IRC log of coga on 2016-01-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:57:24 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
15:57:24 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/01/11-coga-irc
16:04:23 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets:Chaohai Ding , E.A. Draffan, Ayelet seeman,john
16:04:30 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
16:04:32 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review actions, and timelines
16:04:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Next ftf ideas (TPAC and Katie suggestion)
16:04:35 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Issue papers - GA
16:04:36 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Techniques - GA
16:04:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Other issue papers
16:04:39 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
16:04:46 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets:Chaohai Ding , E.A. Draffan, Ayelet seeman,John Rochford
16:59:08 [EA]
EA has joined #coga
17:04:02 [ddahl]
ddahl has joined #coga
17:04:25 [Mike_Pluke]
Mike_Pluke has joined #coga
17:06:06 [maryjom]
maryjom has joined #coga
17:07:25 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: EA
17:07:43 [Lisa_Seeman]
next items:
17:07:48 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item:
17:07:51 [EA]
Review of timeline
17:08:24 [EA]
Deadlined end of Month Jan 2016 freeze all the content going into the gap analysis - first working draft
17:08:25 [richardschwerdtfeger]
richardschwerdtfeger has joined #coga
17:08:35 [richardschwerdtfeger]
present+ Rich_Schwerdtfeger
17:08:47 [EA]
Stop working on it whilst content is ported by Lisa and Michael
17:09:16 [EA]
Still go on working on issue papers that are outstanding whilst this porting is occurring
17:10:01 [EA]
need to have enough in the working draft that people can see what we are working on
17:10:32 [EA]
Lisa hopes that by July 2016 all the issue papers will be complete
17:11:27 [EA]
Issue papers, summary of those papers and the table of user needs plus techniques completed and draft of extension proposal
17:11:58 [janina]
present+ janina
17:13:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
EA: slide project will be a great implmention and will identify gaps in what we are doing
17:13:27 [ddahl]
present+ Debbie_Dahl
17:14:13 [EA]
Lisa suggested that we also need to discuss epub and the extension for ARIA - need to add to techniques
17:15:30 [EA]
Lisa is moving now to the sub groups - Mike to give a summary of WCAG proposal
17:15:45 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Proposal_for_WCAG
17:16:21 [EA]
Mike said that they had completed a full overview of the document - may need revisiting
17:16:50 [EA]
Lisa said they were checking for the notion of making it testable and widely adaptible
17:17:15 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis_Summary
17:17:39 [EA]
Other two subgroups - next on summary Janina and Rich - nearly fiinished this task - say 70% complete
17:18:18 [Kurt_M]
Kurt_M has joined #coga
17:18:59 [EA]
Mary Jo to add some solutions... Rich has made some comments but still feels more needs to be done to make it easier for others to read.
17:20:10 [EA]
Layout issues arose - positioning of techniques and issues cropped up
17:20:29 [richardschwerdtfeger]
q+
17:21:25 [Lisa_Seeman]
hi kurt - we are looking at https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis_Summary#Overview_of_techniques
17:21:41 [Kurt_M]
Thanks
17:25:13 [EA]
Rich said we need to 'paint a picture of the problem' lack of research, lack of 'personalisable' web at this stage, content modification, lack of standards for these and other aspects, build services to support needs - gaps shown and then offer techniques - People on the whole do not grasp the whole problem
17:25:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:25:25 [Mike_Pluke]
q
17:25:27 [Lisa_Seeman]
ack rich
17:26:35 [EA]
Mike agreed with much of what had been said - offer alternate options but can offer low tech fall back options - not all or nothing and Rich agreed
17:28:09 [EA]
Lisa pointed out that this was a summary of issues and the techniques with a table of the user needs
17:32:49 [Lisa_Seeman]
ea: should we write the introduction now
17:32:59 [Lisa_Seeman]
or fiurst finihsh the summary
17:33:30 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:35:09 [EA]
Janina suggested finishing the draft and then consider writing the draft of the overall picture
17:35:52 [EA]
Michael feels it is important to have an introduction - Lisa has Rich to help at the moment
17:36:01 [Lisa_Seeman]
action: Lisa and Rich write a introduction for gap annalisis
17:36:01 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-149 - And rich write a introduction for gap annalisis [on Lisa Seeman - due 2016-01-18].
17:38:04 [EA]
Lisa asked whether we should keep the papers as issue papers rather than topics?
17:39:13 [EA]
Issues paper are exploratory items - Michael felt that the name was not a problem and Rich agreed
17:41:49 [EA]
Rich commented that we need to make things more easily found - bring solutions higher up the order and not have to deal with all the research.
17:42:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis_Summary
17:46:13 [EA]
Discussion about cross links and the need to summarise the main points and then people go out to get extra information.
17:49:45 [EA]
Rich commented that more needs to be brought into the section but it is not easy to make consumable
17:51:06 [EA]
Lisa suggested that some headings are confusing with some that are repeated - needs to be revisited.
17:52:39 [EA]
Lisa went on to look at the poll regarding the meetings to be help - Austin USA seems to be the only one that has 6 people which is not quorum - need 8 + people.
17:52:53 [Lisa_Seeman]
http://doodle.com/poll/yfhxc4qx3bxku47g
17:54:13 [chaals]
chaals has joined #coga
17:55:17 [EA]
Janina and Michael felt that it was more about who was going to be attending the most important factor
17:57:34 [ddahl]
ddahl has left #coga
17:58:32 [EA]
Lisa went on to the development of a table of user needs - Kurt and Tony - time pressures not so great as the summary.
17:59:29 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
18:00:22 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Proposal_for_WCAG
18:00:41 [Lisa_Seeman]
is it perscriptive?
18:01:09 [EA]
Lisa asked everyone to look at the Proposal for WCAG to check that it is sufficiently prescriptive.
18:01:12 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, make logs public
18:01:23 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, create minutes
18:01:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/01/11-coga-minutes.html Lisa_Seeman
18:01:57 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, please part
18:01:57 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Rich_Schwerdtfeger, janina, Debbie_Dahl
18:01:57 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
18:05:45 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, please part
18:05:45 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2016/01/11-coga-actions.rdf :
18:05:45 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Lisa and Rich write a introduction for gap annalisis [1]
18:05:45 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/01/11-coga-irc#T17-36-01