IRC log of dwbp on 2016-05-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:58:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dwbp
12:58:47 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/05/06-dwbp-irc
12:58:49 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs 351
12:58:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dwbp
12:58:51 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DWBP
12:58:51 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot
12:58:52 [trackbot]
Meeting: Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference
12:58:52 [trackbot]
Date: 06 May 2016
12:58:58 [phila]
chair: yaso
12:59:43 [yaso]
Hi phila, good morning
12:59:50 [phila]
agenda: Hi yaso
12:59:56 [yaso]
I'm sorry to ask again, but, what's the paswd?
13:01:24 [phila]
zakim, code?
13:01:24 [Zakim]
I have been told this is DWBP
13:01:43 [phila]
zakim, this is https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mfd8626d4dcc14c87bfbe980f229e9e0a ID: 647 415 866 pw: dwbp
13:01:43 [Zakim]
got it, phila
13:01:43 [yaso]
the access code?
13:01:49 [yaso]
great, thanks!
13:01:50 [phila]
zakim, save this description
13:01:50 [Zakim]
this conference description has been saved, phila
13:01:54 [phila]
zakim, code?
13:01:54 [Zakim]
I have been told this is https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mfd8626d4dcc14c87bfbe980f229e9e0a ID: 647 415 866 pw: dwbp
13:02:01 [Bart_van_Leeuwen]
Bart_van_Leeuwen has joined #dwbp
13:02:15 [yaso]
isn't working on the phone
13:02:57 [yaso]
It says that the access code isn't valid
13:03:07 [yaso]
or the meeting has not started..
13:03:40 [BernadetteLoscio]
BernadetteLoscio has joined #dwbp
13:04:11 [Eric_Kauz]
Eric_Kauz has joined #DWBP
13:04:34 [yaso]
Bart_van_Leeuwen, is 647415866
13:05:16 [newton]
newton has joined #dwbp
13:05:37 [ericstephan]
ericstephan has joined #dwbp
13:05:47 [ericstephan]
present+ ericstephan
13:05:55 [yaso]
present+ yaso
13:06:07 [phila]
present+ phila, ericK
13:06:20 [phila]
scribe: Eric_Kauz
13:06:26 [phila]
scribeNick Eric_Kauz
13:06:28 [yaso]
https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20160506
13:06:30 [laufer]
laufer has joined #dwbp
13:06:32 [BernadetteLoscio]
present+ BernadetteLoscio
13:06:39 [phila]
agenda: https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20160506
13:06:40 [nandana]
nandana has joined #dwbp
13:07:44 [phila]
Topic: BP doc
13:07:48 [Eric_Kauz]
Yaso: start by discussing ioen comments.
13:07:55 [ericstephan]
q+
13:07:59 [newton]
present+ newton
13:07:59 [phila]
-> http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html Editr's draft
13:08:00 [BernadetteLoscio]
https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Comments_to_be_considered_in_the_last_call_working_draft
13:08:08 [ericstephan]
q-
13:08:28 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: comment on data safety still open the rest is addressed
13:08:50 [ericstephan]
yaso - did we vote on last week's minutes? Just a reminder just in case.
13:08:51 [Eric_Kauz]
present+ Eric_Kauz
13:09:03 [yaso]
s/data safety/data sensitive
13:09:28 [yaso]
ericstephan, yes! you're right :-)D
13:09:35 [yaso]
I'll go back to them
13:09:39 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: sent message that comments were almost all addressed. Group should look at comments and commits.
13:09:47 [ericstephan]
:-)
13:09:50 [yaso]
thanks
13:10:06 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: really happy :)
13:11:36 [phila]
regrets+ Annette, Hadley
13:11:45 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: 87 comments, still have a few issues we can deal with next week, but feels we can publish this version.
13:12:04 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: data safety and approach to implementation for real time access.
