinds of TD
12:37:28 [kaz]
seba: also there were some small meetups as well
12:37:52 [kaz]
... demo plugfest on Wednesday
12:38:08 [kaz]
... discussions with the audience
12:38:29 [kaz]
... plugfest content was what we already had for the Beijing meeting
12:38:45 [kaz]
... and we generated banner posters to show what the building blocks were
12:38:57 [kaz]
... how TD is used, etc.
12:39:14 [kaz]
... how to work with small micro controllers, etc.
12:39:26 [kaz]
... we had another table on Scripting API as well
12:39:33 [kaz]
... also Protocol binding
12:40:07 [jhund]
jhund has joined #wot
12:40:17 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/2016/09/tpac2016/21/ Pictures from the Plenary Day (Member-only)
12:40:31 [kaz]
seba: air conditioner from Panasonic
12:40:35 [kaz]
... blind from Fujitsu
12:40:45 [kaz]
... device controller from Siemens
12:40:57 [kaz]
... my feeling was very nice
12:41:02 [kaz]
... many interesting discussions
12:41:13 [kaz]
... people understood what we were doing
12:41:21 [kaz]
... very successful session
12:41:53 [jhund]
jhund has joined #wot
12:42:15 [kaz]
kaz: agree
12:42:39 [kaz]
... many people more than 100
12:42:50 [kaz]
... took many pictures and will include some of them in the minutes
12:42:57 [kaz]
seba: ok
12:43:04 [kaz]
... quickly skim the Thu/Fri agenda?
12:43:39 [kaz2]
kaz2 has joined #wot
12:43:42 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings agenda
12:44:15 [DarkoAnicic]
https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/meeting-results/beijing-f2f/wot-f2f-beijing-subscriptions.md
12:44:58 [kaz]
darko: initial discussion on agenda, joint sessions with Geospatial and Dom's talk, and then breakouts
12:45:04 [kaz]
... Subscription follow-up
12:45:28 [kaz]
... feedback from Beijing meeting
12:45:39 [kaz]
... further discussion during web meetings
12:45:52 [kaz]
... TD lifecycle?
12:46:06 [kaz]
seba: yes
12:46:12 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/2016/09/22-wot-td-minutes.html TD lifecycle minutes
12:46:23 [kaz]
seba: Kajimoto-san talked about TD lifecycle
12:46:34 [kaz]
... update for new devices
12:46:53 [DarkoAnicic]
TD Lifecycle: https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/proposals/td-lifecycle/TD_Lifecycle_Concept.pptx
12:47:22 [kaz]
seba: TD information for manufactures and service providers
12:47:29 [kaz]
... how to override existing TD?
12:47:34 [kaz]
... update/delete, etc.
12:48:15 [kaz]
... good input from semantic experts
12:48:31 [kaz]
... kind of guideline for TD lifecycle process
12:48:43 [kaz]
... also slides by Kajimoto-san
12:48:49 [kaz]
s/san/san above/
12:49:41 [kaz]
darko: victor, Hydra?
12:49:47 [kaz]
victor: discussion on Hydra
12:50:07 [DarkoAnicic]
TD & hypermedia control - Hydra: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:TDvsHydra.pdf
12:50:36 [kaz]
victor: action item to continue comparison between TD and Hydra
12:50:48 [kaz]
... objective is what is missing
12:51:00 [kaz]
s/what/to see what/
12:51:06 [kaz]
... data types, etc.
12:51:26 [kaz]
... how to extend Hydra
12:51:38 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot
12:51:41 [kaz]
... will reach out to the Hydra CG
12:52:07 [kaz]
darko: Scripting API?
12:52:38 [kaz]
kaz: Johannes?
12:52:50 [kaz]
seba: no, he is on biz trip...
12:53:02 [kaz]
... maybe next week
12:53:33 [kaz]
darko: some organizational work
12:53:37 [kaz]
... liaison, etc.
12:54:04 [kaz]
... reference implementations
12:54:18 [kaz]
... how to motivate implementers to align their implementations?
12:54:29 [kaz]
... maybe online PlugFest, etc.
