IRC log of social on 2016-04-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:00:13 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #social
17:00:13 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/04/12-social-irc
17:00:15 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:00:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #social
17:00:17 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SOCL
17:00:17 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot
17:00:18 [trackbot]
Meeting: Social Web Working Group Teleconference
17:00:18 [trackbot]
Date: 12 April 2016
17:00:22 [cwebber2]
present+
17:00:23 [tantek]
present+
17:00:26 [ben_thatmustbeme]
present+
17:00:30 [eprodrom]
present+
17:00:56 [shevski]
present+
17:01:22 [wilkie]
present+
17:02:29 [ben_thatmustbeme]
scribenick:ben_thatmustbeme
17:02:29 [wilkie]
congrats!
17:02:31 [tantek]
scribe: ben_thatmustbeme
17:02:32 [jaywink]
jaywink has joined #social
17:02:36 [ben_thatmustbeme]
scribe: Ben Roberts
17:02:37 [tantek]
zakim, who is here?
17:02:37 [Zakim]
Present: cwebber, tantek, ben_thatmustbeme, eprodrom, shevski, wilkie
17:02:39 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jaywink, Zakim, RRSAgent, annbass, cwebber2, tantek, eprodrom, jtilles, bblfish_, shevski, jasnell_, oshepherd, wilkie, raucao, rhiaro, ben_thatmustbeme, rrika,
17:02:39 [Zakim]
... Arnaud, aaronpk, tsyesika, bigbluehat, jet, KevinMarks, ElijahLynn, tessierashpool_, bret, dwhly, bitbear, Loqi, wseltzer, trackbot, sandro, shepazu
17:03:06 [bengo]
bengo has joined #social
17:03:11 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: first thing on the agenda is approval of minutes from last week
17:03:17 [tantek]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2016-04-05-minutes
17:03:21 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: minutes of last week
17:03:28 [shevski]
looks fine
17:03:33 [shevski]
+1
17:03:38 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: could people who were there last week please +1 in IRC if they look file
17:03:39 [bengo]
present+
17:03:41 [ben_thatmustbeme]
s/file/fine
17:03:55 [cwebber2]
+1
17:04:00 [wseltzer]
present+
17:04:04 [wilkie]
+1
17:04:08 [ben_thatmustbeme]
<ben_thatmustbeme> i was not here last week either
17:04:09 [bengo]
+1
17:04:26 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: i think thats a fine number, and lets go ahead and declare them approved
17:04:34 [ben_thatmustbeme]
APPROVED: accept minutes of last week
17:04:41 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: document status
17:04:53 [tantek]
q?
17:05:04 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: anyone who is working on document actively, if anyone has anything to add please speak up
17:05:11 [eprodrom]
q+
17:05:17 [tantek]
ack eprodrom
17:05:43 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: i have been talking with the chairs group and we are working to clear any ... for as2
17:05:59 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... I am working on a new editor's draft, this will be the first time doing so on my own
17:06:20 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... aiming for an editor's draft for the end of the week and hoping to publish a WD by the next meeting
17:06:34 [aaronpk]
hello! trying to dial in now
17:06:39 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... i think that all the important issues have been resolved so at this point its editorial and formatting
17:06:41 [wilkie]
this is awesome
17:07:03 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: good luck, I believe as soon as you commit to github, it creates the editors draft automatically
17:07:13 [tantek]
q?
17:07:14 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... any other editors?
17:07:21 [aaronpk]
present+
17:07:39 [tsyesika]
present+
17:07:53 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... aaronpk since you just joined any updates on other documents before we move on to your specific item?
17:08:10 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... tsyesika if you have any updates, nows the time before we move on.
17:08:11 [aaronpk]
q+
17:08:11 [tsyesika]
I should have an update next week but this week for me we can move on
17:08:24 [tantek]
ack aaronpk
17:08:40 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: ............................
17:08:43 [aaronpk]
shoot why isn't my sound working
17:08:54 [wilkie]
well, you see, computers
17:09:05 [aaronpk]
well this isn't going to work well if i can't talk
17:09:28 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: any one line status updates to provide us via IRC?
17:09:28 [aaronpk]
dialing in again
17:09:36 [aaronpk]
yeah -
17:09:40 [KevinMarks]
present+
17:09:47 [aaronpk]
minor webmention updates, changelog is here http://webmention.net/draft/#changes-from-29-march-2016-wd-to-this-version
17:09:50 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: well we can at least move on to other items while waiting
17:09:58 [tantek]
TOPIC: Propose opening PDX F2F day 2 lunch to local socialweb/indieweb design and development community members to drop in and informally mingle
17:10:00 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: f2f discussion
17:10:41 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: aaronpk proposed having our normally close to WG lunch to be open to the broader PDX design community on the second day
17:10:50 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... any concerns, feedback?