13:12:50 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: still need to correct some URIs. included on separate html page, annette made comment on URIs, still need to correct
13:13:04 [laufer]
laufer has joined #dwbp
13:13:25 [Eric_Kauz]
yaso: congrats, really impressive, forgot to vote minutes., Now need to vote minutes
13:13:33 [yaso]
https://www.w3.org/2016/04/29-dwbp-minutes
13:13:41 [phila]
PROPOSED: Accept last week's minutes https://www.w3.org/2016/04/29-dwbp-minutes
13:13:47 [yaso]
+1
13:13:48 [ericstephan]
+1
13:13:50 [BernadetteLoscio]
+1
13:13:51 [phila]
+1
13:13:51 [Eric_Kauz]
+1
13:14:02 [phila]
RESOLUTION: Accept last week's minutes https://www.w3.org/2016/04/29-dwbp-minutes
13:14:11 [ericstephan]
thank you Phil for getting the minutes out, it really helps reviewing them after the meeting
13:14:16 [laufer]
present+ laufer
13:14:34 [ericstephan]
q+
13:14:58 [Eric_Kauz]
yaso: should we discuss data sensitive section? Can we address it here.
13:15:33 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: yes can address it, make a proposal and later on talk to annette, understands here point on this.
13:15:43 [yaso]
q?
13:15:50 [yaso]
ack ericstephan
13:16:00 [ericstephan]
https://gregnorc.github.io/ping-privacy-questions/
13:16:44 [Eric_Kauz]
ericstephan: reconnected with privacy interest group. Review last week on web annotations vocabulary, email talked about different privacy questions. still evolving.
13:17:50 [Eric_Kauz]
ericstephan: one of the areas that struck him about sensitive data, questions publishers should ask themselves about sharing privacy data, need to let people know when their privacy information is being shared
13:18:33 [yaso]
q?
13:18:36 [Eric_Kauz]
ericstephan: there are some concepts we can add to data sensitivity section (not completely broken). Intro section and best practices do not match.
13:19:27 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: agrees with Eric and Annette, problem is best practice is about explaining why some data is not available, not only about sensitive data, if data is not available explain why it is not.
13:20:17 [yaso]
q?
13:20:22 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: need to change introduction to be more general and not talk about sensitive data or move best practice to data access section. best practice to stay the same. Way it is now is not good
13:20:57 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: title of section should not be sensitive data. do not address privacy issues, out of scope of document
13:21:14 [ericstephan]
q+
13:21:19 [phila]
q+
13:21:40 [yaso]
ack ericstephan
13:21:45 [Eric_Kauz]
yaso: agrees with bernadette, second one is the best option. focuses more on availability not type of data. should not address privacy
13:22:32 [Eric_Kauz]
ericstephan: agrees mostly with bernadette, but need to include people should be conscious about what they are publishing and it may be privacy data, should include a caution.
13:22:37 [yaso]
ack phila
13:22:39 [yaso]
q?
13:23:02 [BernadetteLoscio]
yes
13:23:19 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: we have had best practives that are weak about preserving privacy. agrees that intro to section does not match best practices.
13:24:38 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: some of text can be adapted and moved as part of data enrichment section. orphan section (data enrich) give examples there and could take information in intro and put it into data enrichment section.
13:24:43 [BernadetteLoscio]
q+
13:24:47 [yaso]
ack BernadetteLoscio
13:24:50 [ericstephan]
q+
13:24:52 [Eric_Kauz]
yaso: agrees
13:24:58 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: agrees
13:25:17 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: likes Phil's idea.
13:25:45 [yaso1]
yaso1 has joined #dwbp
13:25:54 [yaso]
q?
13:26:16 [yaso]
ack ericstephan
13:26:18 [Eric_Kauz]
yaso: for data not available is not just because it is not open
13:26:59 [BernadetteLoscio]
q+
13:27:06 [yaso]
ack BernadetteLoscio
13:27:08 [Eric_Kauz]
ericstephan: thinking about descriptive metadata section, may be good idea to also include it in descriptive metadata as a pointer.
13:27:56 [yaso]
q?
