IRC log of wot on 2016-06-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:59:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot
11:59:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/06/08-wot-irc
11:59:32 [kaz]
present+ Kaz, Dave, Achille, Joerg, Johannes, Victor
11:59:38 [kaz]
present+ Toru
11:59:47 [kaz]
present+ Matthias
12:00:16 [toru]
toru has joined #wot
12:00:54 [kaz]
present+ Yun
12:01:04 [victor]
victor has joined #wot
12:01:32 [kaz]
present+ Darko
12:01:51 [mkovatsc]
mkovatsc has joined #wot
12:02:41 [DarkoAnicic]
DarkoAnicic has joined #wot
12:03:04 [DarkoAnicic]
present+ DarkoAnicic
12:03:22 [sebastian]
sebastian has joined #wot
12:03:26 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
12:03:30 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:03:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/08-wot-minutes.html kaz
12:03:56 [kaz]
Agenda: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_8_Jun_2016
12:03:56 [sebastian]
present+ Sebastian_Kaebisch
12:04:11 [kaz]
present+ Masato
12:04:41 [kaz]
zakim, pick a scribe
12:04:41 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Kaz
12:05:29 [kaz]
scribenick: DarkoAnicic
12:05:39 [masato]
masato has joined #wot
12:05:43 [DarkoAnicic]
scribe: DarkoAnicic
12:06:46 [DarkoAnicic]
Agenda: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_8_Jun_2016
12:07:32 [DarkoAnicic]
Topic: Type System
12:08:02 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: Taki did inital work on Type System
12:08:57 [DarkoAnicic]
Viktor: we have already presented the work done so far
12:09:02 [mkovatsc]
http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#value-type
12:09:49 [mkovatsc]
* better?
12:09:55 [kaz]
s/http/-> http/
12:10:16 [DarkoAnicic]
Victor: explaining valueTypes
12:10:46 [DarkoAnicic]
Victor: it can be part of a property or input/output of actions...
12:11:42 [kaz]
s/type/type Current Practice document - value type section/
12:11:45 [DarkoAnicic]
Victor: Daniel and Taki have worked on mapping to XML
12:13:01 [katsu]
katsu has joined #wot
12:14:22 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:14:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/08-wot-minutes.html kaz
12:14:40 [DarkoAnicic]
Victor: the mapping not put yet in the document completely
12:14:58 [kaz]
present+ Ryuichi
12:15:10 [dromasca]
dromasca has joined #wot
12:15:17 [kaz]
present+ Frank
12:16:15 [DarkoAnicic]
Victor: how to serialize ValueTypes will be explained in the document (the current Practices) later
12:16:57 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: there are few comments to this work, please use the issue tracker and the mailing list to comment on
12:17:14 [dsr]
q+
12:17:22 [mkovatsc]
q?
12:17:40 [kaz]
ack d
12:17:47 [dsr]
https://github.com/w3c/web-of-things-framework/blob/master/documents/things.md
12:18:19 [sebastian]
I have some problems withe the audio...
12:18:24 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues GitHub Issues
12:18:48 [mkovatsc]
q?
12:19:18 [DarkoAnicic]
Dave: I am working on an alternative proposal and an implementation. Hope I will show it by next F2F, otherwise I will show it at TPAC
12:19:50 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/115 Issue-115 which Sebastian points out
12:20:12 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: 17th is Eclipse Hang-Out where contributers will have chance to try things out
12:20:19 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
12:20:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/08-wot-minutes.html kaz
12:20:56 [kaz]
present+ Katsuyoshi
12:21:11 [sebastian]
well, that it actually. I have one topic for the breakout session
12:21:26 [taki]
taki has joined #wot
12:21:46 [sebastian]
https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/proposals/resource-parameters
12:22:45 [DarkoAnicic]
s/17th/June 17th
12:22:55 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: I have a new topic for the break-up session on query parameters
12:23:12 [mkovatsc]
q?
12:23:46 [DarkoAnicic]
Victor: will you have a proposal before the session
12:24:10 [sebastian]
+1
12:24:41 [mkovatsc]
q?
12:24:51 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: please provide details on the proposal in a dedicated GIT folder so that the other contributers may extend it or comment on it
12:25:02 [kaz]
present+ Takuki
12:26:25 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: Taki, will you have additional content for the Current Practice document?
