IRC log of social on 2015-12-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:00:31 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #social
18:00:31 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2015/12/08-social-irc
18:00:33 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:00:35 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SOCL
18:00:35 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
18:00:36 [trackbot]
Meeting: Social Web Working Group Teleconference
18:00:36 [trackbot]
Date: 08 December 2015
18:00:46 [eprodrom]
present+ eprodrom
18:00:46 [ben_thatmust]
present+
18:01:17 [ben_thatmustbeme]
present- ben_thatmust
18:01:20 [ben_thatmustbeme]
preset+
18:01:23 [ben_thatmustbeme]
present+
18:01:25 [eprodrom]
So close
18:01:43 [eprodrom]
absent+
18:02:05 [aaronpk]
present+
18:02:15 [rhiaro]
present+ rhiaro
18:02:30 [melvster]
melvster has joined #social
18:02:32 [wilkie]
present+
18:05:00 [ben_thatmustbeme]
I'll scribe
18:05:05 [eprodrom]
ben_thatmustbeme++
18:05:07 [Loqi]
ben_thatmustbeme has 127 karma
18:05:11 [eprodrom]
scribenick: ben_thatmustbeme
18:05:19 [bengo]
bengo has joined #social
18:05:19 [eprodrom]
I think that's the right incantation
18:05:27 [eprodrom]
Sometimes it's a colon and sometimes it's a comma
18:05:38 [ben_thatmustbeme]
scribe:Ben Roberts
18:05:57 [bengo]
present+
18:06:00 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: as it is 5 minutes after the hour, lets get started
18:06:05 [eprodrom]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2015-12-08
18:06:06 [ben_thatmustbeme]
agenda is linked in the topic
18:06:15 [tantek]
present+ tantek
18:06:21 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: approval of minutes
18:06:22 [cwebber2]
oops
18:06:26 [cwebber2]
sorry, dialing in now
18:06:33 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: two sets of minutes to approve last telcon and F2F
18:06:38 [eprodrom]
PROPOSED: approve minutes of Nov 24 https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2015-11-24-minutes
18:06:43 [KevinMarks_]
present+
18:07:00 [eprodrom]
+1
18:07:02 [tantek]
+1
18:07:04 [wilkie]
+1
18:07:07 [aaronpk]
+1
18:07:10 [tsyesika]
+1
18:07:17 [tsyesika]
present+
18:07:18 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... unless there is a minus 1 we will move on quickly
18:07:19 [rhiaro]
+1
18:07:22 [ben_thatmustbeme]
+1
18:07:31 [eprodrom]
RESOLVED: approve minutes of Nov 24 https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2015-11-24-minutes
18:07:59 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: next order of business is minutes from F2F, these are significantly longer
18:08:00 [eprodrom]
PROPOSED: approve minutes Dec 1 https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2015-12-01-minutes
18:08:02 [cwebber2]
present+ cwebber2
18:08:41 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: lets treat both days as a single proposal
18:08:44 [eprodrom]
PROPOSED: approve minutes Dec 1 https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2015-12-01-minutes and https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2015-12-02-minutes
18:08:49 [rhiaro]
+1
18:08:58 [cwebber2]
+1
18:08:59 [aaronpk]
+1
18:09:06 [eprodrom]
+1
18:09:15 [cwebber2]
rhiaro++
18:09:18 [Loqi]
rhiaro has 191 karma
18:09:19 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: we have had some problems with F2F minutes before so bravo Amy
18:09:20 [eprodrom]
rhiaro++
18:09:23 [Loqi]
rhiaro has 192 karma
18:09:24 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... any objections?
18:09:27 [rhiaro]
thanks to whoever bot-wrangled sufficiently to mean there were no problems with the minutes!
18:09:33 [tantek]
+1
18:09:44 [eprodrom]
RESOLVED: approve minutes Dec 1 https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2015-12-01-minutes and https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2015-12-02-minutes
18:09:52 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... barring any objections we'll mark this resolved
18:09:56 [wilkie]
+1
18:10:22 [eprodrom]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/resolutions
18:10:30 [tantek]
ben_thatmustbeme++ for the resolutions summary!
