IRC log of wot-td on 2016-02-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:03:19 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wot-td
13:03:19 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/02/03-wot-td-irc
13:03:45 [pablo]
pablo has joined #wot-td
13:03:45 [kaz]
scribenick: DarkoAnicic
13:03:48 [mdadas]
present+ Mohammed Dadas
13:04:08 [DanhLePhuoc]
DanhLePhuoc has joined #wot-td
13:04:21 [Louay]
Louay has joined #wot-td
13:04:29 [Louay]
present+ Louay_Bassbouss
13:05:01 [DanhLePhuoc]
present+ DanhLePhuoc
13:05:23 [michael]
michael has joined #wot-td
13:05:38 [toru]
present+ Toru_Kawaguchi
13:07:47 [jhund]
jhund has joined #wot-td
13:08:17 [DarkoAnicic]
present+ DanhLePhuoc, dape, DarkoAnicic, katsu, kaz, Louay, mdadas, michael, schuki, Sebastian, taki, toru
13:08:43 [DarkoAnicic]
Topic: recap of the f2f meeting last week (including plugfest and breakout outcomes)
13:09:04 [DarkoAnicic]
present+ jhund
13:09:18 [kaz]
[ participants so far: Kaz_Ashimura, Danh_Le_Phuoc, Daniel_Peinter, Darko_Anicic, Frank_Reusch, jhon, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Klaus_Hartke, Louay_Bassbouss, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster, Mohammed_Dadas, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Takuki_Kamiya, Toru_Kawaguchi, Victor_Charpenay ]
13:10:43 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: there is a wiki page with minuts from F2F meeting: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Breakout_topics_27-02-2016_28-02-2016#TD_Breakout_2_.2827-02-2016_13-16:00pm.29
13:11:38 [pablo]
pablo has joined #wot-td
13:12:18 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: current status presented, slides can be found here: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/images/a/a1/W3C_WoT_TD_Breakouts_Nice.pdf
13:12:50 [kaz]
[ participants so far: Kaz_Ashimura, Danh_Le_Phuoc, Daniel_Peinter, Darko_Anicic, Frank_Reusch, jhon, Johannes_Hund, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Klaus_Hartke, Louay_Bassbouss, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster, Mohammed_Dadas, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Pablo, Takuki_Kamiya, Toru_Kawaguchi, Tuan.Tran, Victor_Charpenay ]
13:14:08 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: presents a short recap from the Plugfest
13:14:23 [kaz]
[ participants so far: Kaz_Ashimura, Danh_Le_Phuoc, Daniel_Peinter, Darko_Anicic, Frank_Reusch, jhon, Johannes_Hund, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Klaus_Hartke, Louay_Bassbouss, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster, Mohammed_Dadas, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Pablo, Takuki_Kamiya, Toru_Kawaguchi, Tuan.Tran, Victor_Charpenay, shuki ]
13:14:29 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: ThingWeb Repository was introduced by Plugfest
13:14:56 [TuanTranNhat]
TuanTranNhat has joined #wot-td
13:14:56 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: stores TDs from all demos, it can be queried, updated etc.
13:16:15 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: T2T introduction has been demonstrated (temperature sensor form France interacts with an aircondition device from Japan)
13:17:39 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: various demonstrations were presented, with more TDs than in Sapporo. Various supported protocols, e.g., HTTP, CoAP, MQTT, WS
13:19:06 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: feedback from Pkugfest: change of IP address should be kept up to date in the Thing's TD.
13:19:34 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: there was a question about the support for security in TD
13:20:31 [TuanTranNhat]
present+ TuanTranNhat
13:21:03 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: further on, binding to the protocols. We add a property name to the IP addtress (uri). We could work on a better prosal here, e.g., HATEOAS
13:22:03 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: how to nest properties, how to handle absolute links (further open questions in the scope of TD-TF)
13:23:09 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: TD provides a basic semantic info, but the real semantics can be captured in higher-level vocabularies, ontologies etc. How to integrate and utilize them?
