IRC log of apa on 2016-06-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:43:03 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #apa
15:43:03 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/06/08-apa-irc
15:43:05 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:43:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #apa
15:43:07 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
15:43:07 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
15:43:08 [trackbot]
Meeting: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
15:43:08 [trackbot]
Date: 08 June 2016
15:43:11 [janina]
agenda?
15:43:15 [janina]
agenda+ preview agenda with items from two minutes
15:43:15 [janina]
agenda+ RQTF CfC http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2016Jun/0000.html
15:43:18 [janina]
agenda+ Preparing for COGA FPWD Publication CfC
15:43:21 [janina]
agenda+ TPAC 2016 Planning [See Below]
15:43:23 [janina]
agenda+ Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
15:43:26 [janina]
agenda+ new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
15:43:28 [janina]
agenda+ Action-2023 Pointer Lock http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Apr/0033.html
15:43:31 [janina]
agenda+ CSS A11y TF Draft https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/css-a11y/work-statement
15:43:34 [janina]
agenda+ Other Business
15:43:37 [janina]
agenda+ next and future meetings
15:43:39 [janina]
agenda+ be done
16:00:28 [janina]
Thanks, Shane!
16:00:33 [janina]
present+ Janina
16:00:37 [janina]
Chair: Janina
16:00:41 [janina]
zakim, next item
16:00:41 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "preview agenda with items from two minutes" taken up [from janina]
16:01:33 [joanie]
present+ Joanmarie_Diggs
16:01:50 [JF]
JF has joined #apa
16:02:36 [JF]
present+ JF
16:02:50 [fesch]
fesch has joined #apa
16:04:07 [fesch]
present+ fesch
16:04:19 [fesch]
regrets Rich
16:04:24 [MichaelC]
present+ MichaelC
16:04:32 [MichaelC]
present+ LĂ©onie
16:04:34 [fesch]
scribe: fesch
16:05:20 [LJWatson]
LJWatson has joined #apa
16:05:27 [fesch]
js: we have a work statement for a new task force
16:05:35 [LJWatson]
present+ LJWatson
16:05:41 [JF]
agenda?
16:05:49 [fesch]
js: bits of news?
16:06:00 [janina]
regrets: Shane, Gottfried
16:06:33 [fesch]
jf: work on WCAG next or 2.1 started talking about projected timelines... target date mid year 2018 (wag)
16:06:56 [fesch]
jf: new stuff in would have a deadline of Dec 2016
16:07:09 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:07:09 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "RQTF CfC http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2016Jun/0000.html" taken up [from janina]
16:07:56 [fesch]
js: Research questions TF in CFC, CFC time to respond expires tomorrow midnight, questions?
16:08:05 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:08:05 [Zakim]
agendum 2 was just opened, fesch
16:08:13 [fesch]
zakim, close item 2
16:08:13 [Zakim]
agendum 2, RQTF CfC http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2016Jun/0000.html, closed
16:08:15 [Zakim]
I see 9 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:08:15 [Zakim]
3. Preparing for COGA FPWD Publication CfC [from janina]
16:08:19 [fesch]
zakim next item
16:08:26 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:08:26 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Preparing for COGA FPWD Publication CfC" taken up [from janina]
16:08:59 [MichaelC]
regrets+ Rich
16:09:17 [fesch]
js: COGA is getting near a first working draft, don't have a URI or CFG, but you can start looking at it
16:09:32 [fesch]
js: where should we point folks to?
16:09:54 [fesch]
mc: I am still trying to get them into a set...
16:10:07 [fesch]
js: is the best place the wiki until you get them gathered?
16:10:09 [MichaelC]
https://github.com/w3c/coga
16:10:10 [fesch]
mc: no
16:10:40 [fesch]
mc: gap analysis section, and issue papers in COGA git repository
16:11:03 [MichaelC]
-> http://w3c.github.io/coga/gap-analysis/ COGA Gap Analysis
16:11:33 [MichaelC]
-> http://w3c.github.io/coga/issue-papers/ COGA Issue Papers
16:11:48 [fesch]
mc: a lot of stuff going on, hard to get everything done for COGA
16:12:37 [fesch]
js: when do expect this to come to APA and WCAG - probably gating factor is when Michael can whip these into shape...