12:26:47 [DarkoAnicic]
Taki: the content is essentially already there.
12:27:04 [DarkoAnicic]
...our line broke up
12:27:42 [jhund]
q+ to ask when we should freeze current practices and when proposals should be merged
12:28:01 [mkovatsc]
ack j
12:28:01 [Zakim]
jhund, you wanted to ask when we should freeze current practices and when proposals should be merged
12:29:18 [DarkoAnicic]
Johannes: when is the deadline for the document to be finalized?
12:30:14 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: June 10th is the deadline
12:30:55 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: we will try to resolve issues in a week
12:32:06 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: to all - please provide further topics for break out sessions
12:32:37 [mkovatsc]
q?
12:32:57 [DarkoAnicic]
Topic: WoT Comm
12:33:06 [dsr]
q+
12:33:08 [kaz]
present+ Dan
12:33:15 [mkovatsc]
q?
12:33:21 [mkovatsc]
ack dsr
12:33:25 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: Daniel in on vacation, he was suposed to report on
12:33:35 [kaz]
q+
12:34:24 [joerg]
q+
12:34:34 [mkovatsc]
ack kaz
12:34:38 [DarkoAnicic]
Dave: define criteria for listing them on the web page
12:34:50 [jhund]
q+ to suggest discussing the criteria for the page listing in beijing
12:36:17 [mkovatsc]
ack joerg
12:36:18 [DarkoAnicic]
kaz: information on implementations from external contributors could be added into the CP document
12:37:33 [kaz]
s/CP document/Current Practice document if they participate in PlugFest (e.g., OCF is planning to participate in the PlugFest at TPAC in Lisbon)/
12:37:48 [jhund]
ack jhund
12:37:48 [Zakim]
jhund, you wanted to suggest discussing the criteria for the page listing in beijing
12:38:45 [DarkoAnicic]
Joerg: we have the initial group of implementations. In the next step we could identify and categorize implementations that were not directly related to the CP document but they are useful for us and should be categorized.
12:39:47 [mkovatsc]
q?
12:39:57 [DarkoAnicic]
Johannes: we should link related projects
12:40:23 [DarkoAnicic]
Subtopic: Liaison request from ISO JTC1 WG 10
12:40:48 [mkovatsc]
q+
12:41:25 [DarkoAnicic]
Dave: we need reviers for liasons
12:41:26 [mkovatsc]
ack m
12:42:01 [kaz]
s/reviers/reviewers/
12:42:25 [DarkoAnicic]
Dave: liasons help in sharing specifications and would be helpful for us
12:43:07 [joerg]
Can we ask for at least one volunteer / care taker per liaison?
12:43:23 [joerg]
this should be persistent over time.
12:43:42 [mkovatsc]
q?
12:43:44 [DarkoAnicic]
Dave: in WoT Comm group we will prepare a table with requests for liaisons reviews
12:44:26 [DarkoAnicic]
Topic: IG Re-charter
12:44:40 [kaz]
s/Subtopic:/topic:/
12:46:14 [joerg]
q+
12:46:42 [DarkoAnicic]
Dave: we need a group resolution on initiating the AC Review
12:47:10 [kaz]
-> http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-ig-2016.html draft IG Charter
12:47:38 [jhund]
https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/181
12:47:48 [mkovatsc]
q?
12:47:52 [mkovatsc]
ack j
12:48:04 [DarkoAnicic]
Joerg: I would have some changes on Mission Statements
12:48:25 [ryuichi]
ryuichi has joined #wot
12:48:30 [kaz]
-> https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues remaining Issues
12:48:36 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: current issues could be quickly resolved
12:49:09 [kaz]
q+
12:49:31 [kaz]
ack k
12:50:18 [kaz]
q+
12:50:40 [mkovatsc]
ack k
12:52:44 [kaz]
collect interoperable implementation experience
12:53:32 [dsr]
s/interoperable/interoperabilty/
12:57:37 [kaz]
q+
12:58:16 [DarkoAnicic]
...we are currently offline, can sombody take minuts for a minut
12:58:24 [mkovatsc]
we lost audio
13:00:26 [DarkoAnicic]
Dave: date should be changed to Q3
13:00:57 [DarkoAnicic]
Kaz: the start shoube be on August 1st
13:01:20 [kaz]
s/the start shoube/the start date should/
13:01:27 [kaz]
s/on August/August/
13:01:27 [mkovatsc]
https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/181/files
13:05:29 [DarkoAnicic]
Mathias resolving issue on "interconnect" raised by Joerg.
