IRC log of coga on 2016-04-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:49:29 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
15:49:29 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/04/25-coga-irc
15:50:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets:Chaohai Ding , John Rochford, ,E.A. Draffan,
15:52:01 [thaddeus]
thaddeus has joined #coga
15:53:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
Chair:Lisa_Seeman
15:53:02 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
15:53:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review actions, and timelines
15:53:05 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Tables for roadmap , such as the voice ml table https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html#table8
15:53:07 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Johns and kurts comments on wcag https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2016Apr/0022.html
15:53:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ What have we missed for issues page,Emma, globish etc
15:53:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
16:02:15 [Mike_Pluke]
Mike_Pluke has joined #coga
16:03:56 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: Kirkwood
16:04:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:04:22 [ddahl]
ddahl has joined #coga
16:04:36 [Rich]
Rich has joined #coga
16:04:46 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open
16:05:17 [KurtM]
KurtM has joined #coga
16:08:53 [kirkwood]
sedaris: put email changes to list, where change meaning will put in an email to list
16:09:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Pre-publication_checklist
16:09:10 [kirkwood]
s/sedaris/thaddeus
16:11:24 [Lisa_Seeman]
for plain links (not refrences use item 6 in the checklist
16:13:05 [kirkwood]
naked links should be done according to prepulication checklit and make sure things according to item 6 inchecklist fix naked links. According to w3C specs in issue paper.
16:14:25 [kirkwood]
kurt: online payments he put in pull request, in should be able to get that paper out.
16:14:54 [kirkwood]
lisa: doesn’t have any pull requests, asked if its merged
16:16:29 [janina]
present+ Janina
16:17:19 [kirkwood]
Kurt: online payment seemed didn’t go through
16:18:35 [kirkwood]
Lisa: you need to make a pull request and michael will talk you through. I have no open pull request I’m not seeing it.
16:21:09 [kirkwood]
Kurt: said has not made any changes that is effecting the meaning, Lisa: as with Kirkwood, put into an email and send to list. Anything that changes maning should be emailed to list.
16:22:33 [kirkwood]
Rich: the first public working draft of API and formal tequest to talke a look and sub tmam to talke a look at issues. It doesn’t hurt but not necssary to look at it. He’sll have a better answer in a week or two.
16:23:41 [kirkwood]
Security aned Modality issue paers look pretty mature.
16:24:11 [kirkwood]
Nina: have not been able to get to the issue paper.
16:25:02 [kirkwood]
Lisa: tring to resolve Kurt’s pull request
16:28:00 [kirkwood]
Debbie: update on issue paer. Voice or Emotion? Adding content to voice one, sent it to list a couple of weeks ago . Working on updating repository. Forked it rather than working on master and should be able to push it back. Working on that right now. I’m getting voice done before doing the emoiton one. Eotion will be a whold new issue paper. Will use template from homepage.
16:28:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Oct/att-0054/COGAIssuePaperTemplate.html
16:29:37 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Proposal_for_WCAG
16:29:51 [kirkwood]
Lisa: WCAG extension to go over. Went over Kurt’s comments this morning. Cross refernecng should be checked. Not sure if we should keep references. Put in as editors note. Good comments.
16:30:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:31:54 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/voice-menus.html
16:33:36 [kirkwood]
Lisa: know ddebbie wants to put more changes in voice. proposed solutions to standardize by reserving the zero for specific
16:35:06 [kirkwood]
Lisa: debbie has more comments to add to list, then we take this and move into gap analysis in table, simple to use voice memo systems. refernece 1.4.4 link has more examples.
16:38:32 [kirkwood]
Allow using 0 for a human. Do we want to put human in additional symantics. Would it make sense to do that here, back , undo, human operator.
16:40:58 [kirkwood]
Debbie: there is a standard for spoken language and digits, operator you say operator’ users with cognitive disabilites will not be able to ramember all of them. I could remember half of in the etsy? standard
16:42:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/semantics.html
16:42:50 [ddahl]
ETSI standard http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_es/202000_202099/202076/02.01.01_50/es_202076v020101m.pdf
16:44:07 [kirkwood]
Lisa: discussion of symantic based adaptablity would be an opiton for voice systems
16:47:13 [kirkwood]
debbie: best practice to press zero to get to operation. but we can’t have something that says operator. Could use through smaret phone, but couldn’t do it with a current phone. Datalink with phone would not be possible. But technology doesn’t exist now
16:47:49 [kirkwood]
Debbie: could use something lie tropo(?) or trillio(?)
16:48:00 [kirkwood]
lisa: skype would work
16:48:42 [kirkwood]
debbie: 0 for operator or say operator is as much realistically we can expect people to learn
16:50:23 [kirkwood]
lisa: symanitic + user agent such as skype, would enable people to not just press zero for operator we could have a standard tool bar
16:50:54 [kirkwood]
dabbie: visual ivr will display your choices on screen at anytime
16:51:20 [kirkwood]
s/dabbie/ddahl
16:52:33 [kirkwood]
ddahl: display navigation, worried about going back to a previous state there is cognitive load there. udoing what we are doing by going back.
16:53:14 [kirkwood]
ddahl: concerned about cognitive load about going back
16:57:42 [kirkwood]
kirkwood: what about getting a summary of what you have chosen so far
16:58:09 [kirkwood]
dddahl: more than three itmes in menu, company specific jargon
16:58:24 [kirkwood]
seeman: advertising is an issue
16:58:50 [kirkwood]
ddahl: keep things as short as possible, no more than three items
17:00:21 [kirkwood]
lisa: haven’t resolved very much here. need to make sure use best practices in wcag extension. We shoul has out what we have been discussing, low memory forget context. For epeop;e ot go cak a step can we put in an issue paper? maybe thats a meeting at TPAC?
17:00:34 [kirkwood]
Debbie: they are closed
17:00:56 [kirkwood]
s/Debbie/ddahl
17:01:18 [kirkwood]
ddahl: we can have some kind of discussion at TPAC
17:01:27 [ddahl]
Voice UI guidelines
17:01:33 [ddahl]
http://videsign.wikispaces.com/
17:02:22 [ddahl]
can talk with Multimodal Interaction WG or a possible Voice Community Group at TPAC
17:02:37 [ddahl]
ddahl has left #coga
17:13:44 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/semantics.html
17:22:47 [kirkwood]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:22:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/25-coga-minutes.html kirkwood
17:36:02 [Rich]
Rich has joined #coga
17:57:42 [Rich]
Rich has joined #coga
17:59:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:59:28 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, create minutes
17:59:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/25-coga-minutes.html Lisa_Seeman
17:59:48 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, please part
17:59:48 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Janina
17:59:48 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
18:00:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, please part
18:00:01 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items