13:23:35 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: TechLandscpae wasa topic too
13:23:47 [DarkoAnicic]
https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/TF-TD/Technology%20Landscape/TechLandscape.md
13:24:41 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: we refined the topics and assigned names of people who are willing to contribute
13:25:59 [DarkoAnicic]
Mohammed (Orange): I can contribute to the TechLandscape
13:26:18 [DarkoAnicic]
s/TechLandscpae/TechLandscape
13:26:52 [DarkoAnicic]
Michael: I can work on the TechLandscape too
13:27:20 [kaz]
s/Mohammed (Orange):/Mohammed_(Orange):/
13:28:54 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/APIs_and_Protocols_TF#Technology_Landscape fyi. TF-AP Tech Landscape
13:29:07 [DarkoAnicic]
Johannes: could Mohammed and Michale contribute to the API-related TechLandscape
13:29:26 [kaz]
s/wasa/was a/
13:29:35 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
13:29:37 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:29:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/02/03-wot-td-minutes.html kaz
13:30:08 [DarkoAnicic]
Victor: Schema.org is not tightly related to TD
13:31:04 [pablo]
pablo has joined #wot-td
13:31:16 [DarkoAnicic]
Michale: agree, but can serve as as an example of a shared vocabulary used on the Web, and perheps we could do similar things related to WoT
13:32:15 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: for further propsoals on the TechLandscape, please propose via email
13:34:04 [DarkoAnicic]
Topic: 2nd day of F2F - Break Out day
13:34:18 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: a joint session with DI-TF
13:34:29 [kaz]
s/as as/as/
13:35:24 [DarkoAnicic]
Minutus available: https://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-wot-td-minutes.html
13:36:04 [DarkoAnicic]
s/Minutus/minutes/
13:36:56 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: there was a discussion about HATEOAS
13:38:47 [kaz]
i|Sebastian:|and https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Breakout_topics_27-02-2016_28-02-2016#TD_Breakout_2_.2827-02-2016_13-16:00pm.29
13:38:49 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: a joint TD - SP session
13:39:50 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: whether and how to put security related information in TD
13:40:56 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: outcome: let us create examples of TDs with security related information, e.g., relaying on JSON Web token
13:41:29 [DarkoAnicic]
Topic: 3rd day of F2F - Break Out day
13:42:22 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: Darko presented an example how to extend a TD (for a brightness sensor used in the Plugfest) with further contextual infomration (e.g., SSN ontology)
13:43:01 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: discussion was whether we could extend vocabulary in TD-TF
13:43:47 [DarkoAnicic]
e.g., horizontal vocabular, i.e., not domain dependent. For example, for "on" and "off"
13:44:48 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: presents outcome of the discussion on what is in the scope of the future WG w.r.t TD-TF
13:47:37 [DarkoAnicic]
Darko: regarding a horizontal vocabulary we could try to propose one and use it during our Plugfests, and if it turns to be useful and practical, then it could be a subject of the group's work
13:48:19 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: no new serilization format should be proposaed by us, i.e., we should relay on the existing ones
13:50:03 [DarkoAnicic]
Johannes: system internal and generation of TD in the scope of AP-TF
13:50:54 [DarkoAnicic]
s/serilization/serialization/
13:51:21 [DarkoAnicic]
Frank: the meeting was very productive
13:52:56 [DarkoAnicic]
Frank: we cannot propose only one serialization format, the standard needs to be opened for various fomrats
13:53:45 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: content negotiation mechanism should be used
13:55:08 [DarkoAnicic]
Johannes: for existing APIs the question is whether I will be able to create a TD - is this in the scope of the group's work?
13:56:03 [DarkoAnicic]
Matthias: for legacy systems, a gateway can be used
13:59:35 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: if one creates an API that is compliant with guidelines from us (API-TF), then there should be no problem. Exisitng systems that do not relay on such guidelines, can use gateways. However this is out of scope of the group's work.
14:00:13 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: you can still comment on subjects that are in/out of scope via emails
14:00:56 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: first to address is the subject on protocol bindings and planning for the next Plugfest
14:01:55 [DarkoAnicic]
Mohammed: what is the conclusion on the presentation about oneM2M
14:02:56 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: it was a nice overview, the presented ontology is very interesting, although quite big
14:03:16 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: could be a good input for a colaboration with us
14:04:49 [DarkoAnicic]
Johannes: possible colaboration on the level of abstraction between oneM2M and the API work, but oneM2M activities are more related the TD-TF
14:06:55 [DarkoAnicic]
Michael: IoT semantic interopearbility workshop in March will be held in Silicon Valley. Everyone invited, please send a position paper.
14:07:23 [DarkoAnicic]
s/in March will be held/will be held in March/
14:09:35 [DarkoAnicic]
Michael: it would be valuable to have a position of oneM2M at the workshop
14:10:07 [DarkoAnicic]
Sebastian: please work on the TechLandscape, see you in 2 weekes.
14:10:18 [DarkoAnicic]
rrsagent, create minutes
14:10:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/02/03-wot-td-minutes.html DarkoAnicic
14:12:03 [taki]
taki has left #wot-td