IRC log of exi on 2016-01-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:03:26 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #exi
15:03:26 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:03:28 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:03:28 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #exi
15:03:30 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EXIWG
15:03:30 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
15:03:31 [trackbot]
Meeting: Efficient XML Interchange Working Group Teleconference
15:03:31 [trackbot]
Date: 12 January 2016
15:07:18 [caribou]
present: DP, TK, CB, JavierF
15:09:06 [taki]
scribe: TK
15:09:11 [taki]
scribeNick: taki
15:15:25 [taki]
15:18:04 [taki]
DP: Decimal support is marked as at risk.
15:18:18 [taki]
DP: We will be able to remove it safely later.
15:18:33 [taki]
DP: Appendix now talks about design decisions.
15:19:10 [taki]
DP: I got comments from DB. I already implemented most of them.
15:19:12 [dape]
15:24:50 [taki]
DP: JSON-LD supports certain keywords. It is an additional item we started to discuss at TPAC.
15:25:53 [taki]
DP: It is also more general topic.
15:27:23 [taki]
DP: Options we define in our documents. "strict" and "schemaId".
15:35:52 [taki]
DP: I would stick with current schema ID. In the next version, we can add "-2" or something to indicate version.
15:37:45 [taki]
DP: Steven Williams suggested us to use BSON as well.
15:38:33 [taki]
DP: I am not BSON expert, but I know it is a binary format.
15:42:25 [taki]
DP: "strict" is required because unknown elements are not convenient for EXI to JSON conversion.
15:44:02 [taki]
DP: By requiring strict, implementation can be simpler.
15:45:25 [taki]
JF: Appendix talks about implementation.
15:45:44 [taki]
JF: Appendix has schema.
15:46:33 [taki]
DP: Appendix B is schema. section 3 discuss conversion rules.
15:47:53 [taki]
... DP showing exificient implementation online...
15:48:30 [taki]
JF: My first impression was this was about conversion.
15:51:47 [taki]
TK: I think we can describe the reason why we require "strict" in design decision.
15:54:52 [taki]
CB: We can publish as a Note, or can publish it saying it will be revised.
15:55:41 [taki]
CB: Note in general means final.
15:56:54 [taki]
CB: Drafts invite comments much more than Notes.
15:59:20 [taki]
DP: Liam suggested we first publish draft or note. In the future, we can work on making it REC.
15:59:57 [taki]
DP: Currently, we have schema in the document. I want to make the schema available separately.
16:00:20 [taki]
CB: We can make a copy somewhere, that's ok.
16:03:06 [taki]
CB: Schema doesn't have to be normative since it is for draft.
16:03:39 [caribou]
once published
16:03:50 [taki]
DP: I want to have the document and schema consistent.
16:04:03 [dape]
16:04:42 [caribou]
16:05:58 [taki]
CB: We need to describe in the draft that we have another place that manages latest schema.
16:07:28 [taki]
CB: The schema and document need to be modified at the same time.
16:09:28 [taki]
DP: Can Carine check and modify SOTD?
16:09:37 [taki]
CB: Yes, I will do that.
16:18:59 [taki]
TOPIC: Canonical EXI
16:19:30 [taki]
TOPIC: Call for opinions on how to represent empty elements in Canonical EXI
16:21:13 [taki]
DP: Latest draft mentions both approaches.
16:22:59 [taki]
DP: I am fine with going ahead with approach B.
16:23:42 [taki]
TK: The group decided to choose approach B for how to represent empty elements.
16:25:02 [taki]
DP: I will update the document accordingly.
16:25:39 [taki]
TOPIC: Whitespace preservation mode
16:26:38 [taki]
DP: Section 4.2.5 describes whitespace handling rules.
16:28:09 [taki]
TK: I will review that section.
16:34:38 [taki]
rrsagent, create minutes
16:34:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate taki
17:18:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #exi