13:28:30 [Eric_Kauz]
ericstephan: blend sensitive data section into data enrichment or taking best practice into section or both.
13:29:07 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: best practice goes to sensitive data section
13:30:24 [Eric_Kauz]
ericstephan: proposing some work on privacy and provenance. becoming conscious on when you share metadata. provenance requires metadata
13:30:57 [BernadetteLoscio]
q+
13:31:13 [yaso]
ack BernadetteLoscio
13:31:13 [Eric_Kauz]
ericstephan: if we are putting sensitive data in data enrichment section, but a citation in section that if it includes sensitive information, here are some guidelines, a reference if cleanly described.
13:31:52 [yaso]
q+
13:31:55 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: do you think we will have sensitive data in metadata
13:32:42 [BernadetteLoscio]
q+
13:33:12 [Eric_Kauz]
ericstephan: with provenance, these are kind of things privacy group is working, when necessary share descriptive metadata but be aware for example clinical health data,
13:33:19 [phila]
q+ to suggest that Eric offer some text to cover that?
13:33:43 [yaso]
ack yaso
13:33:55 [yaso]
ack BernadetteLoscio
13:33:57 [Eric_Kauz]
yaso: doesnt know how to cover this issue in data enrichment section
13:34:57 [ericstephan]
I think an intro in the metadata section would be fine
13:35:00 [phila]
ack me
13:35:00 [Zakim]
phila, you wanted to suggest that Eric offer some text to cover that?
13:35:04 [yaso]
ack phila
13:35:06 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: if we also have sensitive metadata this applies to different types and thus difficult to include in just one best practice, difficult to see where we will have sensitive metadata
13:35:14 [laufer]
+1 to talk that privacy applies to all published data, including metadata
13:35:25 [ericstephan]
Yes I will send something out today.
13:35:40 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: could Eric find a place to put it and create text, can Eric take action item
13:35:49 [laufer]
this include feedback too
13:35:51 [Eric_Kauz]
ericstephan: yes, he will take action item
13:36:06 [phila]
action: ericstephan to suggest sentence/location for sentence to cover sensitive data in metadata section
13:36:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-278 - Suggest sentence/location for sentence to cover sensitive data in metadata section [on Eric Stephan - due 2016-05-13].
13:36:07 [yaso]
q?
13:36:51 [ericstephan]
do we want to propose to put the section in the data enrichment and hold the vote in email so Annette can comment?
13:37:25 [phila]
PROPOSED: To move and adapt sensitive data intro text into intro for data enrichment. Move data unavailable BP to Data Access
13:37:36 [ericstephan]
+1
13:37:56 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: would like to do this asap. better to do this and have annette decide ot like or not like
13:38:01 [yaso]
+1
13:38:05 [phila]
+1
13:38:07 [BernadetteLoscio]
+1
13:38:07 [newton]
+1
13:38:07 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: is good with proposa;
13:38:11 [Eric_Kauz]
+1
13:38:14 [laufer]
+1
13:38:18 [phila]
RESOLUTION: To move and adapt sensitive data intro text into intro for data enrichment. Move data unavailable BP to Data Access
13:38:20 [ericstephan]
Phila delivers "asap"
13:38:45 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: can help with text after the call
13:39:10 [Eric_Kauz]
yaso: other topic is discuss open comments.
13:40:00 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: just comment 20 about data identifiers. In best practice 11.
13:40:11 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: does not agree with annette
13:40:13 [yaso]
q?
13:41:15 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: annette says it BP is more about creating your own and not reuse, but section does cover both. Use other's URIs, include products too :)
13:41:36 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: thinks this advice is consistent with subject of best practice.
13:42:16 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: subheading is not what whole best practice is about , Phil is happy with section as it is.
13:42:29 [Eric_Kauz]
yaso: will contact annette.
13:43:01 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: would be a good place in BP to refer to GS1 work, can put link in
13:43:14 [yaso]
q?
13:43:30 [phila]
Eric_Kauz: On GS1 we've done a lot of work on products IDs of course and a product vocab, and BPs in terms of URIs to represent IDs.