18:10:32 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... while we are on the subject of minutes, ben_thatmustbeme has taken the time to group resolutions from previous minutes
18:10:33 [Loqi]
ben_thatmustbeme has 128 karma
18:10:43 [cwebber2]
present+
18:10:49 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... if it possible i would love to see this kept up to date
18:11:04 [wilkie]
ben_thatmustbeme++ this is great
18:11:04 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... moving on with admin tasks
18:11:07 [Loqi]
ben_thatmustbeme has 129 karma
18:11:12 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: github procedure
18:11:47 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: one of the controversies going in to F2F is how github procedure works and if we were being fair and how that was documented
18:11:58 [eprodrom]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/github
18:12:07 [KevinMarks_]
me
18:12:12 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... at the F2F amy put together a basic set of procedures and we hammered on them
18:12:19 [tantek]
present+ kevinmarks
18:12:38 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we approved these at the F2F but wanted to bring them up since not everyone was at the F2F
18:13:01 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we have already resolved this as the law of the land for github, but wanted to bring it up in telcon
18:13:03 [eprodrom]
q?
18:13:09 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... any comments or questions on this?
18:13:30 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... no, given that, lets move on
18:13:52 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: ActivityStreams 2.0
18:14:13 [tantek]
we had resolved to publish a new WD ASAP at the f2f
18:14:24 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: james updated the editors draft, but did not publish a new WD
18:14:45 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... would like to move toward CR in Jan
18:14:58 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... there was some editorial issues around adding eprodrom as a co-editor
18:15:03 [rhiaro]
I think there is a new WD? http://jasnell.github.io/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/activitystreams-core/index.html
18:15:08 [rhiaro]
Looks updated
18:15:15 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... he is not on today so i am trying to fill in in my co-editor role
18:15:23 [rhiaro]
Oops I mean http://www.w3.org/TR/activitystreams-core/
18:15:28 [tantek]
rhiaro, I think James has to just pull the trigger because we already resolved to publish
18:15:34 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we cleared up a lot of things at F2F, i don't think we have significant blocking issues right now
18:15:40 [rhiaro]
Never mind
18:15:41 [KevinMarks_]
that is updated, yes
18:15:46 [eprodrom]
https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/issues/
18:15:50 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... the idea is to go to a new editors draft in the next few days
18:16:03 [eprodrom]
http://jasnell.github.io/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/activitystreams-core/ http://jasnell.github.io/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/activitystreams-vocabulary/
18:16:12 [tantek]
"RESOLUTION: publish a new WD of AS2 drafts as of / by Friday. " from https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2015-12-02-minutes
18:16:47 [ben_thatmustbeme]
s/editors draft in the next few days/working draft in the next few days/
18:16:47 [KevinMarks_]
so http://jasnell.github.io/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/activitystreams-core/index.html should move to http://www.w3.org/TR/activitystreams-core/
18:16:55 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: the hold up may be on my end
18:17:04 [eprodrom]
ACTION eprodrom get w3cid to jasnell asap
18:17:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-85 - Get w3cid to jasnell asap [on Evan Prodromou - due 2015-12-15].
18:17:05 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: can you take an action to get this fixed?
18:17:13 [eprodrom]
q?
18:17:26 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: anything on the queue for AS2?
18:17:33 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: love the rapid progress
18:17:40 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: i think everyone does
18:17:55 [rhiaro]
http://w3c-social.github.io/social-web-protocols/social-web-protocols
18:18:02 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: social web protocols
18:18:38 [melvster]
rhiaro: FYI: SoLiD is now called Solid
18:18:38 [ben_thatmustbeme]
rhiaro: this morning i closed a bunch of issues that were opened at the F2F as they looked like there was concensus
18:19:09 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... if anyone feels this is inadiquate please bring it up
18:19:19 [KevinMarks_]
can you add links?