17:11:00 [wilkie]
I generally like that. if we place demos around lunch can people come to that?
17:11:07 [ben_thatmustbeme]
bengo: it seems like a good idea, but wouldn't dinner be better?
17:11:20 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: usually dinner on the second day is informal
17:11:22 [bengo]
fair
17:11:45 [cwebber2]
+1 to demos around lunch
17:11:53 [wilkie]
+1
17:11:55 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: wilkie proposed demos around lunch, can people come to that, what to others thing of that
17:12:00 [KevinMarks]
lunch is good for nearby folks
17:12:03 [ben_thatmustbeme]
<ben_thatmustbeme> +1
17:12:17 [KevinMarks]
extend lunch to include demo time +1
17:12:40 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: seems to be good feedback so i don't think we need to make that a formal proposal, i think its just general feedback
17:12:47 [tantek]
TOPIC: Intro/demo Webmention test suite
17:13:21 [wilkie]
we hear ya
17:13:22 [KevinMarks]
I hear you
17:13:26 [KevinMarks]
.rocks
17:13:37 [aaronpk]
https://webmention.rocks/
17:13:41 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: with ispiration from as2.rocks, i created webmention.rocks
17:14:03 [annbass]
present+
17:14:06 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... the goal is to test various pieces of the spec. there are 8 now that test various parts of webmention discovery
17:14:18 [aaronpk]
https://webmention.rocks/test/3
17:14:47 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... each looks like a blog post, if you can discover endpoint on it, you can post comments to it
17:15:06 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... I plan to add more tests, i plan to, i'd love for people to hammer on it and test out their webmention clients
17:15:10 [KevinMarks]
mention-tech.appspot.com now passes
17:15:19 [eprodrom]
q?
17:15:22 [KevinMarks]
Known is being patched by kylewm
17:15:36 [wilkie]
oh nice
17:15:43 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: i see a lot of comments on these links you just pasted, do you have any idea how many implementations we're seeing on here?
17:15:53 [eprodrom]
q+
17:15:59 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: its hard to tell, i'm going to suggest people comment with information about their implementations
17:16:36 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... i see a couple of known sites, a wordpress one, one i don't recognize, one hand-rolled. looks like at least 3 or 4 sending
17:16:52 [eprodrom]
q+
17:17:01 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: that looks great, people with implementations should check it out, where can we give feedback?
17:17:03 [tantek]
ack eprodrom
17:17:08 [eprodrom]
muted
17:17:10 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: issues link is on the page
17:17:54 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: aaronpk this is creating a lot of links to other peoples sites, this could be a spam magnet, what are you doing about that?
17:18:17 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: it only keeps them for 48 hours now, i may curate them to have some stick.
17:18:32 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: how about putting no-follow, i know its a bit paranoid.
17:18:49 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... i anticipate spamming might become an issue pretty quickly
17:18:53 [KevinMarks]
that will give us a spam testcase
17:19:02 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: i would be flattered if this got spammed
17:19:05 [annbass]
:-)
17:19:17 [eprodrom]
+1
17:19:29 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... right now they auto disappear after 2 weeks but i'll drop that down after it gets real traffic
17:19:32 [tantek]
q?
17:19:33 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... i can add nofollow
17:19:41 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: tracking of issues
17:19:48 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: nothing pending review on tracker
17:19:53 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: other business
17:20:01 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: anything else anyone wants to bring up?
17:20:15 [ben_thatmustbeme]
*crickets*
17:20:25 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: okay, sounds like we are done for the day
17:20:35 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... thank you everyone for participating
17:20:39 [wilkie]
thanks all
17:20:40 [bengo]
byebye
17:20:42 [wilkie]
ben_thatmustbeme++
17:20:42 [annbass]
thanks tantek and ben_thatmustbeme!
17:20:44 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... see you next week, same bat-time, same bat-channel
17:20:45 [Loqi]
ben_thatmustbeme has 138 karma
17:20:58 [ben_thatmustbeme]
s/bat-//
17:21:13 [ben_thatmustbeme]
trackbot, end meeting
17:21:13 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
17:21:13 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been cwebber, tantek, ben_thatmustbeme, eprodrom, shevski, wilkie, bengo, wseltzer, aaronpk, tsyesika, KevinMarks, annbass
17:21:21 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
17:21:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/04/12-social-minutes.html trackbot
17:21:22 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
17:21:22 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items