13:05:53 [DarkoAnicic]
s/Mathias/Matthias
13:06:31 [kaz]
+1
13:06:34 [mkovatsc]
+1
13:07:22 [kaz]
q+
13:07:59 [mkovatsc]
ack kaz
13:08:53 [DarkoAnicic]
Kaz: we should define end of the WG, e.g., end of 2018
13:09:34 [kaz]
s/end of the WG/concrete date for the IG End Date/
13:10:08 [kaz]
s/2018/2018 with some note saying "(expecting the same end data as the proposed WG)"
13:10:20 [DarkoAnicic]
Joerg: does it make sense to end earlier with IG?
13:10:36 [kaz]
q+
13:10:47 [mkovatsc]
ack kaz
13:10:48 [mkovatsc]
q+
13:11:20 [DarkoAnicic]
Kaz: we can clsoe IG or WG anytime as long as deliverables are finalized
13:12:01 [joerg]
ok, understood
13:12:08 [DarkoAnicic]
Dave: we can recharter whenever the group focus changes
13:12:30 [mkovatsc]
ack m
13:12:58 [kaz]
Kaz: and we need to generate an updated Charter for rechartering
13:13:08 [kaz]
ack k
13:14:34 [dsr]
Resolution: with the changes agreed in this call, the Interest Group agrees to seek the Advisory Committee Review of the new Interest Group Charter
13:14:35 [DarkoAnicic]
Dave: with changes aggred in this call we seek inititaing AC ref for the review
13:14:46 [jhund]
+1 from Johannes Hund
13:14:49 [kaz]
s/aggred/agreed/
13:14:51 [mkovatsc]
+1
13:14:54 [kaz]
+1
13:14:54 [taki]
+1
13:15:11 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft mintues
13:15:11 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'draft mintues', kaz. Try /msg RRSAgent help
13:15:21 [joerg]
+1
13:15:22 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:15:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/08-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:15:28 [kaz]
s|rrsagent, draft mintues||
13:15:28 [DarkoAnicic]
+1
13:16:28 [DarkoAnicic]
Kaz: so the version is approved
13:16:29 [kaz]
[ the above resolution is approved :) ]
13:16:36 [kaz]
s/version/resolution/
13:17:39 [jhund]
https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/173
13:17:51 [kaz]
i|https|topic: Script API|
13:18:01 [DarkoAnicic]
Johannes: talks about issue on the scripting API
13:18:05 [kaz]
s/Script/Scripting/
13:27:55 [DarkoAnicic]
Johannes: please have a look at the proposal on the scripting API and comment out or give a feed back
13:28:10 [kaz]
s/feed back/feedback/
13:28:20 [mkovatsc]
q?
13:28:24 [kaz]
q+
13:28:31 [mkovatsc]
ack kaz
13:29:20 [DarkoAnicic]
Kaz: I can provide a feedback fom the Automotive WG on custom events
13:29:35 [kaz]
s/fom/on/
13:29:51 [kaz]
s/the Automotive/the MMI WG and the Automotive/
13:30:16 [kaz]
s/on custom/about custom/
13:30:20 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:30:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/08-wot-minutes.html kaz
13:30:32 [mkovatsc]
q?
13:30:36 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: agenda points for the next meeting:
13:30:45 [kaz]
q+
13:31:30 [kaz]
ack k
13:31:30 [DarkoAnicic]
Kaz: nobody so far responded w.r.t ideas for Plug Fest, please give your proposals
13:31:36 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_China,_Beijing#PlugFest plugfest wiki
13:32:13 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: if you have further comments on the CP document, please give us your proposal
13:32:32 [DarkoAnicic]
end of the call
13:32:34 [DarkoAnicic]
rrsagent, create minutes
13:32:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/08-wot-minutes.html DarkoAnicic
13:40:32 [taki]
taki has left #wot
14:12:37 [dfr]
dfr has joined #wot
15:40:52 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wot
17:34:07 [bengo]
bengo has joined #wot
17:43:40 [bengo_]
bengo_ has joined #wot
18:10:10 [bengo]
bengo has joined #wot