18:19:25 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... I added a section on relation between different documents
18:19:34 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... i would like feedback on what people think about it
18:19:53 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... ask for FPWD issues be posted on Github
18:20:07 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... would like to ask if there are none to go to FPWD by next call
18:20:22 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: we'll put on agenda for next call to move this FPWD
18:20:31 [tantek]
q+ to ask didn't we ask for that last week to be done by this week?
18:20:36 [eprodrom]
q?
18:20:43 [eprodrom]
ack tantek
18:20:43 [Zakim]
tantek, you wanted to ask didn't we ask for that last week to be done by this week?
18:20:45 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... assuming people will put in there issues there before next call and hopefully close them
18:20:55 [ben_thatmustbeme]
s/issues/FPWD blocking issues/
18:21:17 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: reviewing the minutes from F2F we made that same request for today already
18:21:24 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... are you asking to extend?
18:21:43 [ben_thatmustbeme]
rhiaro: yes, they were not posted until very recently, and feel it should have a week
18:21:49 [eprodrom]
q?
18:21:57 [tantek]
shall we re-resolve on that then?
18:22:01 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: thats reasonable, other editors should take note to do this as well
18:22:05 [rhiaro]
https://github.com/w3c-social/social-web-protocols/issues
18:22:15 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: we are collecting issues on github?
18:22:24 [KevinMarks_]
hm, do we need a profile type discovery like post type?
18:22:25 [ben_thatmustbeme]
rhiaro: yes (gives link)
18:22:26 [eprodrom]
q?
18:22:27 [tantek]
PROPOSED: make any FPWD- issues on Social Protocols Comparison visible before next telecon 12/15
18:22:27 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: thank you
18:22:35 [KevinMarks_]
"The subject of a profile document can be a person, persona, organisation, bot, location, … the type of the subject of the profile is not required."
18:22:48 [rhiaro]
Social Web Protocols
18:22:55 [eprodrom]
PROPOSED: make any FPWD- issues on Social Web Protocols visible before next telecon 12/15
18:22:56 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: lets update that for the correct name
18:23:13 [tantek]
+1
18:23:15 [eprodrom]
+1
18:23:17 [rhiaro]
+1
18:23:19 [KevinMarks_]
+1
18:23:20 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: we had a similar proposal at F2F, we are updating to push it another week
18:23:21 [ben_thatmustbeme]
+1
18:23:23 [aaronpk]
+1
18:23:33 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: i think that makes sense since the minutes just came out
18:23:43 [eprodrom]
RESOLVED: make any FPWD- issues on Social Web Protocols visible before next telecon 12/15
18:23:53 [cwebber2]
+1
18:24:13 [ben_thatmustbeme]
rhiaro: one last thing to add, i am going to be opening a bunch of issues i would like WG to review, its not just for me its that I don't know where to go with some of them
18:24:20 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... if people could keep an eye on that
18:24:43 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: i just talked to myself with my microphone off :)
18:24:48 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: webmention
18:25:12 [melvster]
melvster has left #social
18:25:14 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: after the f2f all the issues that we discussed i have incorporated issues in to the doc and closed others
18:25:30 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... there are some remaining issues i want to discuss on the call and close a batch of them
18:26:00 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... I commented on each issue with the diff so you can see exactly what the differences are
18:26:07 [aaronpk]
webmention issues that have been addressed: #22, #18, #17, #13, #12, #5
18:26:23 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... they are all linked in the agenda
18:26:50 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... i would like to propose closing all those on the call here
18:27:16 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: i'm not quite sure what the proposal is, these have been closed?