16:13:32 [fesch]
mc: Lisa wants a CFC soon, it will take me a couple of weeks before I can get them into a publication state.... Lisa wants content review...
16:14:23 [fesch]
js: hard to know where to look right now
16:15:02 [fesch]
js: can get group to start looking at things.... use the two COGA URI's above
16:15:21 [fesch]
js: quite a lot of stuff in there...
16:15:40 [fesch]
js: still too early for publication, but not too early to look at content
16:15:45 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:15:45 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "TPAC 2016 Planning" taken up [from See Below]
16:16:41 [fesch]
js: working on agenda, will be working with other groups for joint topics... within 100 days
16:17:10 [fesch]
js: make reservations ... Lisbon is busy
16:17:19 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:17:19 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8" taken up [from janina]
16:18:04 [MichaelC]
action-2051 due 1 week
16:18:04 [trackbot]
Set action-2051 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/css-overflow-3/ css overflow module level 3 due date to 2016-06-15.
16:19:12 [fesch]
js: audio doc doesn't cover all use cases in the MAUR...
16:19:34 [fesch]
js: other use cases should be considered...
16:19:39 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:19:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/08-apa-minutes.html MichaelC
16:19:55 [fesch]
js: singularity of the API is a concern
16:20:18 [MichaelC]
-> http://www.w3.org/TR/audio-output/ Audio Output Devices API
16:20:59 [fesch]
js: I will write up a response and forward to list for review/comments before sending on
16:21:02 [MichaelC]
action-2050 due 1 week
16:21:02 [trackbot]
Set action-2050 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/audio-output/ audio output devices api due date to 2016-06-15.
16:21:19 [MichaelC]
action-2049 due 1 week
16:21:19 [trackbot]
Set action-2049 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/mediacapture-streams/ media capture and streams due date to 2016-06-15.
16:21:33 [fesch]
js: big spec not finished
16:22:16 [MichaelC]
action-2047?
16:22:16 [trackbot]
action-2047 -- Michiel Bijl to Review css grid layout https://www.w3.org/tr/css-grid-1/ -- due 2016-06-01 -- OPEN
16:22:16 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2047
16:22:37 [fesch]
action-2046
16:22:37 [trackbot]
action-2046 -- Cynthia Shelly to Add headings for ordering in css aam http://github/w3c/aria/css-aam/css-aam.html -- due 2016-06-01 -- OPEN
16:22:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2046
16:22:48 [MichaelC]
action-2046 due 1 week
16:22:48 [trackbot]
Set action-2046 Add headings for ordering in css aam http://github/w3c/aria/css-aam/css-aam.html due date to 2016-06-15.
16:22:58 [fesch]
action-2037
16:22:58 [trackbot]
action-2037 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Re-review https://www.w3.org/tr/selection-api/ selection api -- due 2016-06-08 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:22:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2037
16:23:21 [fesch]
js: will pick it up after new pubs
16:24:18 [MichaelC]
action-1750 due 1 week
16:24:18 [trackbot]
Set action-1750 Review ui events due date to 2016-06-15.
16:24:25 [fesch]
cs: making progress on ui events
16:24:26 [MichaelC]
action-2011 due 1 week
16:24:26 [trackbot]
Set action-2011 Janina to draft examples of how the hand-wavey stuff in CSS Transitions accessibility statement could be solidified due date to 2016-06-15.
16:24:35 [MichaelC]
action-2047 due 1 week
16:24:35 [trackbot]
Set action-2047 Review css grid layout https://www.w3.org/tr/css-grid-1/ due date to 2016-06-15.
