IRC log of apa on 2016-01-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:51:30 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #apa
16:51:30 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-irc
16:51:32 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
16:51:34 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
16:51:34 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
16:51:35 [trackbot]
Meeting: Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
16:51:35 [trackbot]
Date: 27 January 2016
16:51:36 [janina]
agenda?
16:51:43 [janina]
zakim, clear agenda
16:51:43 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
16:51:52 [janina]
agenda+ preview agenda with items from two minutes
16:51:52 [janina]
agenda+ Decision Policy -- Ready for CfC? http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy
16:51:55 [janina]
agenda+ Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open
16:51:58 [janina]
agenda+ Spec Review Process Update -- Michael, Janina [See Below]
16:52:00 [janina]
agenda+ new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
16:52:03 [janina]
agenda+ Other Business
16:52:05 [janina]
agenda+ next and future meetings http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_273
16:52:08 [janina]
agenda+ be done
16:53:47 [janina]
regrets: Leonie, Joanie, Shane
16:53:58 [janina]
present+ Janina
16:54:02 [janina]
zakim, next item
16:54:02 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, janina
16:54:06 [janina]
q?
16:54:13 [janina]
ack m
16:54:16 [janina]
ack j
16:54:16 [Zakim]
joanie, you wanted to ask about moving the action
16:54:24 [janina]
zakim, next item
16:54:24 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "preview agenda with items from two minutes" taken up [from janina]
17:01:37 [cyns]
cyns has joined #apa
17:05:03 [jf]
jf has joined #APA
17:05:22 [fesch]
fesch has joined #apa
17:05:23 [jf]
Present+ JF
17:05:49 [fesch]
present+ fesch
17:08:40 [jf]
scribe: JF
17:08:45 [jf]
agenda?
17:09:47 [jf]
JS: looking to set up a different system for looking at Spec review
17:10:16 [jf]
JS: to remove the dependancy on Michael Cooper
17:12:08 [jf]
JF: some discussion kicking off around starting a TF focused on writing unit tests, not only for ARIA 1.1 but perhaps other efforts as well
17:12:29 [jf]
JS: we should also revisit CSS Flexbox discussions with CSS WG
17:12:44 [jf]
CYNS: have been having some back-channel discussions there as well
17:12:56 [jf]
JS: look to revisit in February
17:13:37 [jf]
Cyns: MS has become a lot more engaged in this activity. With the split of ARIA and APA, MSFT is adding a new person to the work
17:14:06 [jf]
zakim, take up item 3
17:14:06 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open" taken up [from janina]
17:14:23 [jf]
zakim, take up item 2
17:14:23 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Decision Policy -- Ready for CfC? http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy" taken up [from janina]
17:15:10 [jf]
JS: there has been discussion here and in the ARIA WG - there has been a bit of a re-write to help clarify and avoid some 'gotchas'
17:15:45 [jf]
with a note that CfC's need to be handled on the admin list, not the main discussion list
17:16:31 [jf]
which was the purpose of the admin list - it allows us to restrict the participation (comments, welcome, long discussions essentially not)
17:17:16 [jf]
JS: believe we are ready for a DfD on this topic - Janina to issue the CfC later this week or next, in sync with the ARIA WG
17:17:30 [jf]
JS: encouraging all to vote on both issues
17:17:47 [jf]
s/DfD/CfC
17:18:15 [jf]
RESOLUTION: meeting agrees to take Draft Decision Policy to CfC
17:18:35 [jf]
zakim, take up item 3
17:18:35 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open" taken up [from janina]
17:18:41 [jf]
MC:
17:19:11 [MichaelC]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
17:19:30 [jf]
MC: Action 2001
17:19:40 [jf]
JS: on Leonie, who is not here today
17:20:53 [jf]
ACTION 1749
17:21:26 [jf]
RS: don't believe there is much here
17:21:46 [jf]
MC: Potentially we can close this as it is moving forward elsewhere and appears to be OK
17:22:05 [jf]
Cyns: leave open, and will report back soon
17:22:25 [MichaelC]
close action-1749
17:22:25 [trackbot]
Closed action-1749.
17:22:38 [MichaelC]
action-1749: needs device independent stuff, but separate action
17:22:38 [trackbot]
Notes added to action-1749 Review ui events.