18:27:27 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: they have been addressed, but not closed
18:27:57 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: i don't want to get rules-wordy about this, but by my understanding, unless there is some objection by the people in the thread or by the requester
18:28:03 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we don't need to address them
18:28:31 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: my understanding was the opposite, and i thought we all had to agree but i'm happy to close them proactively
18:28:51 [aaronpk]
PROPOSED: close webmention issues #22, #18, #17, #13, #12, #5 as resolved either having incorporated feedback or rejected with justification
18:28:56 [rhiaro]
+1
18:29:01 [eprodrom]
+1
18:29:02 [cwebber2]
+1
18:29:05 [aaronpk]
+1
18:29:12 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: lets just do this really quickly and in the future we can be more efiicient
18:29:13 [ben_thatmustbeme]
+1
18:29:22 [tantek]
+1
18:29:36 [eprodrom]
RESOLVED: close webmention issues #22, #18, #17, #13, #12, #5 as resolved either having incorporated feedback or rejected with justification
18:29:38 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: i'm going to mark resolved
18:29:55 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: in the future i will be proactive about closing them unless there are explicit objections
18:30:09 [KevinMarks_]
+1
18:30:16 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: as the editor its mostly up to you unless there are objections to your mechanism to close them
18:30:39 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: on issue #21 is in regards to the .well-known
18:31:03 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... i feel there are good reasons for allowing and not allowing, we don't need to discuss on the call but did want to bring the attention to the group
18:31:12 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: do you think its a FPWD blocker?
18:31:22 [eprodrom]
q+
18:31:32 [eprodrom]
ack eprodrom
18:31:33 [eprodrom]
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6415
18:31:37 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: it might be as it requires a change for the sender and that can be a significant change for the implementor
18:31:56 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: postmeta uses the well-known
18:32:08 [ben_thatmustbeme]
s/postmeta/hostmeta/
18:32:22 [tantek]
q+ to note that in practice host-meta has also been broken by the big sites that have asked for this, e.g. Google
18:32:28 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: that might be the most efficient way
18:32:42 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... without setting up a whole new well-known endpoint
18:32:53 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: this looks like it adds even more work for senders
18:33:13 [eprodrom]
ack tantek
18:33:13 [Zakim]
tantek, you wanted to note that in practice host-meta has also been broken by the big sites that have asked for this, e.g. Google
18:33:17 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: anyway, i'll add that to the thread and you can see why i don't have an obvious path to closing this right now
18:33:31 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: To be clear, you don't have to close all issues to go to FPWD
18:33:42 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... or even have them all documented, though its nice to have
18:33:55 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... regarding this in particular, i don't think its a FPWD
18:34:04 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... maybe in the draft list it as an open issue
18:34:36 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... historically this type of discovery has been requested by large companies who break their own host-meta by themselves for months at a time
18:34:53 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... as an editor you should consider that no current implmentations have yet to use this
18:35:09 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... and also that those requesting it often break it themselves
18:35:32 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... I don't think we can do that on the call, but i wanted to bring that up, but it may require synchronous discussion
18:35:51 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: i like the plan of not having it as a FPWD blocker and just making sure to note it as an open issue
18:36:04 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: there are a lot of ways to go from a link relation to an endpoint
18:36:20 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... that discovery process does get rather complicated as there are a lot of methods to do it
18:36:21 [bengo]
not a FPWD blocker but IMO "one big company messed up one time" isn't a good reason to ignore the use case
18:36:46 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... it might not be necessary to actually specify them in webmention either
18:36:50 [KevinMarks_]
it's more like "all big companies that supported it dropped it"
18:36:51 [tantek]
bengo - hence worth keeping as an open issue
18:36:54 [bengo]
yep