16:24:45 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:24:45 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html" taken up [from janina]
16:25:16 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-content-3/ CSS Generated Content Module Level 3
16:25:56 [MichaelC]
action: cynthia to review CSS Generated Content Module Level 3 https://www.w3.org/TR/css-content-3/
16:25:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2054 - Review css generated content module level 3 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-content-3/ [on Cynthia Shelly - due 2016-06-15].
16:26:45 [MichaelC]
action-2054 due 1 month
16:26:45 [trackbot]
Set action-2054 Review css generated content module level 3 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-content-3/ due date to 2016-07-08.
16:26:57 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-paint-api-1/ CSS Painting API Level 1
16:27:22 [MichaelC]
action: fesch to review CSS Painting API Level 1 https://www.w3.org/TR/css-paint-api-1/
16:27:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2055 - Review css painting api level 1 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-paint-api-1/ [on Fred Esch - due 2016-06-15].
16:27:44 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-properties-values-api-1/ CSS Properties and Values API Level 1
16:29:17 [MichaelC]
action: fesch to review CSS Properties and Values API Level 1 https://www.w3.org/TR/css-properties-values-api-1/
16:29:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2056 - Review css properties and values api level 1 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-properties-values-api-1/ [on Fred Esch - due 2016-06-15].
16:29:24 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to review CSS Properties and Values API Level 1 https://www.w3.org/TR/css-properties-values-api-1/
16:29:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2057 - Review css properties and values api level 1 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-properties-values-api-1/ [on Michael Cooper - due 2016-06-15].
16:29:30 [MichaelC]
action: cynthia to review CSS Properties and Values API Level 1 https://www.w3.org/TR/css-properties-values-api-1/
16:29:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2058 - Review css properties and values api level 1 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-properties-values-api-1/ [on Cynthia Shelly - due 2016-06-15].
16:29:32 [JF]
Q+ to enquire after the proposed "generic" statement or process we discussed at last year's TPAC (with Web Payments folk)
16:30:04 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-pseudo-4/ CSS Pseudo-Elements Module Level 4
16:30:11 [MichaelC]
action: fesch to review CSS Pseudo-Elements Module Level 4 https://www.w3.org/TR/css-pseudo-4/
16:30:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2059 - Review css pseudo-elements module level 4 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-pseudo-4/ [on Fred Esch - due 2016-06-15].
16:31:02 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-typed-om-1/ CSS Typed OM Level 1
16:32:07 [fesch]
mc: we can pass on
16:32:22 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/mediacapture-fromelement/ Media Capture from DOM Elements
16:33:27 [MichaelC]
action: janina to review Media Capture from DOM Elements https://www.w3.org/TR/mediacapture-fromelement/
16:33:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2060 - Review media capture from dom elements https://www.w3.org/tr/mediacapture-fromelement/ [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-06-15].
16:33:46 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/referrer-policy/ Referrer Policy
16:35:22 [fesch]
mc: may be able to pass, one use case - if you follow a link - willing to pass
16:35:51 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/screen-capture/ Screen Capture
16:36:32 [MichaelC]
action: to review Screen Capture https://www.w3.org/TR/screen-capture/
16:36:32 [trackbot]
Error finding 'to'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/users>.
16:36:56 [MichaelC]
action: janina to review Screen Capture https://www.w3.org/TR/screen-capture/
16:36:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2061 - Review screen capture https://www.w3.org/tr/screen-capture/ [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-06-15].
16:37:09 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/UISecurity/ User Interface Security and the Visibility API
16:38:30 [fesch]
mc: there is a accessibility note...
16:38:56 [MichaelC]
-> https://www.w3.org/TR/worklets-1/ Worklets Level 1
16:39:43 [fesch]
jf: probably internal gut stuff...
16:39:54 [fesch]
cs: might have some test cases...
16:40:34 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:40:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/08-apa-minutes.html MichaelC
16:41:10 [fesch]
jf: css properties... maybe we should have security and privacy but nothing on accessibility... in Japan I thought we discussed having a stock blurb for accessibility
16:41:21 [MichaelC]
-> https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/charter-template.html Charter templaet
16:41:22 [JF]
ack JF
16:41:22 [Zakim]
JF, you wanted to enquire after the proposed "generic" statement or process we discussed at last year's TPAC (with Web Payments folk)
16:41:51 [fesch]
mc: for new working groups, starting a new charter ... working groups are asked to add ... impacts on accessibility...
