IRC log of apa on 2016-07-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:51:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #apa
15:51:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/07/06-apa-irc
15:51:29 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:51:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #apa
15:51:31 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
15:51:31 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
15:51:32 [trackbot]
Meeting: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
15:51:32 [trackbot]
Date: 06 July 2016
15:51:36 [janina]
agenda?
15:51:40 [janina]
agenda+ preview agenda with items from two minutes
15:51:41 [janina]
agenda+ Web VR Workshop https://www.w3.org/2016/06/vr-workshop/. Michael
15:51:41 [janina]
agenda+ TPAC 2016 Planning [See Below]
15:51:41 [janina]
agenda+ Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
15:51:42 [janina]
agenda+ new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
15:51:43 [janina]
agenda+ HTML 5.1 Diff Review -- Open Discussion
15:51:46 [janina]
agenda+ Action-2011 -- Michiel, Janina [See Below]
15:51:48 [janina]
agenda+ action-2056 CSS Properties and Values http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jun/0056.html
15:51:51 [janina]
agenda+ Action-2057 CSS Properties http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jun/0039.html
15:51:54 [janina]
agenda+ Action-2023 Pointer Lock http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Apr/0033.html
15:51:57 [janina]
agenda+ Decision Policy Review http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy
15:52:00 [janina]
agenda+ Other Business
15:52:02 [janina]
agenda+ next and future meetings
15:52:05 [janina]
agenda+ be done
15:56:20 [MichielBijl]
present+ Michiel_Bijl
15:57:56 [MichielBijl]
MichielBijl has changed the topic to: APA Teleconference; Wednesday 6 July at 16:00Z; Webex 647 857 439; https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mf439584d181075a804580b9894ce6c1d
15:59:21 [janina]
regrets: Gottfried, Leonie, Rich
16:00:11 [janina]
present+ Janina
16:00:57 [janina]
chair: janina
16:01:38 [joanie]
present+ Joanmarie_Diggs
16:02:22 [MichaelC]
present+ MichaelC
16:02:29 [fesch]
fesch has joined #apa
16:02:36 [janina]
regrets: Gottfried, Leonie, Cynthia, Rich
16:03:19 [fesch]
#scribe: fesch
16:03:24 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:03:24 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "preview agenda with items from two minutes" taken up [from janina]
16:03:37 [MichaelC]
s/#scribe: fesch/scribe: fesch/
16:04:07 [fesch]
js: news?
16:04:14 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:04:14 [Zakim]
agendum 1 was just opened, fesch
16:04:28 [fesch]
zakim, close this item
16:04:28 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
16:04:29 [JF]
JF has joined #apa
16:04:30 [Zakim]
I see 13 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:04:30 [Zakim]
2. Web VR Workshop https://www.w3.org/2016/06/vr-workshop/. Michael [from janina]
16:04:34 [fesch]
zakim, nest item
16:04:34 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'nest item', fesch
16:04:41 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:04:41 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Web VR Workshop https://www.w3.org/2016/06/vr-workshop/. Michael" taken up [from janina]
16:04:41 [JF]
present+ JF
16:05:30 [fesch]
js: workshop in Mountain View CA
16:07:05 [fesch]
js: use cases still in the future
16:07:09 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:07:09 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "TPAC 2016 Planning" taken up [from See Below]
16:08:04 [fesch]
js: keep ideas coming of what we need to meet with,... looking for recruits for Research Questions
16:08:10 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:08:10 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8" taken up [from janina]
16:09:24 [MichaelC]
close action-2065
16:09:24 [trackbot]
Closed action-2065.
16:10:36 [fesch]
action-2047
16:10:36 [trackbot]
action-2047 -- Michiel Bijl to Review css grid layout https://www.w3.org/tr/css-grid-1/ -- due 2016-06-29 -- OPEN
16:10:36 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2047
16:11:18 [fesch]
mb: has 2 dimensions
16:12:00 [fesch]
mb: there are issues
16:12:16 [fesch]
js: we have an agenda item
16:13:07 [MichielBijl]
Link to a11y section in CSS Grid Layout: https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#order-accessibility
16:13:13 [fesch]
mc: will go to CSS task force (Grid Layout)
16:13:22 [MichaelC]
close action-2047
16:13:22 [trackbot]
Closed action-2047.
16:13:38 [joanie]
q+
16:14:09 [janina]
~ack j
16:14:23 [janina]
ack jo
16:14:34 [fesch]
jd: do we have a CSS task force in the works?
16:14:45 [fesch]
mc: yes
16:15:10 [fesch]
js: we expected ARIA, APA and CSS joint, but going more slowly
16:15:43 [fesch]
js: in agenda pointer to CSS TF work statement
16:16:00 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #apa
16:16:07 [Ryladog]
Katie_Haritos-Shea
16:16:15 [fesch]
action-2048
16:16:15 [trackbot]
action-2048 -- John Foliot to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/ timed text markup language 2 (ttml2) -- due 2016-07-06 -- OPEN
16:16:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2048
16:16:33 [fesch]
jf: just sent email to list before this call,
16:17:23 [fesch]
jf: a whole bunch of processing stuff, not sure whether it could be relayed to AT
16:17:48 [fesch]
jf: I may want to defer to TPAC
16:18:43 [fesch]
mc: will add to deferred
16:18:47 [MichaelC]
action-2048 due 3 months
16:18:48 [trackbot]
Set action-2048 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/ timed text markup language 2 (ttml2) due date to 2016-10-06.