18:36:56 [bengo]
cool with me
18:36:57 [tantek]
- not ignoring
18:37:02 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: I also wanted to call for FPWD blockers to be added by next week
18:37:12 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... same as the Social Web Protocols document
18:37:16 [wilkie]
you just need to realize that to do practical interop you'll need to implement 3 or 4 different methods of discovery because everybody thinks every other method is dumb
18:37:24 [eprodrom]
PROPOSED: make any FPWD- issues on Webmention visible before next telecon 12/15
18:37:27 [aaronpk]
wilkie++
18:37:29 [Loqi]
wilkie has 25 karma
18:37:30 [tantek]
+1
18:37:37 [aaronpk]
+1
18:37:37 [ben_thatmustbeme]
+1
18:37:38 [eprodrom]
+1
18:37:40 [KevinMarks_]
+1
18:37:45 [wilkie]
+1
18:38:04 [rhiaro]
+1
18:38:05 [KevinMarks_]
wilkie: or makes up their own
18:38:08 [tantek]
wilkie, or we pick the most common subset (HTTP LINK header and HTML a/link rels) and go with that
18:38:15 [eprodrom]
RESOLVED: make any FPWD- issues on Webmention visible before next telecon 12/15
18:38:37 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: Post Type Discovery
18:38:57 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: I feel like PTD is a very constrained spec, there are only a few issues
18:39:06 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... I don't need to discuss any specific issues
18:39:30 [ben_thatmustbeme]
.... I too would like to request anyone with FPWD blockers to make them visible by next week
18:40:02 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... and also to request people to continue to just raise issues and look at the doc, I do appreciate those that have thus far
18:40:14 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: that makes sense
18:40:18 [eprodrom]
PROPOSED: make any FPWD- issues on Post Type Discovery visible before next telecon 12/15
18:40:22 [ben_thatmustbeme]
+1
18:40:26 [eprodrom]
+1
18:41:02 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: this does mean that we have 3 documents to review before next telcon but that may get us working more
18:41:08 [aaronpk]
+1
18:41:13 [cwebber2]
+1
18:41:19 [KevinMarks_]
+1
18:41:24 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: and with any luck we'll have 3 documents to bring to FPWD next week, which will be a great note to end the year on
18:41:30 [tsyesika]
+1
18:41:35 [eprodrom]
RESOLVED: make any FPWD- issues on Post Type Discovery visible before next telecon 12/15
18:41:46 [rhiaro]
bengo's use case for .well-known seems pretty solid. If this discovery mechanism is the only way bigger/media/cms-constrained orgs can even implement webmention, I think we should avoid excluding them.. otherwise we go from 'probably will not implement / will screw it up' to 'definitely will not implement' and lose out a whole bunch. Particularly as these are orgs who are likely to benefit from federation, as it is optimising for their customers and probably
18:41:46 [rhiaro]
isn't damaging their business interests.
18:42:07 [ben_thatmustbeme]
TOPIC: tracker actions
18:42:24 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: there are no raised issues right now
18:42:36 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we have no issues pending review either
18:42:41 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... only pending review actions
18:42:45 [tantek]
rhiaro I don't see the evidence for "is the only way bigger/media/cms-constrained orgs can even implement webmention" - such claims were made in the past about webfinger etc. and either have shown to not be true, or even if they do implement it that way, it's fragile and fails anyway.
18:42:59 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... a lot of these are on you tantek from a few days ago, do you want to take a look at these?
18:43:09 [rhiaro]
tantek: based that comment from what bengo said, he's the one with experience with these orgs
18:43:12 [aaronpk]
it looks like a lot of those are about adding things to the f2f agenda so they are done by default now
18:43:28 [rhiaro]
Can we close ACTION 74 and 75?
18:43:37 [ben_thatmustbeme]
tantek: yes I claim i did all these
18:43:44 [tantek]
actions 76-79
18:43:46 [tantek]
in particular
18:43:59 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: can you close those actions please
18:43:59 [tantek]
close action 76
18:44:08 [tantek]
close action-76
18:44:08 [trackbot]
Closed action-76.
18:44:12 [tantek]
close action-77
18:44:12 [trackbot]
Closed action-77.
18:44:17 [tantek]
close action-78
18:44:17 [trackbot]
Closed action-78.
18:44:20 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: amy you had a question about 74 and 75
18:44:21 [tantek]
close action-79
18:44:21 [trackbot]
Closed action-79.
18:44:31 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... aaronpk and rhiaro are those complete?
18:44:51 [eprodrom]
q?
18:44:51 [ben_thatmustbeme]
rhiaro: I added a section to the SWP document that i think completes it, so long as everyone is happy with that
18:45:08 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: any other questions?
18:45:31 [ben_thatmustbeme]
aaronpk: the webmention page has been updated, so that is done as well
18:45:34 [aaronpk]
close action-81
18:45:34 [trackbot]
Closed action-81.