16:42:24 [fesch]
mc: this has only been in the charter template for a month or so... so most WG haven't seen it yet
16:42:38 [JF]
zakim, who is noisy
16:42:38 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is noisy', JF
16:42:47 [fesch]
cs: does respec -- missed content==
16:43:19 [janina]
ack jf
16:43:33 [fesch]
mc: respec and a quality assurance group, we may want a best practices and talk about it at TPAC
16:43:51 [JF]
+1 to a working session on this at TPAC
16:44:27 [fesch]
cs: can have a top 10 thin gs when writing a spec
16:44:33 [JF]
propose we make this a session at TPAC as part of the plenary day
16:44:46 [fesch]
js: we have a doc in our charter, Michael has been working on...
16:44:46 [MichaelC]
-> http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html Draft Accessibility Consideration Checklist
16:45:05 [MichaelC]
-> http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/wtag.html Draft Web Technology Accessibility Guidelines
16:45:11 [fesch]
mc: similar to checklist for globablization....
16:46:07 [JF]
agenda?
16:46:55 [fesch]
TOPIC: action-2037
16:47:01 [fesch]
action-2037
16:47:01 [trackbot]
action-2037 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Re-review https://www.w3.org/tr/selection-api/ selection api -- due 2016-06-08 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:47:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2037
16:47:21 [fesch]
jd: minor editorial changes
16:47:41 [fesch]
jd: API has aliases, nothing significant that we need to do
16:47:53 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:47:53 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Action-2023 Pointer Lock http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Apr/0033.html" taken up [from janina]
16:48:48 [fesch]
jf: Leonie and I had a chat... talked with AI 2 can we wait... Leonie has dropped off the call
16:48:57 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:48:57 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "CSS A11y TF Draft https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/css-a11y/work-statement" taken up [from janina]
16:49:57 [fesch]
js: APA + CSS + ARIA task force have seen strong +1s, Leone suggested that we have 3 facilitators - one from each WG
16:50:46 [fesch]
js: any comments on the work statement? If not I will send it off to CSS, I think I know what Rich will say - post ARIA 1.1...
16:50:59 [fesch]
cs: post 1.1 sounds perfect
16:51:20 [MichaelC]
close action-2037
16:51:20 [trackbot]
Closed action-2037.
16:51:33 [fesch]
js: need a list of all the CSS docs with issues
16:51:39 [fesch]
cs: agreed
16:51:57 [fesch]
js: any comments on draft work statement?
16:52:49 [fesch]
js: we will wait a few more days... and send it over to CSS chairs... expect some pushback
16:52:54 [fesch]
zakim, next item
16:52:54 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "Other Business" taken up [from janina]
16:53:09 [fesch]
cs: test automation
16:53:38 [fesch]
cs: 2 areas need work - testing creation and clients for Mac and xxx
16:54:01 [fesch]
jf: I thought Jon Gunderson was heading up the testing activity...
16:54:13 [fesch]
jf: may belong on the ARIA call
16:54:27 [fesch]
jf: I still have two guys that are waiting
16:54:47 [fesch]
cs: we need my guy to get connected to your two guys...
16:55:00 [fesch]
jf: I think we should include Jon Gunderson in the loop
16:55:53 [fesch]
cs: can we add test automation to the ARIA WG agenda?
16:56:02 [fesch]
mc: yes, agenda already sent out
16:56:49 [fesch]
js: regrets for ARIA call
16:57:07 [fesch]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:57:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/08-apa-minutes.html fesch
16:58:01 [fesch]
js: expect organizational subjects on this call in the next few weeks
16:58:13 [fesch]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:58:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/06/08-apa-minutes.html fesch
18:10:03 [chaals]
chaals has joined #apa
18:15:49 [chaals1]
chaals1 has joined #apa