IRC log of aria-editors on 2016-02-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:46:32 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #aria-editors
17:46:32 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/02/17-aria-editors-irc
17:46:36 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
17:46:39 [MichaelC]
meeting: ARIA editors
17:46:44 [MichaelC]
chair: MichaelC
17:46:52 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -final
17:47:12 [MichaelC]
agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria-editors/2016Feb/0006.html
17:48:01 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Publication timeline check
17:48:02 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Primer https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/249
17:48:02 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Documentation issues https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Adocumentation
17:48:02 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Horizontal rules cleanup done? https://www.w3.org/2016/02/03-aria-editors-minutes.html#item05
17:48:03 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Document practices for pull requests http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1754
17:48:04 [MichaelC]
agenda+ AOB
17:48:05 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Next meeting
18:02:34 [clown]
present+ Joseph_Scheuhammer
18:02:40 [richardschwerdtfeger]
richardschwerdtfeger has joined #aria-editors
18:03:11 [tzviya]
tzviya has joined #aria-editors
18:03:12 [MichaelC]
present+ MichaelC
18:03:19 [ShaneM]
present+ ShaneM
18:03:32 [joanie]
present+ Joanmarie_Diggs
18:03:44 [MichaelC]
present+ Michiel
18:03:50 [tzviya]
present+ Tzviya
18:03:54 [fesch]
fesch has joined #aria-editors
18:03:57 [MichaelC]
present+ Matt
18:03:58 [richardschwerdtfeger]
present+ Rich_Schwerdtfeger
18:04:11 [MichaelC]
agenda?
18:04:31 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
18:04:31 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Publication timeline check" taken up [from MichaelC]
18:05:00 [MichaelC]
Draft of Graphics-AAM exists
18:06:12 [MichaelC]
work ongoing on Core-AAM
18:07:20 [MichaelC]
agenda+ autopublish
18:07:30 [MichaelC]
DPub update by 14 March
18:07:55 [mck]
mck has joined #aria-editors
18:08:28 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #aria-editors
18:08:45 [MichaelC]
need FPWD drafts by 4 March
18:08:59 [MichaelC]
other drafts should be ready by March 11
18:11:07 [MichaelC]
<negotiation for later timelines, need to have no publication issues if so>
18:11:10 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
18:11:10 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Primer https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/249" taken up [from MichaelC]
18:12:12 [tzviya]
q+
18:12:12 [MichaelC]
Previously we didnĀ“t want to do the work on republishing the primer
18:12:24 [jamesn]
q+
18:12:34 [MichaelC]
which is the only way to put a note on it
18:12:41 [MichaelC]
ack t
18:13:04 [MichaelC]
Tzviya finds primer useful as a newcomer
18:13:09 [MichaelC]
ack ja
18:13:21 [MichaelC]
much of the content has been moved into the Practices
18:13:56 [MichaelC]
1.0 Practices also a dangling doc
18:14:01 [MichaelC]
does throw people off
18:14:51 [ShaneM]
q+ to talk about how to mark as abandoned
18:15:06 [jamesn]
we should do what css does
18:15:07 [jamesn]
https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/
18:16:37 [ShaneM]
https://www.w3.org/TR/html-alt-techniques/
18:17:32 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to find out if there is a way to mark WDs as abandoned and superceded by X without doing a republish
18:17:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2025 - Find out if there is a way to mark wds as abandoned and superceded by x without doing a republish [on Michael Cooper - due 2016-02-24].
18:19:00 [MichaelC]
ack next
18:19:01 [Zakim]
ShaneM, you wanted to talk about how to mark as abandoned
18:19:31 [MichaelC]
what https://www.w3.org/TR/html-alt-techniques/ did might be a precedent
18:20:05 [MichaelC]
might be able to get latest version URI to redirect to later doc
18:20:58 [tzviya]
+1
18:20:58 [fesch]
+1
18:21:38 [MichaelC]
RESOLUTION: publish ARIA primer and practices 1.0 as abandoned, strip content, redirect shortnames if possible
18:22:12 [MichaelC]
action: shane to prep ARIA 1.0 primer and practices for their death beds
18:22:12 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2026 - Prep aria 1.0 primer and practices for their death beds [on Shane McCarron - due 2016-02-24].