18:45:43 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: i love closing issues
18:46:02 [KevinMarks_]
did evan just hang up?
18:46:09 [cwebber2]
it sounds like it
18:46:11 [cwebber2]
eprodrom: ping
18:46:12 [eprodrom]
Augh
18:46:16 [wilkie]
i think so
18:46:19 [eprodrom]
I was giving a really good speech too
18:46:31 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we are now at 45 minutes, i think we have done pretty well here.... (evan's phone dies)
18:46:51 [wilkie]
tantek: can't pick a subset. others don't agree wrt interop.
18:47:04 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: alright, back in the game
18:47:21 [wilkie]
tantek: i enjoy your boundless optimism though :)
18:47:24 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we are at 45 minutes, i'm happy to give the rest of the 13 minutes back
18:47:34 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... however if anyone has any issues we should discuss
18:47:51 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... in particular i'd like to ask in cwebber2 has an update on activitypump
18:47:57 [tantek]
wilkie - in practice no one does "only" host-meta, thus picking a subset of HTTP LINK and HTML rel can work in practice.
18:48:02 [Arnaud1]
Arnaud1 has joined #social
18:48:28 [ben_thatmustbeme]
cwebber2: this weekend was kind of crazy for me, but i plan to spend this week closing as many issues as i can, i hope i will have things to report by next call
18:48:29 [tantek]
wilkie - happy to be disproven with documented examples of real-world host-meta *only* implementations.
18:48:57 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: i don't know that we are at the FPWD request yet for this or micropub
18:49:07 [aaronpk]
do we have a call on 12/22?
18:49:17 [KevinMarks_]
progress on jf2?
18:49:17 [ben_thatmustbeme]
it may be that we don't get much more work done on these in the next few weeks
18:49:40 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: i believe we do have calls scheduled for 12/22 and 12/29
18:49:47 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... we have cancelled those last year
18:49:57 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... do we want to cancel one or both of those calls?
18:50:12 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... specifically for tantek...
18:50:23 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... actually i and the other chairs will talk about that
18:50:28 [ben_thatmustbeme]
... and we will discuss next week
18:50:29 [ben_thatmustbeme]
q+
18:50:30 [tantek]
ok by me
18:50:33 [eprodrom]
q?
18:50:42 [eprodrom]
ack ben_thatmustbeme
18:50:48 [tantek]
mostly I want to give the opportunity for cwebber2 and aaronpk to ask for FPWD on ActivityPump and Micropub
18:50:59 [tantek]
so for me it is up to their preference
18:51:22 [tantek]
to 1) call for FPWD- issues by a certain date, and then 2) ask for resolution to publish FPWD by a later date after that
18:51:23 [wilkie]
tantek: host-meta is prioritized in my code. i'm not even sure how to get certain endpoints (dialback, salmon) on just page links or headers. i don't think I do.
18:51:37 [tantek]
wilkie - good to know - is that in rstatus or ?
18:51:56 [eprodrom]
q?
18:52:01 [ben_thatmustbeme]
ben_thatmustbeme: do we want make it a workflow that scribe should move resolutions to the /resolutions page in the future?
18:52:12 [ben_thatmustbeme]
eprodrom: yes sure, can you do that for F2F and this week
18:52:17 [ben_thatmustbeme]
ben_thatmustbeme: sure
18:52:21 [eprodrom]
trackbot, end meeting
18:52:21 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
18:52:21 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Arnaud, csarven, rhiaro, aaronpk, shanehudson, sandro, elf-pavlik, kevinmarks, wilkie, eprodrom, jasnell, ben_thatmustbeme, cwebber,
18:52:24 [Zakim]
... tantek, hhalpin, james, tsyesika, wseltzer, akuckartz, shepazu, Rob_Sanderson, Shane_, rene, cwebber2, Benjamin_Young, bengo, ben_thatmust, KevinMarks_
18:52:29 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
18:52:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/12/08-social-minutes.html trackbot
18:52:30 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
18:52:30 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items