16:18:53 [fesch]
jf: I need to follow up with Glen
16:19:00 [fesch]
action-2014
16:19:00 [trackbot]
action-2014 -- Fred Esch to Review micropub https://www.w3.org/tr/micropub/ -- due 2016-07-06 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:19:00 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2014
16:20:32 [janina]
q?
16:20:43 [JF]
Q+
16:20:49 [janina]
ack jf
16:21:33 [fesch]
fe: Needs an accessiblity section
16:21:34 [fesch]
images and media should be able to be uploaded and downloaded with accessibility information
16:21:36 [fesch]
For example and image should be uploaded with the string for an img alt attribute or description.
16:21:37 [fesch]
Media should be associated with closed caption tracks.
16:21:39 [fesch]
You can probably do these things with the Micorpub API, however there are no instructions or examples how to do it. There are references to microformats 2, however accessibility isn't covered except in an ad hoc way.
16:22:05 [fesch]
js: if you can write up, we can give them forward
16:23:31 [fesch]
js: we don' want them moving this forward without this being addressed
16:23:37 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:23:37 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html" taken up [from janina]
16:23:51 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-color-4/ CSS Color Module Level 4
16:23:53 [JF]
agenda?
16:24:59 [fesch]
mc: don't see anything accessibility related
16:25:19 [fesch]
jf: opacity makes calculating compliance difficult
16:25:26 [fesch]
q+
16:26:16 [fesch]
js: contrast will be a WCAG thing
16:27:03 [fesch]
mc: calculating color contrast is doable, need WCAG support
16:27:19 [janina]
ack f
16:28:04 [fesch]
ack
16:28:08 [fesch]
ack me
16:28:55 [fesch]
fe: we looked at alpha issues for automated testing in ARIA
16:29:20 [fesch]
jd: I can take this to WCAG
16:29:31 [MichaelC]
action: JF to take need for techniques to measure color contrast with alpha layer to WCAG WG related to https://www.w3.org/TR/css-color-4/ CSS Color Module Level 4
16:29:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2066 - Take need for techniques to measure color contrast with alpha layer to wcag wg related to https://www.w3.org/tr/css-color-4/ css color module level 4 [on John Foliot - due 2016-07-13].
16:29:50 [fesch]
js: we have known things we can say - contrast is important, .look at WCAG...
16:30:32 [fesch]
js: we can also bring up what we don't have a solution to
16:30:46 [fesch]
mc: what we would want in the doc is just a paragraph
16:31:09 [MichaelC]
action: janina to draft comment on https://www.w3.org/TR/css-color-4/ CSS Color Module Level 4 requesting a11y impacts section particularly with transparency and impacts on color contrast measurement
16:31:13 [fesch]
mc: it could have a sentence, it is tricky to calculate with opacity
16:31:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2067 - Draft comment on https://www.w3.org/tr/css-color-4/ css color module level 4 requesting a11y impacts section particularly with transparency and impacts on color contrast measurement [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-07-13].
16:34:12 [chaals]
chaals has joined #apa
16:34:40 [MichaelC]
action: JF to follow up on EME comments from before https://www.w3.org/TR/encrypted-media/ Encrypted Media Extensions
16:34:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2068 - Follow up on eme comments from before https://www.w3.org/tr/encrypted-media/ encrypted media extensions [on John Foliot - due 2016-07-13].
16:34:56 [fesch]
jf: all we want to do is put some authoring guidance in there, will float it on the list....
16:36:02 [MichaelC]
action: Janina to follow up on http://www.w3.org/TR/media-source/ Media Source Extensions
16:36:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2069 - Follow up on http://www.w3.org/tr/media-source/ media source extensions [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-07-13].
16:36:33 [fesch]
mc: pointer lock is on the agenda
16:36:42 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:36:42 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "HTML 5.1 Diff Review -- Open Discussion" taken up [from janina]
16:37:13 [fesch]
js: heard from a couple of folks and did not see any issues
16:37:25 [fesch]
js: I would like to look at the diff again
16:37:35 [fesch]
js: only issue raised was on longdesc
16:38:14 [fesch]
jf: longdesc is a political issue... adding it to 5.1... some complaints....
16:38:16 [MichielBijl]
janina: you can find all the changes here: http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/changes.html#changes
16:38:47 [fesch]
jf: issue is on AC list
16:39:29 [fesch]
jf: editors moved longdesc in some folks not happy
16:39:53 [fesch]
js: anyone see anything in the diffs of concern?
16:39:58 [MichaelC]
action-2069: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_Source_Extensions
16:39:59 [trackbot]
Notes added to action-2069 Follow up on http://www.w3.org/tr/media-source/ media source extensions.