18:22:52 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
18:22:52 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Documentation issues https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Adocumentation" taken up [from MichaelC]
18:25:06 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to attempt to address documentation issues https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Adocumentation reassign if needed
18:25:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2027 - Attempt to address documentation issues https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues?utf8=%e2%9c%93&q=is%3aissue+is%3aopen+label%3adocumentation reassign if needed [on Michael Cooper - due 2016-02-24].
18:25:15 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
18:25:15 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Horizontal rules cleanup done? https://www.w3.org/2016/02/03-aria-editors-minutes.html#item05" taken up [from MichaelC]
18:25:26 [MichaelC]
Done for APG
18:25:44 [MichaelC]
Core-AAM seems clean
18:25:50 [MichaelC]
Accname-AAM seems clean
18:25:54 [MichaelC]
ARIA spec for tomorrow
18:26:41 [MichaelC]
DPub ARIA still to do
18:27:09 [MichaelC]
Graphics-ARIA still to do
18:27:19 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
18:27:19 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Document practices for pull requests http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1754" taken up [from MichaelC]
18:28:01 [MichaelC]
To do soonish
18:28:20 [MichaelC]
topic: Old references
18:28:24 [MichaelC]
biblio.js has pointers to PF
18:28:33 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to clean biblio.js with old PF stuff
18:28:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2028 - Clean biblio.js with old pf stuff [on Michael Cooper - due 2016-02-24].
18:28:42 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
18:28:42 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Next meeting" taken up [from MichaelC]
18:29:09 [MichaelC]
Next meeting is 2 March 2016 at 1:00 pm Boston
18:29:18 [MichaelC]
agenda?
18:29:25 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
18:29:25 [Zakim]
agendum 7 was just opened, MichaelC
18:29:29 [MichaelC]
zakim, close this item
18:29:29 [Zakim]
agendum 7 closed
18:29:30 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
18:29:30 [Zakim]
8. autopublish [from MichaelC]
18:29:31 [MichaelC]
zakim, next item
18:29:31 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "autopublish" taken up [from MichaelC]
18:32:45 [MichaelC]
autopublish allows bypass webmaster to publish
18:32:55 [MichaelC]
MC tried to do it earlier but ran into problems
18:32:56 [MichaelC]
can try again
18:33:51 [MichaelC]
long run it will make things easier for us
18:34:04 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to try again with echidna publishing
18:34:05 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2029 - Try again with echidna publishing [on Michael Cooper - due 2016-02-24].
18:34:36 [clown]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echidna
18:35:22 [clown]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echidna_%28mythology%29
18:35:45 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:35:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/02/17-aria-editors-minutes.html MichaelC
18:38:07 [ShaneM]
rrsagent, actions?
18:38:07 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. Sorry, nothing found for 'actions'
18:57:11 [tzviya]
tzviya has joined #aria-editors
19:52:29 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
19:52:29 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2016/02/17-aria-editors-actions.rdf :
19:52:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cooper to find out if there is a way to mark WDs as abandoned and superceded by X without doing a republish [1]
19:52:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/02/17-aria-editors-irc#T18-17-32
19:52:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shane to prep ARIA 1.0 primer and practices for their death beds [2]
19:52:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/02/17-aria-editors-irc#T18-22-12
19:52:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cooper to attempt to address documentation issues https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Adocumentation reassign if needed [3]
19:52:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/02/17-aria-editors-irc#T18-25-06
19:52:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cooper to clean biblio.js with old PF stuff [4]
19:52:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/02/17-aria-editors-irc#T18-28-33
19:52:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cooper to try again with echidna publishing [5]
19:52:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/02/17-aria-editors-irc#T18-34-04
19:52:31 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
19:52:31 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, Tzviya, Shane, Michiel, Matt, fesch, Joseph_Scheuhammer, JamesN, ShaneM, Rich_Schwerdtfeger
19:52:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #aria-editors