17:23:09 [jf]
MC: Need to record this in a wiki page as well
17:23:21 [jf]
JS: this is where we need multiple hands working together
17:26:08 [jf]
JS: we received a request for comments earlier this week
17:26:27 [janina]
https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/419
17:27:23 [jf]
we just need a way to annotate the graphic, in use-cases where it may be a help screen or similar
17:28:02 [jf]
https://www.w3.org/TR/appmanifest/
17:28:04 [MichaelC]
needs device independent stuff, but separate action
17:28:07 [MichaelC]
needs device independent stuff, but separate action
17:28:10 [MichaelC]
https://github.com/w3c/manifest/commit/04d72e16764068dea1f353e781312e325fd774f7
17:29:46 [jf]
Q+
17:30:52 [jf]
JS: sounds like we need to provide them with some info and details on providing better alt text and descriptions
17:31:18 [jf]
JS: James N had issues around the spash screen scenario
17:31:39 [jf]
MC: issues around color contrast as well
17:32:19 [jf]
MC: who is taking the next step on this
17:32:35 [jf]
MC: we should get cynthia to join the discussion to confuse everyone
17:32:38 [jf]
[laughter]
17:33:02 [jf]
JS: should we check back with Shane to see if Respec is a root of some problems?
17:33:45 [jf]
fesch: Is this the issue with red text on pink background?
17:34:14 [jf]
MC: sort of yes, but Respec had been tested previously and was pretty good a11y wise
17:34:30 [jf]
MC: we use Respec as well, and know a maintainer
17:34:46 [jf]
MC: we should push back
17:35:00 [jf]
JS: perhaps its in the way we are using Respec versus how they are?
17:35:16 [jf]
fesch: they are using warnings, etc. I've neot seen before
17:35:25 [jf]
s/neot/not
17:36:03 [ShaneM]
I am deep in the middle of other stuff right now, but please feel free to assign me any ReSpec related actions.
17:37:51 [jf]
JS: give action to Shane?
17:38:17 [ShaneM]
Note that since I am not on the call, the action could use a little context ;-)
17:38:46 [jf]
MC: found a diagram with poor color contrast (in SVG)
17:39:32 [ShaneM]
ok
17:39:46 [janina]
Also, diag needs extended text descript
17:39:57 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:39:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html MichaelC
17:39:59 [janina]
Or even to be accessible svg
17:40:20 [jf]
issues around color contrast in the Respec CSS
17:40:23 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
17:40:26 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:40:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html MichaelC
17:40:29 [jf]
zakim, take up next item
17:40:29 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, jf
17:40:33 [jf]
ack JF
17:40:39 [jf]
Zakim ,take up next item
17:40:49 [jf]
zakim, take up next item
17:40:49 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "preview agenda with items from two minutes" taken up [from janina]
17:40:57 [jf]
zakim, take up item 4
17:40:57 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Spec Review Process Update -- Michael, Janina" taken up [from See Below via janina]
17:41:44 [jf]
JS: looking at how to improve this process/tool - Michael has a "tour" to show us his thoughts
17:42:04 [MichaelC]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review
17:42:08 [jf]
JS: making this up on the fly, and time for wider look here
17:42:51 [jf]
MC: auto-generated index of all the specs we've looked at being tracked in the wiki
17:43:08 [MichaelC]
Today we talked about https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_App_Manifest
17:43:09 [jf]
Q+ to ask about capturing date-stamps in the augto-generate process
17:43:48 [jf]
MC: makes a new wiki page for each spec we look at - category page generates the index insertion
17:45:13 [janina]
q?
17:45:19 [MichaelC]
by contrast, https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Requirements_for_WCAG_2.0_Extensions
17:45:44 [jf]
each page records key actions/comments with dates, to facilitate lookup at a later date
17:46:25 [jf]
as each 'milestone' is reached on a spec, we can review our internal history and discussion, to stay in sync
17:46:29 [MichaelC]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Spec_Review
17:47:20 [jf]
MC: have run into a few authoring/editing issues, but looking at ways of speeding things up more
17:48:10 [jf]
looking at creating the wiki pages (and updates) in real time, so a second person will need to be tasked with that
17:48:10 [MichaelC]
https://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-all
17:50:41 [jf]
ack jf
17:50:41 [Zakim]
jf, you wanted to ask about capturing date-stamps in the augto-generate process
17:50:44 [janina]
ack jf
17:53:09 [jf]
JF: also wanted to know about time-stamping on the index page, as well as questions around the tables being used to display the different drafts (etc.) - can we get some <th> love there, and is it possible to make those tables sortable by column?