12:55:32 [kaz]
seba: also we now have new co-Chairs for the proposed WG
12:56:06 [kaz]
... Michael McCool from Intel, Kazuo Kajimoto from Panasonic and Matthias Kovatsch from Siemens
12:56:22 [kaz]
... also Yongjing from Huawei and Matthias for the IG
12:56:35 [kaz]
s/Siemens/Siemens for the WG/
12:57:13 [kaz]
... next f2f meeting is being planned to be held in California probably hosted by Intel
12:57:31 [kaz]
... and May meeting in Osaka hosted by Panasonic
12:57:57 [kaz]
... and then TPAC 2017 in California
12:58:14 [kaz]
darko: and some reports
12:58:43 [kaz]
seba: also we had a demo on the F-Interop Project
12:59:09 [kaz]
... and initial ideas
12:59:42 [kaz]
... very nice to collaborate with them
13:00:01 [kaz]
... online testing environment
13:00:27 [kaz]
kaz: yes
13:00:50 [kaz]
... so I suggested we think about how to reuse their mechanism or integrate it with the existing W3C Testing framework
13:01:25 [kaz]
federico: provides online interoperable testing environment
13:02:32 [kaz]
kaz: resources?
13:02:46 [kaz]
federico: already installed on the wiki
13:02:57 [kaz]
kaz: please let me know about the URL
13:03:15 [kaz]
federico: please contact me, and will direct to appropriate people
13:03:20 [kaz]
kaz: tx!
13:03:37 [kaz]
present+ Katsuyoshi_Naka
13:04:41 [kaz]
federico: we'll schedule a call on what to be do for the WoT testing
13:04:52 [kaz]
... would be great to have WoT experts
13:05:05 [kaz]
kaz: some calls on your side?
13:05:18 [kaz]
federico: yes, some particular call
13:05:36 [kaz]
... following Matthias' suggestion
13:06:07 [kaz]
seba: we had another presentation by Yuki from UNI
13:06:25 [kaz]
... they showed demonstration of a smart home
13:06:48 [kaz]
... interested in joining PlugFest effort
13:07:29 [kaz2]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:20160922_F-Interop_TPAC-WoT_v2_1.pdf
13:07:51 [kaz]
seba: and restructuring proposal for TD
13:08:21 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/proposals/td-restructuring TD restructuring proposal
13:08:34 [kaz]
seba: reorganization to make TD clearer
13:09:03 [kaz]
... each resource/interaction should contain what?
13:09:10 [kaz]
... many people are interested in this topic
13:09:35 [kaz]
... setup specific Web meetings
13:10:06 [kaz]
... would like to start this asap because this is very important fundamental building block
13:10:22 [kaz]
... please respond to the Doodle poll so that we can make decision on the time slot
13:11:47 [kaz]
darko: is Matsukura-san around for synchronization?
13:11:55 [kaz]
(no)
13:12:02 [kaz]
darko: TD just on thing features
13:12:29 [kaz]
... but how to keep TD up-to-date?
13:13:11 [kaz]
kaz: maybe we should revisit this as well next week
13:13:20 [kaz]
... this is related to Kajimoto-san's lifecycle topic
13:13:23 [kaz]
darko: yes
13:13:39 [kaz]
... how to keep TD up-to-date
13:13:56 [kaz]
seba: that's it :)
13:14:13 [kaz]
... questions?
13:14:37 [kaz]
... if not, we had a joint meeting with IRTF T2T
13:15:08 [kaz]
-> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dJVJIKTkzPkisfS4KKhLvXCVzFac039HNWyT199GDmw/edit#heading=h.1patg3u6t0q IRTF T2T joint minutes
13:19:17 [kaz]
kaz: gives brief summary
13:21:21 [kaz]
seba: any more questions?
13:21:22 [kaz]
(none)
13:21:42 [kaz]
seba: please respond to the Doodle for the call on TD restructuring discussion
13:22:10 [sebastian]
http://doodle.com/poll/hcafvkxwfwqxhn66
13:22:27 [kaz]
seba: tx and see you next week!
13:22:32 [kaz]
[ adjourned ]
13:22:37 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
13:22:41 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:22:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/09/28-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:23:05 [jungbin]
jungbin has joined #wot
13:55:39 [dsr]
dsr has joined #wot