13:43:40 [phila]
... Our product IDs and producers
13:44:08 [BernadetteLoscio]
http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#identifiersWithinDatasets
13:45:00 [ericstephan]
It is a good practical example +1 using gs1
13:45:26 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: massage section to include work of GS1 on identifiers.
13:45:44 [phila]
action Eric_Kauz to offer text for BP 11 to refer to Digital GS1
13:45:44 [trackbot]
Error finding 'Eric_Kauz'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/users>.
13:45:50 [phila]
action Kauz to offer text for BP 11 to refer to Digital GS1
13:45:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-279 - Offer text for bp 11 to refer to digital gs1 [on Eric Kauz - due 2016-05-13].
13:46:07 [yaso]
q?
13:46:11 [ericstephan]
I think we are very close on real time access implementation
13:46:49 [Eric_Kauz]
yaso: do you want to go down to some details.
13:47:13 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: talk about schedule first. do we need to wait until next friday to vote.
13:48:05 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: can we vote by email, worried about time.
13:48:27 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: from point of view of editors, do not have a lot of changes to make.
13:49:22 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: changes have been incremental. having resolved three issues, it would be good for chairs to advertise that we will be voting next week.
13:50:07 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: people can review comments and document, suggest we advertise that on Friday 13th we will be voting to publish this document as final document that group will produce
13:50:43 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: state period of time that we will accept comments on document.
13:51:07 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: would also like to vote on vocabulary as well.
13:51:43 [Eric_Kauz]
yaso: agrees, may need to advertise the voting so group can be present to vote it.
13:52:14 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: doesnt feel we need to freeze it for one week and wait another week., likes Phil's proposal.
13:53:11 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: asking yaso to send email to the group. resolved issues and expect to be on call next week Vote equals that we have completed document to best of our abilities and want to vote on Vocabs as well.
13:53:22 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: document will be frozen today.
13:54:07 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: send message that we will vote next week. No need to say it is frozen.
13:54:37 [laufer]
could we have in the email a single url with all the updates?
13:55:30 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: no issue with proposal. need end point, minor changes, we discussed them, by Tuesday it will be done, no major changes to documents.
13:55:54 [BernadetteLoscio]
q+
13:55:57 [Eric_Kauz]
yaso: will send email
13:56:04 [yaso]
ack BernadetteLoscio
13:57:30 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: would like to ask group about best practice for republication, and data enrichment, were thinking of making a simple visualization, using a map as an example to compliment. were thinking of CSV distribution and visualizatopn
13:57:44 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: is this a good idea or not necessary
13:58:05 [yaso]
q?
13:58:17 [ericstephan]
I like the idea
13:58:22 [Eric_Kauz]
yaso: thinks bernadette has time and it is a good idea
13:58:28 [newton]
open street maps
13:59:08 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: open street map may be better but needs to check licencing
13:59:29 [phila]
From the licence page OpenStreetMap is open data: you are free to use it for any purpose as long as you credit OpenStreetMap and its contributors
13:59:40 [Eric_Kauz]
phila: can do it, open street map is open, need to credit them.
13:59:40 [phila]
See http://www.openstreetmap.org/about
14:00:10 [BernadetteLoscio]
http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#context
14:00:45 [Eric_Kauz]
BernadetteLoscio: changed explanation section on context, changed diagram and text.
14:01:00 [ericstephan]
nice!
14:01:10 [phila]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:01:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/05/06-dwbp-minutes.html phila
14:01:19 [phila]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:01:20 [ericstephan]
thank you, I will work on my two parts today
14:01:20 [yaso]
bye all!
14:01:22 [Eric_Kauz]
yaso: closing call,
14:01:27 [phila]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:01:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/05/06-dwbp-minutes.html phila
14:01:33 [laufer]
bye
14:01:49 [phila]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:01:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/05/06-dwbp-minutes.html phila
16:04:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dwbp
18:20:32 [yaso]
yaso has joined #dwbp