17:53:32 [jf]
JS: when we do some work on a spec via email, we need to ensure that this gets captured here as well
17:53:55 [jf]
MC: have talked about a tool for email scraping for some time now, however it remains a manual process still today
17:53:58 [MichaelC]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Flexible_Box_Layout_Module_Level_1
17:54:54 [jf]
JS: we want the minimum of hand-authored work
17:55:29 [richschwer]
richschwer has joined #apa
17:55:47 [jf]
MC: appears that the list archiving threading function isn't working here
17:57:30 [jf]
MC: should we link all the emails in the wiki to overcome threading, or simply note that emails may be threaded, and to verify with the W3C archives
17:58:02 [jf]
JS: should link to the TPAC discussions as well
17:58:15 [jf]
(with regard to CSS flexbox)
17:59:20 [jf]
JS: this is a dside-discussion as part of Michael's "tour"
18:00:05 [jf]
RS: it was 2 years ago at TPAC Santa Clara that we first expressed our concerns
18:00:45 [jf]
JS: it was a reasonabily good meeting, but not a lot was documented - we indicated that without a written solution we (APA) would have an issue moving forward
18:01:21 [jf]
MC: Useful to link the TPAC 2014 meeting minutes as well
18:01:36 [jf]
MC: this shows a continuity and "how long" we've been working on this
18:04:00 [jf]
zakim, take up item 5
18:04:00 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html" taken up [from janina]
18:04:26 [jf]
MC: Media Queries level 4
18:04:40 [jf]
we should really keep an eye on this
18:04:44 [MichaelC]
action: Fred to review Media Queries Level 4 https://www.w3.org/TR/mediaqueries-4/
18:04:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2005 - Review media queries level 4 https://www.w3.org/tr/mediaqueries-4/ [on Fred Esch - due 2016-02-03].
18:04:50 [MichaelC]
action-2005?
18:04:50 [trackbot]
action-2005 -- Fred Esch to Review media queries level 4 https://www.w3.org/tr/mediaqueries-4/ -- due 2016-02-03 -- OPEN
18:04:50 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2005
18:07:11 [jf]
[MC reviewing potential specs
18:07:28 [MichaelC]
https://www.w3.org/TR/CSP3/
18:07:48 [jf]
we believe this needs review, not sure whom to assign it too
18:09:28 [jf]
Draft EME spec
18:09:39 [richschwer]
richschwer has joined #apa
18:09:59 [MichaelC]
action: foliot to draft comment to ensure authoring guidance is provide on EME https://www.w3.org/TR/encrypted-media/
18:09:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2006 - Draft comment to ensure authoring guidance is provide on eme https://www.w3.org/tr/encrypted-media/ [on John Foliot - due 2016-02-03].
18:10:03 [MichaelC]
action-2006?
18:10:03 [trackbot]
action-2006 -- John Foliot to Draft comment to ensure authoring guidance is provide on eme https://www.w3.org/tr/encrypted-media/ -- due 2016-02-03 -- OPEN
18:10:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2006
18:10:43 [jf]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:11:57 [MichaelC]
action: fred to review SHACL Use Cases and Requirements https://www.w3.org/TR/shacl-ucr/
18:12:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2007 - Review shacl use cases and requirements https://www.w3.org/tr/shacl-ucr/ [on Fred Esch - due 2016-02-03].
18:12:43 [jf]
MC: we need to look at specs between Jan 15 and 21st next week then
18:12:54 [jf]
JS: yes, we are well beyond the hour
18:13:21 [jf]
JS: calling end of call
18:13:34 [jf]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:13:46 [jf]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
18:13:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html jf
18:13:58 [MichaelC]
action-2007?
18:13:58 [trackbot]
action-2007 -- Fred Esch to Review shacl use cases and requirements https://www.w3.org/tr/shacl-ucr/ -- due 2016-02-03 -- OPEN
18:13:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2007
18:14:13 [jf]
RRSAgent, publish minutes
18:14:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-minutes.html jf
18:14:23 [jf]
zakim, please part
18:14:23 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Joanmarie_Diggs, JF, Janina, LJWatson, Michiel_Bijl, cyns, MichaelC, matt_king, Katie, Haritos-Shea, fesch, Rich_Schwerdtfeger,
18:14:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #apa
18:14:26 [Zakim]
... Tzviya, mgylling
18:14:33 [jf]
RRSAgent, please part
18:14:33 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-actions.rdf :
18:14:33 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Fred to review Media Queries Level 4 https://www.w3.org/TR/mediaqueries-4/ [1]
18:14:33 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-irc#T18-04-44
18:14:33 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: foliot to draft comment to ensure authoring guidance is provide on EME https://www.w3.org/TR/encrypted-media/ [2]
18:14:33 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-irc#T18-09-59
18:14:33 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: fred to review SHACL Use Cases and Requirements https://www.w3.org/TR/shacl-ucr/ [3]
18:14:33 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/01/27-apa-irc#T18-11-57