16:40:12 [MichaelC]
action-2068: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Encrypted_Media_Extensions
16:40:13 [trackbot]
Notes added to action-2068 Follow up on eme comments from before https://www.w3.org/tr/encrypted-media/ encrypted media extensions.
16:40:15 [MichaelC]
action-2067: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Color_Module_Level_4
16:40:15 [trackbot]
Notes added to action-2067 Draft comment on https://www.w3.org/tr/css-color-4/ css color module level 4 requesting a11y impacts section particularly with transparency and impacts on color contrast measurement.
16:40:18 [MichaelC]
action-2066: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Color_Module_Level_4
16:40:22 [trackbot]
Notes added to action-2066 Take need for techniques to measure color contrast with alpha layer to wcag wg related to https://www.w3.org/tr/css-color-4/ css color module level 4.
16:40:23 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:40:23 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Action-2011 -- Michiel, Janina" taken up [from See Below]
16:40:36 [MichielBijl]
https://dir.rawr.eu/research/animation-text/
16:40:37 [fesch]
action-2011
16:40:38 [trackbot]
action-2011 -- Janina Sajka to Janina to draft examples of how the hand-wavey stuff in CSS Transitions accessibility statement could be solidified -- due 2016-06-29 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:40:38 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2011
16:40:58 [MichaelC]
action-2014: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Micropub
16:40:58 [trackbot]
Notes added to action-2014 Review micropub https://www.w3.org/tr/micropub/.
16:42:23 [fesch]
mb: talks about transitions... examples show how to do it...
16:43:17 [MichielBijl]
mb: currently only has example on how not to do it
16:43:26 [MichielBijl]
mb: need example on how to do it (good example)
16:44:55 [fesch]
fe: transitions in charts (unless data changes) is eye candy
16:46:37 [fesch]
zakim, take up item 10
16:46:37 [Zakim]
agendum 10. "Action-2023 Pointer Lock http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Apr/0033.html" taken up [from janina]
16:46:40 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:46:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/07/06-apa-minutes.html MichaelC
16:47:56 [fesch]
jf: Leone isn't available to be on the call, kicked off a thread in APA
16:48:31 [fesch]
s /APA/ARIA/
16:48:55 [JF]
Leon ie asked me to convey the following: The upshot is that the PL spec now includes a note to implementors, and I've kicked off a thread about API mappings in the ARIA WG - so there isn't anything else we can do within PL itself to address this AFAIK.
16:49:07 [JF]
s/Leon/Leonie
16:50:37 [fesch]
js: does that satisfy our concerns?
16:50:44 [fesch]
jf: we can't do much more
16:52:15 [MichielBijl]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2016Jul/0009.html
16:52:47 [MichielBijl]
On APA list: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jul/0010.html
16:52:58 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:52:58 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Action-2011 -- Michiel, Janina" taken up [from See Below]
16:53:50 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:53:50 [Zakim]
agendum 7 was just opened, fesch
16:53:57 [fesch]
zakim, close this item
16:53:57 [Zakim]
agendum 7 closed
16:53:58 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:53:58 [Zakim]
8. action-2056 CSS Properties and Values http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jun/0056.html [from janina]
16:54:00 [MichaelC]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Properties_and_Values_API_Level_1
16:54:03 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:54:03 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "action-2056 CSS Properties and Values http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jun/0056.html" taken up [from janina]
16:54:11 [MichaelC]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Properties_and_Values_API_Level_1
16:54:17 [JF]
scribe JF
16:54:28 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:54:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/07/06-apa-minutes.html MichaelC
16:54:38 [JF]
FE: allows properties to be defined, but noyt really maps back to rendiering
16:54:43 [MichaelC]
s/scribe JF/scribe: JF/
16:54:55 [JF]
FE: however this may be useful for PwD - this might be a good Research Question for the TF
16:55:15 [JF]
FE: thee may be some real a11y benefits here
16:55:51 [JF]
2 examples: COGA personalization, and for graphics (color blind, large charts, etc.)
16:56:19 [JF]
FE: also instructional images, shift colors, widen line widths, etc.
16:56:55 [JF]
May be able to reference alternative imagery (icons) etc.
16:57:28 [JF]
FE: recommendation to forward to RQTF and COGA
16:58:11 [MichaelC]
close action-2056
16:58:11 [trackbot]
Error closing: could not connect to Tracker. Please mail <sysreq@w3.org> with details about what happened.
16:58:14 [fesch]
rrs agent, make minutes
16:58:16 [MichaelC]
close action-2057
16:58:16 [trackbot]
Closed action-2057.
16:58:33 [fesch]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:58:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/07/06-apa-minutes.html fesch
16:59:27 [fesch]
js: anything else?
16:59:39 [fesch]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:59:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/07/06-apa-minutes.html fesch
17:09:24 [JF]
JF has left #apa
17:10:36 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has joined #apa
17:15:30 [Rich]
Rich has joined #apa
18:13:25 [fesch]
fesch has left #apa
18:52:36 [chaals]
chaals has joined #apa
20:34:20 [Rich]
Rich has joined #apa
21:21:35 [Rich]
Rich has joined #apa
21:35:12 [chaals]
chaals has joined #apa